football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
Gilbert's Fridge (IP Logged)

Radio Merseyside
11 August, 2017 19:43
Apparently Radio Merseyside aren't covering any of our games this season. Very poor if you ask me.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

Re: Radio Merseyside
11 August, 2017 19:56
@#$%& 'em. Wirral radio covers every game.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

12 August, 2017 07:47
All games on 92.1 fm wirral radio as you say, good commentary & match build to a game

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2017 09:22 by trfc-boi.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

12 August, 2017 07:59
Simple just dont listen to radio merseyside! I will suffer not listening to snelly on my way to work for the cause.

14 August, 2017 17:26
Not bothered at all, I think Wirral Radio do a fantastic job of the commentary, and use ex players like Higgy as well who is prone to the odd profanity malfunction! Phil wilkinson is a Rovers fan through and through, an excellent commentator and sadly I don't think will be at Wirral too much longer.

mrjonboy
mrjonboy (IP Logged)

14 August, 2017 17:36
I think Paul Harper does great commentary on the official tranmere Mixlr site. Full commentary of all matches.

MESSAGES->author
acc928 (IP Logged)

14 August, 2017 19:24
I dont listen to Merseyside now or buy the Liverpool Echo due to lack of Tranmere news...

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 07:13
Wirral radio do a fine job covering rovers games.. bollox to radio merseyside.

Bolton Rover
Bolton Rover (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 07:33
They don't report on Tranmere. They don't even mention Tranmere. They shouldn't be called Radio Merseyside because they don't represent this side of the river at all.

Worth mentioning that Radio Manchester has excellent coverage of all the local clubs like Rochdale, Bury and Macclesfield even when the big two are playing. Radio Merseyside have simply decided we don't matter any more.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 09:11
I dread to think of the future, I'm a Tranmere fan always have been but when you look at the advert for Sky Sports on the telly we're it shows thousands of not millions of butterflies flying out of stadium's be it Man City , Liverpool and Arsenal etc all this to promote the Premiereship.

When I was about eight I started watching Tranmere because they are(at the time we're) my local club, myself at the time could have gone to watch the Reds or the Blues but I stayed local they are my team.

But we are up against high profile Advertising just like there selling soap powder or a new car now our local radio have pulled the carpet from under our feet,if we ever get to the Promised Land I'd tell Merseyside we're they could stick their microphones.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 15/08/2017 09:25 by BELMONT.

Kenny_Crons
Kenny_Crons (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 09:14
But is it not evidence that we are listening to Wirral FM more and Merseyside's viewing figures are down?

No excuse for no reporting on us but I can understand why they might have stopped the commentary.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 17:31
The bbc are a public service not a commercial station i wonder what the charter says about this? If they try to argue there is no interest i would argue there are more tranmere followers then that of folkscene for example. Even my favorite sport rl is covered intensively with widnes games being covered consistantly, their gates are lower then ours however they are massively inflated as the likes of wire saints and wigan taking 4-5000 away to naughton park

Viking Tranmere
Viking Tranmere (IP Logged)

15 August, 2017 18:00
Wirral FM loud and clear in Oslo!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net