football
Latest News:

Trfctillidie
Trfctillidie (IP Logged)

No money at the club
12 September, 2017 23:01
Right I know I said this but it keeps going of the site have we got the money to sack him and we won't be able to afford any one else? No one will want a job with no money to spend would they

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: No money at the club
12 September, 2017 23:21
Catch 22 I'm thinking job could be a poison chalice.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

12 September, 2017 23:25
Quote:
Trfctillidie
Right I know I said this but it keeps going of the site have we got the money to sack him and we won't be able to afford any one else? No one will want a job with no money to spend would they

Why would we want to sack him?

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

12 September, 2017 23:39
Quote:
Trfctillidie

Well then loads of clubs wouldn't be able to get a new manager after 10-15 games into a season would they, as they would be going to a club that could offer them no money initially, because it had been pretty much spent up by August.

However a manager could come in before Christmas and the club having accrued some extra budget spending from game incomes and certain forms of sponsorship and some cup incomes could give the new incumbent the leverage to bring in 2-3 new signings on 2-2.5 year deals without even need a sale or two or a couple of loans until May to cover some of the cost.

Mellon shouldn't be going anywhere just yet, but the notion if he did that no one would want it is absurd and I don't mean anyone with league, NL or equivalent management experience wouldn't want it, as some would when they realised the kind of stadium and training facilities they could have, so Palios wouldn't be bringing someone in on £20,000 a year from the lower leagues, then letting him have the remains of £80,000 of saved salary spending per capita, to go crazy with 2-3 loans in then next month or two, he could get someone with league NL or equivalent experience and right now maybe someone like Frank De Boer would take it if he was offered it, as he would know Palios wouldn't jack him after 4 games and turn him and Tranmere into a joke.

Inexcusable though that was I doubt De Boer would actually.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 07:25
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Trfctillidie

Why would we want to sack him?

Probably because we are 17th with a shite team and looking like relegation fodder. However I agree with your sentiment sacking MM isn't the answer.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 09:37
They'd have to thrash some deal out as he's under contract but yes of course we could.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 10:03
As has been posted elsewhere, we have not recruited well.

Stockton, Ihiekwe and Vaughan were important pieces in our tactical approach to games and simple haven't been replaced.

Some of our youngsters released may have been better options than the players recruited, although I think Norburn is a positive addition. Looking at the teams we have played they are basically young, hungry and run all day, we are simply not competing in the same way.

Dover being a prime example (team virtually rebuilt)

We continue to play patient slow build up football and quite simply at the moment, have an inability to break teams down and capitalise on our chances and at home, we have created quite a few.

MM just doesn't seem to be able to generate the belief of last season and must shoulder responsibility for recruitment but, sacking him I don't know what that would achieve, if their is no money for players. In addition, I cannot think of anyone better (RM is simply a non starter).

Ben T return will help but, we cannot expect a miracle cure from a single player, we are at the moment simple not good enough collectively and unless we get some additional investment specifically for players, I am struggling to see where we can improve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2017 10:17 by Jack of all Trades.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 10:27
Dawson, Mangan & Rokka do not seem to fit into Micky's plans, so therefore need to be shipped out to release funds.

I would imagine Tollitt and Pilling will be the subject of transfers by F.L Clubs come January.

Cook is in the final year of his contract and I would assume he will also be leaving the club.

Could be that there's a few out there who don't want to be here, and are just running down their contracts?

There is no guile or pride being shown in the way they play.

If Micky can't get them to play, then unfortunately there is no point in him remaining as manager.

This is still salvagable, but at the moment there is nothing to suggest that we can do it. Its like Ground Hog Day after every game.

Sack the GPS@#$%&and get back to basics. Let's just play to win regardless of whether that means getting out of position to do so. At the end of the day its goals that win games.

The manager and owners are over egging it with regards to the amount of technical rubbish they are using.

Its like the players are only aloud to work in their own little areas of the pitch and get roasted for getting too far up the pitch etc?

For all the training facilities they boast about, I feel that we look unfit and slower than some of our part time opponents in some of the games.

The players need to take a look at themselves, but if Micky can't get them to play for him, then its him that has to fall on his sword.

Then there's the big question of who do we bring in?

So called big club with no more money and a team that is at least 3 players short of having enough pace and skill to mount a serious challenge.

Micky seems to have hit the buffers and I really can't see any form of improvement over the last month.

At the very least, they need to all sit down and have it out, warts and all , man to man and get whatever the problem is out in the open so it can be addressed properly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2017 10:28 by pez.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net