football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

Shambles
13 September, 2017 00:29
Was looking for a word and that's what keeps popping in my head.
It is, I'm not being negative just realistic. 8 goals so far is nothing short of woeful. Micky looks beleaguered and the team seems to lack the urgency needed to get any type of result in this league.
He'll get slated no doubt for his post match interview but there's not a lot else he can say. The players were shite but the buck stops with me. I tried to change it and it didn't work.
We've got problems imo, big problems.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Shambles
13 September, 2017 09:07
Well I have been admonished on a few occasions for using the word shambles ,but a shambles it is ,perfect description for what is going on

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 09:42
I just dont get it and simply dont understand. How in the space of less than 5 months can we go from a wonderful 95 pts and within an inch of regaining our league status to what appears to be a shambolic mess in the first month of this new season. From what I saw of rovers in the bt sports games last season, I think its fair to say we werent playing stunningly entertaining football but it was winning football that was amassing us the points in the table. So why during the summer has it turned to the complete opposite of , no winning football, no amassing the points and dreadful performances with no entertainment value whatsoever.. I just dont get it.. has micky, all of a sudden, turned into a bag of sh*te manager? Are the players 100% to blame? Is the coaching n training set up at the club all wrong? Is mr palios having too much to say in team affairs? Are the new signings simply not good enough or are some of these new signings having a negative and disruptive influence? Is their major disharmony in the camp? Has someone interfered with the water drinking supply at solar campus during the summer? ( only joking on this one ) Or is there some major underlying n deep rooted problem running thru the veins of the club? I just dont get it how we have become like this... OR can we sort things out quickly and the problems are not as bad as they seem ( doesnt seem likely judging by most fans comments so far this season ). I believe the new interim manager at barrow recently stated that he had seen rovers one or two times so far this season and he said that 'we are not far off from clicking and getting things right and overcoming our poor start to the season.' Is there any truth in what he said or is he talking thru his an*s? Dont understand why we have started the season like this. Why has the pain of that defeat at wembley not spurred us on this season? It bloody well should have done!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2017 09:56 by hong kong rover.

13 September, 2017 09:57
We are missing the width and pace that the wingers brought us when they were fit. We look a good team in possession but that possession needs to lead to goals. Perhaps the seeds were sown in the play off final. We were dissapointing then, not creating much, and that seems to have carried over this season. Too many strange signings, Alibi, Waring. and what has Dawson done to MM?

Thank goodness everyone else seems to be all over the place, after all these poor resuts, we are still not too far away from play offs and no one else is racing away with it.

Robbie126
Robbie126 (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 10:00
Shambles sums it up nicely. And lets be honest, its been like that since Wembley. I said at the time, win or loose, the players have to come off that pitch with no regrets having given 100% to the cause. If they lost to the better team, so be it. But how many of those who played that day could honestly say they gave it their all? I wasn't there but have spoken to many who were and all say we didn't show up. Not acceptable. And, apart from the Woking gamme, they haven't showed up yet this season. For what ever reason and based on Mickeys interview last night they wont play for him. There can only be one outcome to that.

The over reliance on journeymen pros I now believe hasn't helped. Experience they may have but certainly not the motivation to "go again" having come so close last year. Its time for the hungry youngsters to have a go, we have a few although we tossed most aside. Tollitt will help but can't be expected to carry the whole team. We are 10 games in, there is still time but not if we keep the status quo. If Mickey is still around for Ebbsfleet the performance if not the result will tell us if the players are still with him. And after that...Wrexham!

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 10:02
I feel the turning point last season was Ihiekwe starting runs from the back and distributing or just gaining space upfield.

We need that kind of attacking urgency again. There just feels like there's a lot missing at the moment.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 10:08
It's become a joke, I'm not even sure what the answer is.

We play some lovely football in midfield, built it's all sideways and backwards. Playing nice football doesn't work in this league, we need to be direct.

We need 2 wingers who take players on, get to the byline, cross it in for our strikers. One needs to be attacking the front post, the other the back post. We also need a midfielder bursting a lung to be hitting the penalty spot by the time the cross arrives.

We also need to understand that we are a selling club, and we need to sell some youngsters to survive, so I would play

Pilling
Buxton Gumbs McNulty Clarke
Dunn Harris Norburn Norwood
Cook Waring

MESSAGES->author
Gilbert's Fridge (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 10:09
Listening to the Barrow game on Saturday on Wirral Radio, Barrow had a free-kick in the first 5 minutes and the commentator said, "Scott Davies will take the free-kick for Barrow."!!

No wonder we're playing bad, if our goalkeeper starts taking the opposition free-kicks. Yes, I know it was just a slip of the tongue ...

Each week I keep hoping we'll start winning and kick-start our season, but it's not happening. I'm getting a bit worried. Not sure what the answer is.

As mentioned on the other thread, well done to those who went to Maidenhead, excellent support again.

Robbie126
Robbie126 (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 10:18
Quote:
mini_andy
It's become a joke, I'm not even sure what the answer is.
We play some lovely football in midfield, built it's all sideways and backwards. Playing nice football doesn't work in this league, we need to be direct.

We need 2 wingers who take players on, get to the byline, cross it in for our strikers. One needs to be attacking the front post, the other the back post. We also need a midfielder bursting a lung to be hitting the penalty spot by the time the cross arrives.

We also need to understand that we are a selling club, and we need to sell some youngsters to survive, so I would play

Pilling
Buxton Gumbs McNulty Clarke
Dunn Harris Norburn Norwood
Cook Waring

I would go with that 11. When Tollitt is fit put him in for Norwood. Clarke looked good against Lairds (others just coasted that match, couldnt be bothered) although he was being continuously slated by the senior pros for the odd mistake. Dunn needs to be told to take on his man higher up the pitch. If at first you don't succeed etc etc but never stop trying.

borowhite
borowhite (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 10:36
Somebody mentioned a conversation at the end of our first season in this league with a Grimsby coach (Hootsmon?)who said that our team was too old. In the year and a half since then the club still don't seem to have fully taken that on board, in fact we seem to have gone out of our way to either retain or recruit even more slow and/or old players (McEveley being a particularly glaring example who replaced one of the quickest players in the team). The quicker/younger players we have fit don't get much time on the pitch and the result is one paced, predictable play. Will he go 442 when Tollitt is fit? I think we will start leaking goals heavily if we go to a flat back four with either McNulty or McEveley in it and I think he knows that. I don't envy MM at the moment....

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 11:14
We have lost some Brabin signings and replaced them with inferior players.The manager has put to ether a squad but does not seem to know either his best side or the best formation.It is not as he says misses chances but poor performance that sees us in this poison. Is this a blip or an unravelling.It is beginning to look more like the latter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2017 12:50 by DevonExile.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 11:30
The lack of goals is alarming to say the least. The emphasis has been on crossing into the box but we only have one genuine aerial threat imo and teams are just lapping it up. Nobody attacking the far post, no follow up play and just no urgency. It sounded though Maidenhead did a job on Rides and Buxton but this isn't rocket science or some super tactic. Also our counter attacking when we do get the opportunity is woeful, absolutely awful. Slow, laboured and quite frankly clueless

prentonpete1
prentonpete1 (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 12:08
Over to you Mr palios

rumours are rife a well known ex player has apparently been spoken too let's see what happens.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 12:23
Quote:
prentonpete1
Over to you Mr palios
rumours are rife a well known ex player has apparently been spoken too let's see what happens.

Where are these Rife Rumours?

Not seen anything at all to suggest this.

Micky Mellon, Ronnie Moore, Aldo were all ex players and failed as Managers, so even if it were true, what would this ex player bring that the other ex players haven't?

I personally don't think Micky is the problem, I think the players just aren't good enough or can't be bothered.

I also think that Cook looks uninterested and is purely running down the remainder of his contract. He has offers on the table and will almost certainly be gone by next summer.

The whole team has just simply switched off, for whatever reason.

I don't know of any ex Rovers player who could come in and turn this mess around and I have not seen anything on social media to suggest that Micky's tenure is up!

A few people linked Challinor with the job a while ago, but judging his role at Fylde, he's no better than Micky and probably has more finances at Fylde?

Clint Hill could step up, but he's unproven in management at any level so would be a huge gamble.

prentonpete1
prentonpete1 (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 12:26
Try Nigel Adkins watch this space.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 12:34
Quote:
prentonpete1

He was offered it after Brabin went, his wage demands were massive, so unless he's suddenly dropped his asking price or we just won Euro millions I doubt it. I doubt MP can afford to sack MM which in reality may have something to do with the displays.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 13:02
Quote:
prentonpete1

Absolute rubbish! Don't know where you're getting this from?

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 13:24
Pez .Is the transfer window open in January and with all the shambles (good title) has something been sorted behind the scenes as to Cooks departure (he looks like a man in despair) if as reported been offered league football with Notts Cty

pez
pez (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 13:40
Quote:
dicko111
Pez .Is the transfer window open in January and with all the shambles (good title) has something been sorted behind the scenes as to Cooks departure (he looks like a man in despair) if as reported been offered league football with Notts Cty

Cooks departure will depend on whether or not Micky is still here.

From what I know, Micky and Cook don't get on, but the Chairman likes and rates Cook.

Looks like some intervention from upstairs is forcing Micky to play Cook despite his below par displays?

That in itself is grounds for upheaval and lack of spirit within the club.

I also heard that Cook wanted away in the summer but Palios rejected any bids in favour of keeping him here, another possible reason why Cook looks a bit p*ssed off?

This is only one particular player, I would assume that there may be others who have also gotten on the wrong side of Micky?

There doesn't seem to be a bond there? Its as though they want Micky to be sacked?

It happens in football, Chelsea had the same sort of thing between Costa and Jose. The manager unfortunately usually takes the fall.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 14:15
Quote:
borowhite
Somebody mentioned a conversation at the end of our first season in this league with a Grimsby coach (Hootsmon?)who said that our team was too old. In the year and a half since then the club still don't seem to have fully taken that on board, in fact we seem to have gone out of our way to either retain or recruit even more slow and/or old players (McEveley being a particularly glaring example who replaced one of the quickest players in the team). The quicker/younger players we have fit don't get much time on the pitch and the result is one paced, predictable play. Will he go 442 when Tollitt is fit? I think we will start leaking goals heavily if we go to a flat back four with either McNulty or McEveley in it and I think he knows that. I don't envy MM at the moment....

You have a good memory borowhite. We miss Ihiekwe big time and,for his forward runs and speed,Vaughan. I still think the moment we lost the playoff final was when the Southport thug broke Vaughan's leg and we had no other wing back to replace him.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 14:34
The vaughan thing smacks of ryan lowe all over again, a stingy contract forces a decent player to leave

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 15:25
Unfortunately, he is still injured, I believe he is hoping to return for Kiddie in October.

My understanding is that it was an initial short term contract until he could prove his fitness.

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 16:50
I wasn't there last night but some comments on the radio commentary struck me as worrying. The players lacked imagination, energy drive. It sounded like they were simply going through the motions to scrape a draw. Who knows where the problems come from but it seems like MM isn't able to inspire them?

Fiftyyearsarover

13 September, 2017 18:04
It can't be anything else but disharmony in the club to me ,Cook .Norwwood situation is the catalyst for this, players taking sides complete disharmony .a lot of sulky faces about .this team has everything they need so it's got to be a serious clash of personalities .i might be wrong but I don't think I am far away on this ,anyone else have their thoughts on what or why this shambles is in full flow .do the players want Mellon out?.have they lost confidence in his tactics

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 18:31
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
It can't be anything else but disharmony in the club to me ,Cook .Norwwood situation is the catalyst for this, players taking sides complete disharmony .a lot of sulky faces about .this team has everything they need so it's got to be a serious clash of personalities .i might be wrong but I don't think I am far away on this ,anyone else have their thoughts on what or why this shambles is in full flow .do the players want Mellon out?.have they lost confidence in his tactics

Not according to McNulty: [mattjones90.wordpress.com]

Clearly the players are aware of these rumours but, if there's even a grain of truth in them, whoever's leaking it needs to be dealt with. I actually think the players are trying and I don't think MM has lost the dressing room, but he's certainly got a challenge on his hands to turn this goalscoring problem around quickly because I'm not sure we've got all the tools necessary for the job.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 18:47
Quote:
the kav
The vaughan thing smacks of ryan lowe all over again, a stingy contract forces a decent player to leave
I thin Vaughn was always likely to go, his family were still down around Birmingham so his move was to be closer to them

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 19:09
I am not an Insider so I have no idea re these Adkins rumours other than it is reported elsewhere he was at the Madenhead game?
We can see MM's massive frustration in the post match interview but I do worry that he has indeed maybe lost the dressing room or else personality clashes have eroded the team spirit but if that is true TBH he has to shoulder a fair share of the blame....
Cole leaves who was his first pick ahead of Cook at end of last year and rather than bring Cook onside again he starts the first game with Alabi instead and Cook on the bench.
He brings in Alabi on a 2 year deal who has been dire so far but still has him as the go to replacement and leaves Waring sat on the bench game after game and even after an impressive cameo appearance last Saturday pops him back on the bench.
He picks a bench with no defensive cover for games.
He brings Dawson back from Kiddy and then decides to ostracise him from the squad. Ok maybe as people think it is Dawson's fault in which case get him out on loan not have him around affecting the squad.
We have no money but players he clearly doesn't expect to feature such as Dawson, Rokka, Waring? Clarke etc. still are at Prenton Park and not out on loan generating at least some revenue.
He brings Duggan in for 2 games who does well enough and then drops him entirely.
He has or at least appears to have no idea of his best 11 which must frustrate players being brought in and then dropped.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 21:30
At the start of the season the question was are we good enough to win outright promotion
Then it was when will the blip end
How long will it be before the question becomes are we bad enough to be relegated.
So far there is not much that indicates we are better than York where last season.
I know we a rely seven points of the pace but we are even nearer to the relegation line and playing as though that is where we should be

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 21:32
I think to add to our woes the extra 2 playoff spots have encouraged investment from other clubs who otherwise seen little on offer for the season other than mid table

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

14 September, 2017 00:14
(Sm103)This is all too downbeat so, believe it or not, I've come up with a positive; a positive negative if there is such a thing? For once we're all united, albeit it in our disappointment. Now that's never happened in all the time I've been posting (even Wembley didn't bring us together like this)! Comrades in arms! Onwards and upwards!
Let's hope it never happens again; I much prefer the conflict when we win! (Sm133)

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

14 September, 2017 01:10
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Clearly the players are aware of these rumours but, if there's even a grain of truth in them, whoever's leaking it needs to be dealt with

Exactly, because even today I read apparently players were not paid last month and some allegedly earn £2,400 and those leaks come from paid Palios employees and frankly they're a disgrace to the club for it.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

14 September, 2017 06:36
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Clearly the players are aware of these rumours but, if there's even a grain of truth in them, whoever's leaking it needs to be dealt with

Exactly, because even today I read apparently players were not paid last month and some allegedly earn £2,400 and those leaks come from paid Palios employees and frankly they're a disgrace to the club for it.

Think it was common knowledge that Scott was one of our highest paid players least year on over 2k per week, so don't think it's a leak. Would any of us give a toss how much they were on if we were top of the league and running away with it.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

14 September, 2017 06:49
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

If you mean paid by employees being the player himself then yes it's been leaked, pretty sure an employees is allowed to discuss his earnings. (In regards to weekly wage)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2017 06:49 by Higgosboots.

HardlyYardley
HardlyYardley (IP Logged)

14 September, 2017 09:47
I have no idea whether or not rumours of upaid or paid late players' wages are true. However, I see no problem whatsoever with this coming out if it is true. It should come out. Any employee in any job should be paid the agreed amount at the agreed time. Anything else is wrong and should be exposed. If (and I stress if) the club is paying late or not paying, then its reputation deserves to be affected.

jal jal
jal jal (IP Logged)

14 September, 2017 10:09
The trouble with paying some players e.g.£2400 is that it eventually leads to other players on less money becoming disgruntled and unrest in the dressing rooms and also on and off the pitch.

To have a happy team for want of another word you need to be paying the players a wage that is a similar amount to what they all get, so that it keeps everyone happy.

There shouldn't be one player in the team who is more important than any other player in the team, it's the team that's important not the individual. You play as a team,you win and lose as a team.
But to be honest MM doesn't seem motivated enough in his interviews after the games, he seems to come over as well I've done my best it's up to the players now kind of thing, and if the team sees the manager with that attitude then it rubs of onto the players.

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

14 September, 2017 11:30
Maybe the players have something written in to their contracts to say that they won't discuss their pay in public? While it may not be a problem for either the club or the players if it is known what they earn individually you can almost guarantee the media will attempt to write shock horror headlines about dissatisfaction?

pez
pez (IP Logged)

14 September, 2017 11:51
The Cook saga was alleged to be down to Cookie finding out that there were players earning more than him, and because he was on a decent scoring spree last season, he decided to ask for parity of pay.

This was rejected by Micky and so the spat began. Micky fell out with Cook and it showed big time, but Palios likes and rates Cookie and so Micky was more or less told to play him.

Then there were reported offers from Wrexham and Botts CTY but Palios chose to reject them in order to keep Cookie here.

A simple solution would have been to offer Cookie a new two year deal on more money, but it looks like that didn't happen?

I would imagine that Cook might just go in the next window for a nominal fee as I can't see him signing a new deal with Rovers.

My personal feeling is, that any player who wants to leave should be allowed to do so.
To keep a player who wants away is a negative vibe and they are not motivated enough to give their best.

There is obviously something negative going on behind the scenes.

Micky keeps saying they are working on stuff in training, but the performances in matches are not improving at all?

Its not just Cook who's gone missing, its quite a few of our so called decent players.

Maybe it is Micky who's lost the plot? But they are supposed to be grown men and professional footballers.

How do we go from a decent side to this dross within 10 games?

They all look like they can't be bothered and something has caused that? The big question is What?

I'm sure they and Micky know what it is, and they need to sort this out before the chance of going for promotion is well and truly scuppered.

The worry is that there is no funding to bring anyone in, so they have to sort it out themselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2017 12:17 by pez.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

14 September, 2017 12:10
Confidence-or lack of it-is a huge factor

Fiftyyearsarover

14 September, 2017 12:16
👍👍

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

14 September, 2017 12:30
Davies is on £100k a season? Bloody hell! I rather bun him and play pillings!

I must be naive, I assumed our top earners would be on £1k a week

MESSAGES->author

14 September, 2017 12:53
Post-Maidenhead...Who's going to Webbsfeet? A mix of true loyal supporters, blind fanatics, suckers for punishment and a few loopy ones, I would think, lol.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

14 September, 2017 13:06
Quote:
hong kong rover
Post-Maidenhead...Who's going to Webbsfeet? A mix of true loyal supporters, blind fanatics, suckers for punishment and a few loopy ones, I would think, lol.

I shall be there.And at Bromley and Aldershot as I booked the train tickets ages ago.

Fiftyyearsarover

14 September, 2017 13:09
That about covers it HKR 😃

coltran
coltran (IP Logged)

14 September, 2017 13:18
I am going to Ebbsfleet. Mad - maybe but I don't just give up on the club because we're going through a bad spell. That has been the crux of the clubs problems historically when fans lose interest with a corresponding fall in gate receipts which leads to budget cutting. That's what started the ball rolling some years ago and why we are in this hell-hole of a league now.

MESSAGES->author

14 September, 2017 15:12
Have just been reading up on Ebbsfleet on their wiki page. Kuwaiti owners at the club and back in the late 60s/early 70s ex England boss and now new Crystal Palace boss, Roy Hodgson, Woy the boy, made 59 appearances for them, when they were then known as Gravesend n Northfleet.. I pity the Palace fans now, a feast of sterile, negative, overly-tactical, bland and tedious football to look forward to.. a bit like watching us then!!! if there was ever a manager that simply made football unbearable to watch then Hodgson would top my list. He is the reason why I don't bother with the National side anymore.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2017 15:30 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

14 September, 2017 15:34
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
hong kong rover

I shall be there.And at Bromley and Aldershot as I booked the train tickets ages ago.

no chance of a refund then hoots, lol.

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

14 September, 2017 16:14
Hoots i have to give it to you .WHAT A SUPPORTER .Presume you are single and have no ties or just to get away from her in doors

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

14 September, 2017 18:13
Quote:
dicko111
Hoots i have to give it to you .WHAT A SUPPORTER .Presume you are single and have no ties or just to get away from her in doors

Neither,although the other half hates football. I've only been to two away games so far[Guiseley and Solihull] so there's loads of others who have done much better than me.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

14 September, 2017 20:57
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
hong kong rover

I'll be there to keep you company, even after Maidenhead....I'll be easy to spot in the tight fitting jacket with arms that buckle behind my back, and flanked by two huge lads in white coats. In years to come we will all laugh about this as we look back to the time the low point occurred and we charged up the table on our 5 year march to the Premier League.

Fiftyyearsarover

14 September, 2017 22:25
I can see why you need the straight jacket cybertron 😃

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

14 September, 2017 23:03
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
I can see why you need the straight jacket cybertron 😃
to quote Darth Vader....I find you lack of faith... disturbing

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

15 September, 2017 00:22
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy

If you mean paid by employees being the player himself then yes it's been leaked, pretty sure an employees is allowed to discuss his earnings. (In regards to weekly wage)

I meant people finding out stuff like admin people for example, not players themselves and I think it's also unprofessional if it is players, to discuss their salaries with even family members, as should it get out publicly then other clubs might be able to know what you pay players and use that knowledge to possibly gazump you on a signing or two.

If it was not an issue then the Palios' could come out say McEverley gets X and Harris gets Y, but they don't they keep it to themselves, so therefore I take that to mean that they must feel such knowledge is not meant for public consumption, therefore the honus is on any employee of Tranmere with knowledge of an individuals salary, to keep that to themselves.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

15 September, 2017 06:35
Quote:
mini_andy

Can't remember who the owner was now, but in the summer, an owner from either a League 2 club spoke out over how ridiculous players wage demands were particularly those stepping up a division and wanting 3, 4 and 5 k a week, the money is ridiculous in modern football,

MESSAGES->author

15 September, 2017 07:38
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
mini_andy

Can't remember who the owner was now, but in the summer, an owner from either a League 2 club spoke out over how ridiculous players wage demands were particularly those stepping up a division and wanting 3, 4 and 5 k a week, the money is ridiculous in modern football,

Hi higgo, think that may have been the young peterborough chairman that said that. I agree with what he said.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

15 September, 2017 07:42
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
mini_andy

Hi higgo, think that may have been the young peterborough chairman that said that. I agree with what he said.

It was indeed him, good RAM

MESSAGES->author

15 September, 2017 07:49
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
mini_andy

If I remember correctly higgo he made those comments not long after ricky miller had joined them. Wonder if It was miller being a greedy little g*t with high demands that made him make those comments?

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

15 September, 2017 10:57
Like every shambles, the solution is a darn good sort out and to start again fresh. Who's going to compose the first song for Dave Challinor as Manager.....
Now ask why Mr Gumbs is being left out of the side??
Why NO winger is being used (even as sub)?.
Why Pilling is not being played?.
Come on MM - wakey wakey, we really all want you to succeed, not suck seed. You've proven your ability to gain promotion before, now please sort it out - starting this Saturday, or face the Wreck Sam axe......

pez
pez (IP Logged)

15 September, 2017 11:02
Just a thought, but I wonder how much input Garnett had last season when he was involved in the coaching side?

It seems we've lost our way since he was shipped out to China.

Could just be a coincidence, but food for thought?

Anyone else considered this?

We went the same way years ago when Dave Kelly left.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

15 September, 2017 20:53
Quote:
pez
Just a thought, but I wonder how much input Garnett had last season when he was involved in the coaching side?
It seems we've lost our way since he was shipped out to China.

Could just be a coincidence, but food for thought?

Anyone else considered this?

We went the same way years ago when Dave Kelly left.
The same thought crossed my mind, it might not have been his input to the coaching, there may have been some unrest caused by the perception of how he was treated.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

15 September, 2017 21:05
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
mini_andy

If I remember correctly higgo he made those comments not long after ricky miller had joined them. Wonder if It was miller being a greedy little g*t with high demands that made him make those comments?

Am I right in thinking they approached Ihewkie too, he indicated they by passed a number of players over wage demands.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

15 September, 2017 23:59
Quote:
hong kong rover

Unlikely. If he wanted to move up a level or two he'd have to be careful, as too much greed could put people off, then you don't get the move you want.

A bit like someone on Dragons Den thinking they can go to the next level, by expecting £60,000 investment for only 5% stake,because clearly their business is worth £1,200,000, when all they have to offer is 2 years sales figures and claims of their own online shop and an up and running agreement that allows them to have their stuff in 25 Wilko's.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net