football
Latest News:

Su- y- army
Su- y- army (IP Logged)

Brabin
12 September, 2017 21:28
G brabin was sacked with 19 points from 11 games on the 18th of September 2016 after getting manager of the month for august .think mm first game in october 2016 was wrexham at home we won 2.0 could this year's fixture be his last????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2017 22:06 by Su- y- army.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Brabin
13 September, 2017 00:55
Gary brabin did a fine job with us defensively. From day 1 he did what every manager should do when In a new job, and that is to make sure your back 4 is sorted. We should be thankful to mr brabin for that coz our first 2 seasons our defence wasnt a problem. This season so far our defence is not leaking too many but the goals they are conceding In these low scoring defeats is proving very costly coz we cant bloody score at the other end..what are they doing in training at these new solar campus facilities? Too much time on fitness, too much time on assessment, too much time in hot n cold baths, too much time in the gym, too much time staring at whiteboards and studying opposing teams tactics n formations and too much bloody time enjoying the comfortable facilities? More bloody practice with the ball is needed.. five-a-sides, target practice, attacking passing n forward play with the ball exercises etc etc . Get on the ball rovers!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2017 01:41 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 01:21
Ever since we have been in the NL ive only seen the rovers when we are on live in bt sports games ( with the exception of wembley ) and in pretty much every game ive seen we lack width. I am not a footy manager but wide play is what creates chances, wide play speeds your game up,wide play is what gets NL defences in a tiswas, wide play provides service to cookie and wide play is what the fans want..I know mekki wasnt everyones cup of tea and he could be frustrating but in the few times I did see him he did give us that little bit of width..2 new wingers/wide players would be a nice addition to the squad, especially if they were surnamed morrissey n nevin.. finally, it seems to be the modern trend for some clubs n teams not to incorporate width n wide play into their game. Its a vital ingredient to football and can often lead to a winning formula.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2017 01:49 by hong kong rover.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 08:31
Your right HKR to many boffin type complicating the game they have just fetched in another one in conjunction with a university (might be Bath) to put more complication into there tiny minds most of them have trouble finding the door on the way out .i like some others think they spend more time in the class room than on training ,get them back on the sand dunes where Kingy and company used to take them .football is not a complicated game ,well at least it wasn't but you only have to watch sky sports pundits analysing the game to see how it's being made complicated by the fear of losing especially in the PL

13 September, 2017 08:45
Its not a difficult game.... 11 men getting hold of the ball, moving it up the pitch, and then someone putting it in the net. We have the first 2 thirds sorted, its the final bit of possesion and finishing we are lacking.

You dont need computor assessement to show you that.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

13 September, 2017 23:17
Fair point, you don't.

However there are still clubs without the ability to have Prozone and other computer aids, that would crave it and be aware that if a rival club has such things, perhaps they need to as well, because these aids still have the potential to increase a teams potential and then if you miss out on the playoffs for example and some other team just makes it, do you believe you missed out because of one or two slip-ups in the season or a bit more bad refereeing, or do you wonder if just possibly they nobbled you, by using things seen as hi-tech solutions to getting improvement and your team either didn't or couldn't utilise a minor or significant amount of such things, especially when there would be no way to prove that hi-tech solutions played no part in them finishing above you, but it would seem logical to the team just missing out, that the hi-tech solutions could have been the difference, because as stated they couldn't prove they weren't.

Football has always been a results business just like any sport, but these days it's like never before; just ask Frank De Boer and there's more scrutiny of results and impatience from fans and even if you were in a league where most teams got 25-30 fans, watching a bunch of players paying £5 for a starting place, maybe even that level playing field would seem less level to some people, who might think their £55 a week team should walk that "godforsaken" league, so they can play against people who get 45-50 fans a week and then the promotion would allow you to cherry pick the best players from lower divisions, because you can make them pay £3 a game not £5.

So perhaps even clubs at that level are not immune from being scrutinised compared, to 30 years ago and now with the internet it's even easier to lambast some manager, because that clubs 18 home fans or 18,000 home fans however many they've got, object to getting 1-2 points from the first 4 games as opposed to 10-12.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

15 September, 2017 16:31
Brabin had lost the good will of many supporters .Mellon has more capital because his CV includes significant achievements.But that will not sustain many more aimless performances

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

15 September, 2017 19:17
Past success is no guarantee to save a managers job .its the here and now that decides ,it's a must have success now world .especially relagation which can cost a club millions failure is not an option

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

15 September, 2017 20:13
Incidentally Brabin is now a first team scout at Sunderland. Ruled himself out of the Chester job to stay there.

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

16 September, 2017 01:03
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Incidentally Brabin is now a first team scout at Sunderland. Ruled himself out of the Chester job to stay there.

Just guess this is because better salary, less risk of failure?

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

16 September, 2017 06:11
Brabin was sh7te, he had a better team than this and was equally as poor, we'd be rock bottom with him at the helm.

aktrfc
aktrfc (IP Logged)

16 September, 2017 06:36
Would MM still be here if he wasn't an ex player? There are not many clubs that would put up with this sort of form. We have had to put up with pure rubbish for over 4 years now. This isn't a new issue, it's been here a long time.

rossb07
rossb07 (IP Logged)

16 September, 2017 06:55
Quote:
aktrfc
Would MM still be here if he wasn't an ex player? There are not many clubs that would put up with this sort of form. We have had to put up with pure rubbish for over 4 years now. This isn't a new issue, it's been here a long time.

You can't count the 1st half of this year in those 4 years surely?

I think if he wasn't an ex player then maybe not but we have seen some good times with MM also so i believe that is also helping him, not to mention that he does know how to get out of this league (albeit with a little financial help) and that should count for something at the very least.

The fact he is an ex player and genuinely wants the best for the club is good enough for me, unless his position becomes untenable that is, which it isn't just yet.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

16 September, 2017 07:15
Brabin had no chance; you're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't. Even after our fantastic start to last season there were people waiting (and perhaps wanting) for a fall with their knives out. It didn't help him that he wasn't, incestuously, one of our own. It's pure speculation that we'd be any worse off at this moment in time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/09/2017 12:16 by Phil65.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

16 September, 2017 11:20
In fairness even when we were winning at the start of last season many could see that things were not right.I do however agree that too often with both player recruitment and with managers there is a tendency to look at those with past connections. It is too small a gene pool to expect to find the best

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

16 September, 2017 13:50
Quote:
Phil65
Brabin had no chance; you're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't. Even after our fantastic start to last season there were people waiting (and perhaps wanting) for a fall with their knives out. It didn't help him that he wasn't, incestuously, one of our own. It's pure speculation that we'd be any worse off at this moment in time.

Id have brabin to do our transfer business for sure... he could spot a player just not motivate him

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

16 September, 2017 15:01
I still think Brabins side would of come good, he was building something. Connor, Cook and Tollitt were the last pieces of his jigsaw. Once they started firing we'd of done ok imo.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

16 September, 2017 18:39
Quote:
the kav
Quote:
Phil65

Id have brabin to do our transfer business for sure... he could spot a player just not motivate him

+1. I thought he recruited well but too often struggled to get the best out of them as a unit.

Su- y- army
Su- y- army (IP Logged)

23 September, 2017 20:51
brabin got SACKED for being BETTER than this

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

23 September, 2017 20:56
Give Brabin the job back, (this is how bad we've got)

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

23 September, 2017 21:31
Quote:
Su- y- army

What his total number of combined points in his entire tenure versus Mellon's.

On a comparison of this season's start versus last season's then Brabin would look a bit better, but on total points achieved I don't think he would.

That's not a criticism of you nor an endorsement of either person, just an observation smiling smiley.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

23 September, 2017 22:54
Does anyone really give a flying @#$%& right now?

We are up she*t creak, without a paddle!

Su- y- army
Su- y- army (IP Logged)

24 September, 2017 07:32
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
Su- y- army

What his total number of combined points in his entire tenure versus Mellon's.

On a comparison of this season's start versus last season's then Brabin would look a bit better, but on total points achieved I don't think he would.

That's not a criticism of you nor an endorsement of either person, just an observation smiling smiley.
BRABIN had 19 points for 11 games played and got sacked .

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

24 September, 2017 19:31
That was not my point, I'm talking about how many points Brabin got in total from day 1 versus Mellon.

Based on the start Brabin had last season versus Mellon this season, he could look better, but compare Mellon over the last 11 months of fixtures and Brabin over roughly 11 months of fixtures I think Mellon would still have more points, because all his points last season coupled with those so far, I think would edge him ahead of Brabin in the same comparison.

Also I think Brabin got 15 points from his first 5 games and 5 from his next 5, so that would be 20 points from 10.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net