football
Latest News:

dicko111
dicko111 (IP Logged)

Goalkeepers
09 August, 2017 08:44
Torquays man of the match was there goalkeeper
Woking made there goalkeeper man of the match

All we need is a poor goalkeeper for the opposition before we post a rugby score

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

Re: Goalkeepers
09 August, 2017 08:54
Didnt see torquays but wokings lad was superb, topped only by their centre halfs tackle to deny dunn in the first half... mooreesque, if a premier league played had done that the bbc would be showing it for weeks

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

09 August, 2017 09:21
Quote:
the kav
Didnt see torquays but wokings lad was superb, topped only by their centre halfs tackle to deny dunn in the first half... mooreesque, if a premier league played had done that the bbc would be showing it for weeks

Are we talking bobby or ronnie, kav?

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

09 August, 2017 09:52
I remember ronnie as sweeper hkr, deffo bobby, i would have played patrick moore at sweeper before ronnie moore !!!

Yozzer, yozzer, yozzer

MESSAGES->author

09 August, 2017 11:19
Quote:
the kav
I remember ronnie as sweeper hkr, deffo bobby, i would have played patrick moore at sweeper before ronnie moore !!!
Yozzer, yozzer, yozzer

lol nice one kav, yes bobby moore probably the finest footballer England has ever produced, if not he is deffo in the top 2 or 3. talking about that era , I was recently reading an article about legendary west german striker gerd muller and didn't realise how outstandingly phenomenal his scoring record was.. he played 453 games for Bayern munich and scored 398 goals and he played 62 times for the full west german team, netting 68 times. that is some feat and he would probably have to be the greatest striker ever in and around the 6 yard box. I can remember him a little from the 1974 world cup.

MESSAGES->author

09 August, 2017 12:49
quiz.. who can name 3 players who were capped by east Germany and also capped by the unified german team after 1990?

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

09 August, 2017 13:19
Quote:
hong kong rover
quiz.. who can name 3 players who were capped by east Germany and also capped by the unified german team after 1990?

I can guess two -Matthias Sammer and Thomas Doll

MESSAGES->author

09 August, 2017 13:25
spot on hoots well done, that's 2 of them

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

09 August, 2017 13:33
The goalie with the silly mullet....

MESSAGES->author

09 August, 2017 13:52
Quote:
the kav
The goalie with the silly mullet....

not sure about that one kav, anyway getting back on topic with this seasons NL keepers I was quite impressed with the keeper that wrexhan had last season jalal. thought he was superb last season in the game for wrexham at daggers, ok he let in 3 goals but that wasn't his fault and he made some superb saves to keep the score down, could have been 6 or 7 for daggers, I think jalal has gone to macc

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net