football
Latest News:

jonesy792
jonesy792 (IP Logged)

Nanu Owusu
17 July, 2017 13:28
Anyone know MM's intent on whether we're signing him ?

Been impresssed by him from what I've seen and could see him being utilised effectively as a RWB if we want to play that system

Hopefully it was only a knock when he came off at Lairds

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

Re: Nanu Owusu
18 July, 2017 05:26
Will have have to wait and see unfortunately about ten days which could mean that he may trial some where else by then

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

18 July, 2017 21:43
I doubt that if he's injured. Who would want to trial someone with an injury, it would be a waste of time as he wouldn't be able to play for that team, or train effectively and someone limping with potentially a 20% pass completion rate if that, would make no rela impression at all, so all another team could do is impress him with the lively team spirit and managerial support he'd get coupled with the supposedly great stadium and facilities he'd play and train in.

However if you want a lively team spirit and managerial support, then you'll probably get a lot of that at Tranmere and you'd get a championship quality training facility and home pitch, so I don't think he'd want to risk a chance of that for a club with a 10,000 or less full or partial seater stadium and training facilities between 50% - 80% as good as Tranmere's, as that is a good description of pretty much all the NL clubs, league 2 clubs and most of the league 1 and SPL clubs, as most clubs even in league one and SPL couldn't exceed the all-seater size and probably quality of training facilities Tranmre have and would he risk missing out just to go to such a club, even if he could get another £200 a week, because then he would have to consider projected earnings over the next 3-4 years with Tranmere, assuming at least one promotion and that he could establish himself, versus some other situation.

In general the only injured players that end up at a club are ones believed to offer top quality at your level, when you help them recover, which you think you could and then they would offer said quality.

Even one or two premier league clubs have signed crocked players, believing the number of weeks remaining rehab needed, would lead to them eventually by the second or third month of the season, having a player more than justifying the weekly wage and if signed for cash the transfer fee.

I think it's possible Micky Mellon could have said to Owusu recently, I think you need one more friendly and 2-3 more training sessions after you recover, but right now I'm 90% of the way towards talking about a deal.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark (IP Logged)

19 July, 2017 09:37
It's not uncommon for clubs to allow players to train with them even if they're not interested in signing them. The marginal cost of an extra player is minimal, and it can help to have someone who is trying to impress adding to the training sessions.

If he is out of contract he can be signed by any club at any time, irrespective of transfer windows. So allowing him to get himself fit here, and then taking a look in some behind-closed-doors friendlies during the season won't be a bad option. If he goes elsewhere, or isn't good enough, it's not really cost us anything, but would at least get him saying good things about the club to his new team-mates which might have a benefit further down the line.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

19 July, 2017 21:17
Perhaps yes, but if he was with the club during an injury period, then another club almost certainly wouldn't want to have a look at him, if he couldn't train properly, as you can't assess someone properly who's performing at potentially not even 80% of his own ability.

jonesy792
jonesy792 (IP Logged)

20 July, 2017 13:28
In recent Palios interview , he said there's still one more major addition to the squad, which I think will be a centre back. But Owusu would be another good addition.

gazza102
gazza102 (IP Logged)

29 July, 2017 15:15
See on a number of threads that we signed him early in July.

[www.soccerbase.com]

also on the sky sports website:

[www.skysports.com]

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

29 July, 2017 21:43
According to Sky sports it looks like Tranmere have signed Andy Robinson's shadow (Sm7).

If Owusu has signed it seems strange there was no announcement about it, or not one I can recollect.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

30 July, 2017 09:51
Quote:
Matt34
According to Sky sports it looks like Tranmere have signed Andy Robinson's shadow (Sm7).
If Owusu has signed it seems strange there was no announcement about it, or not one I can recollect.

All latest signings that we know about are listed on the OS. Owusu isn't.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

30 July, 2017 10:53
He is on trial as far as we know and his injury has prevented us from making a firm decision over whether or not to sign him.

I'm pretty sure if he's any good Micky will give him another chance to win a contract once he recovers?

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

30 July, 2017 10:56
Quote:
pez
He is on trial as far as we know and his injury has prevented us from making a firm decision over whether or not to sign him.
I'm pretty sure if he's any good Micky will give him another chance to win a contract once he recovers?

True enough

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

30 July, 2017 13:07
There've not exactly been many games for him to impress in

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net