football
Latest News:

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

Players with Potential in Welsh Premier League
19 September, 2017 14:34
I was looking at Welsh premier league goal scorers, such as Forrest Green Rovers who signed Christian Doidge from Carmarthen Town 2014.

Chris Venables is a player that keeps featuring in top goalscrorer records in Welsh Premier League, it may be worth seeing what he is about ?

Aberystwyth FC
2014/15 : 24 goals in 32 games
2015/16 : 20 goals in 31 games
Bala town FC
2016/17 : 13 goals in 8 games
2017/18 : 3 goals in 2 games

Chris Venables joined Bala Town from Aberystwyth Town in July 2016.

He has played for Llanelli enjoying Welsh Cup success and played in the Europa League. His latest spell at Aberystwyth was hugely successful as he scooped the Welsh Premier League Player of the Year twice and Golden Boot three times.

He joined Llanelli in June 2009 from Aberystwyth and made his Reds' debut in the Europa League in July against Motherwell in the 1-0 victory. He joined Aberystwyth Town in July 2008 after spending a year with Welshpool Town and played for Aber in the Welsh Cup Final defeat to Bangor City in 2009. He gained his revenge against Bangor for Llanelli in the 2011 Final scoring a goal in the 4-1 Welsh Cup win. He was made Llanelli captain in 2013/14 season.

He joined Welshpool, whom he captained, from Caersws in June 2007 after spending four years at the Recreation Ground. He signed for Caersws in 2003/04 from Shrewsbury Town youth and made a strong impact in his career at the Bluebirds. He was rewarded with a first ever call-up to the Wales Semi Pro squad in 2007 in the Four Nations Tournament in Inverness, featuring in all three matches. He also played against Italy in the Under 23 Semi Pro International in November 2007, but missed the England game in February 2008 through an injury picked up at Carmarthen five days before the game in Exeter. He was again selected for the Wales Semi Pro squad in 2008 for the Tournament in North Wales and played against Finland at Stebonheath for the Under 23's.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

Re: Players with Potential in Welsh Premier League
19 September, 2017 15:33
I'd be looking at Harrogate Town in the NLN.

They are a class act in their league ATM.

Got to be some talent in their side with the run they are on?

Or dare I suggest looking at their Manager? lol

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

19 September, 2017 17:29
Ifor hardshot
Gethin thenet
Wyn deball
Dicky ticker
Cliff hanger

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

19 September, 2017 17:37
Leeky defence u picked kak

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

20 September, 2017 14:46
Owen Wages
Rhys Ellalabi
Evan Elpus
Elwyn Nothing

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

20 September, 2017 15:19
Gwyneth Tleague
Ivan Nothing
Bryn Nothing
Alad ?? (dont know) help !!

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

20 September, 2017 17:51
Barry Davies, Glyn Davies, Dean Davies, Barry Jones, Glyn Jones, oh and Dean Davies.. I am sure they will all exist without having to double check 😆

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

20 September, 2017 17:58
Don't forget dai rhea.quickest thing on 2 legs.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

20 September, 2017 19:27
None

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

20 September, 2017 22:25
Are you the head of the Welsh FA?

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

20 September, 2017 22:44
Quote:
Higgosboots
None

Our resident Welsh football ''expert''!!

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

21 September, 2017 06:26
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Higgosboots
None

Our resident Welsh football ''expert''!!

Have played at that level actually, to clarify I'm sure there is potential there but we shouldn't be seeking potential we should be seeking proven league talent.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

21 September, 2017 16:49
Alad Dinscave Aladinscave 😳). Does that work dicko111

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

21 September, 2017 23:14
Quote:
Higgosboots
Have played at that level actually, to clarify I'm sure there is potential there but we shouldn't be seeking potential we should be seeking proven league talent.

Frankly Tranmere should seek players who will improve the team, be they ones with league experience or without.

Plenty of non-league players such as Austin, Gayle, Smalling, Vardy and Antonio make it in the league, but with clubs willing to accept there are non-league nuggets out there able to make the step up.

Any club not willing to occasionally tap into that seam of nuggets, risks hindering it's ability to progress and / or achieve, based on which level they're at.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

22 September, 2017 09:50
Simon Ainge of Harrogate Town, he has just picked up the NLN Player Of The Month for bagging nine goals in a month!

Pretty impressive return at any level.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

22 September, 2017 10:42
Hey pez how's your geography. Harrogate ?

pez
pez (IP Logged)

22 September, 2017 10:49
Quote:
Loyden1
Hey pez how's your geography. Harrogate ?

My geography is fine, I was just pointing out as others have, the Welsh League is pants!

Harrogate is a lovely town based in North Yorkshire famous for its links with Agatha Christie and Betty's Tea Rooms.

Ainge is being suggested as a player with potential and nothing to do with the Welsh League.

Didn't see the point in another thread.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

22 September, 2017 10:51
Quote:
pez
Simon Ainge of Harrogate Town, he has just picked up the NLN Player Of The Month for bagging nine goals in a month!
Pretty impressive return at any level.

I'm pretty sure he's a CB / makeshift ST too so that's quite a feat to achieve!

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

22 September, 2017 12:45
Sorry pez meant as joke .I been to Harrogate a few times great town.hope they come up but hope we don't have to play them nxt season !

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

22 September, 2017 13:44
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
Higgosboots

Frankly Tranmere should seek players who will improve the team, be they ones with league experience or without.

Plenty of non-league players such as Austin, Gayle, Smalling, Vardy and Antonio make it in the league, but with clubs willing to accept there are non-league nuggets out there able to make the step up.

Any club not willing to occasionally tap into that seam of nuggets, risks hindering it's ability to progress and / or achieve, based on which level they're at.

Plenty? , Vardy 1 in a 10 million chance of another Vardy popping up, how many non league players are their? Whilst you are correct there is no doubt that experience is vital in Championship performers achieving, apart from the odd bout of real quality.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

22 September, 2017 21:56
Vardy was an ordinary example and not an example of some vast seam of non-league players making it to the very top, although all the mentioned players have played premier league stuff I meant the league as in merely league football.

Therefore when you take the number of players in the last 15 years playing below NL level who went on to play in league 2, 1, championship and premier league teams, I think the word plenty is not far off the truth and that includes players like Steve Morison, Omar Bogle and Ricky Miller, who have played league and below NL level.

I also read recently Miller has a six game ban for biting, although it was a Dover Guiseley game where he said he was in a headlock and felt biting was the only way out of it.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

23 September, 2017 07:19
Lets hope the fa buffoon who ordered the removal of the swa banner is called dai quick

cynbrifathro
cynbrifathro (IP Logged)

24 September, 2017 22:28
trfc-boi I recommended Chris Venables, then of Aberystwyth Town, to Wrexham four years ago. Venables however has a very good job outside football and was not interested in going full time. He is now however, past his best for National League standard. I also recommended Sam Finley, TNS midfielder, at this time. Scouser Finley was eventually signed when Carl Darlington, TNS Coach assumed a part time coaching role under Kevin Wilkin at Wrexham. Finley was released on the appointment of Gary Mills and now plays for AFC Fylde. There are a few current WPL players who could step up to National League standard, perhaps most notably, Aeron Edwards and Routledge TNS midfielders. This season, Scott Quigley, ex-TNS striker has signed for Div 1 Blackpool for £35,000 while Henry Jones ex-Bangor is now playing for AFC Fylde. Jason Oswall, Newtown striker has also had a successful move to Stockport County of NLN.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net