Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

24 minutes
15 July, 2017 15:32
Eight nil

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

Re: 24 minutes
15 July, 2017 15:38
I see converting chances as our downside again this season. Mellon out!

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

15 July, 2017 15:41
We've declared for the last twenty minutes

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

15 July, 2017 15:44
More impressively, we scored a bloody penalty!!!!!

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

15 July, 2017 15:49
Alabi's got five. I assume we'll see a different line up for the second half.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

15 July, 2017 15:55
Just my bloody luck i chose to sort the garden out

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

15 July, 2017 16:05
Totally different eleven for second half

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

15 July, 2017 16:50
Finished eleven nil. Nine at half time[Alabi 5,Sutton,Harris,Rokka,Cook.Two in second half from Dawson and Mangan. I wasn't there-just went by TR twitter

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

15 July, 2017 17:07
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Finished eleven nil. Nine at half time[Alabi 5,Sutton,Harris,Rokka,Cook.Two in second half from Dawson and Mangan. I wasn't there-just went by TR twitter
I was. At least half of second half played with 10 men due to Owusu injury and still scored 2. Alabi certainly looks to be promising , well impressed with his holdup play and finishing but need to see him against proper opposition. However, i dont think a Brabin team would have scored 11 against them. Hope someone videoed the goals.

MESSAGES->author
Gilbert's Fridge (IP Logged)

15 July, 2017 17:31
Last season, Cammell Laird conceded 140 goals in their league with a goal difference of minus 100!! Seems things haven't changed.

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

15 July, 2017 18:13
Eddie Clark stood out in the 2nd half! Liam Ridehalgh beware!

Su- y- army
Su- y- army (IP Logged)

15 July, 2017 19:21
Thought Dawson had left for Salford City?

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

15 July, 2017 19:28
Did not go, but when was the last time we stuck 11 past anyone in pre season, hasn't happened for ages, Liverpool never stuck 11 past us. Can't be all bad

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

15 July, 2017 19:37
When has anyone been 8 up after 30 min?

Su- y- army
Su- y- army (IP Logged)

15 July, 2017 20:21
Also let's not forget the clean sheet from our 2 keepers

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

15 July, 2017 21:10
Quote:
the kav
When has anyone been 8 up after 30 min?

24 minutes according to Tranmere twitter hence the title of the thread.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

15 July, 2017 21:40
Tranmere scored 6 in 20 mins against oldham in the 13-4 win and were 8-1 at half time.

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

15 July, 2017 22:15
Cook and Alabi played together for 45 minutes which cook and Stockton were essentially kept apart.Could be the starting of a good partnership as Alabi tweeted it was good to play with cook as Cookie held the ball up for him

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

15 July, 2017 22:58
Quote:
bheadlad
Cook and Alabi played together for 45 minutes which cook and Stockton were essentially kept apart.Could be the starting of a good partnership as Alabi tweeted it was good to play with cook as Cookie held the ball up for him

You can only beat what's put in front of you,but it was only Cammell Lairds

Temple Road
Temple Road (IP Logged)

16 July, 2017 00:00
Alibi and Cook were magic today played like old mates great to watch.Connor and Jay great combination never stopped chasing down the opposition. Defence kept tight and played the ball around well big Mac in charge and they all knew it.Rocca scored a great goal hit on the volley and looked very dangerous on the ball. it will be nice to see the video of the first half goals their was camera man in the stand. Cammell Lairds not the best of opposition in the first half but Tranny played really well today. Left back Clark defo one for the future.

Keep the Faith

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

16 July, 2017 00:35
Quote:
Temple Road
Alibi and Cook were magic today played like old mates great to watch.Connor and Jay great combination never stopped chasing down the opposition. Defence kept tight and played the ball around well big Mac in charge and they all knew it.Rocca scored a great goal hit on the volley and looked very dangerous on the ball. it will be nice to see the video of the first half goals their was camera man in the stand. Cammell Lairds not the best of opposition in the first half but Tranny played really well today. Left back Clark defo one for the future.
Keep the Faith
Yes you can only play whats in front of you but this sounds really promising.

jimrod
jimrod (IP Logged)

16 July, 2017 12:18
Like others on this post I thought that Cook and Alabi linked well. In fact Alabi slotted in seamlessly and helped uplift the performance. I think Norwood might be the one sidelined in future games, although sterner tests are yet to come. I also was impressed with the work rate of Connor Jennings, Jay Harris and Eliot Rokka.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

16 July, 2017 13:34
Deleted to not offend Norwood's biggest fan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/07/2017 21:59 by 853OKG.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

16 July, 2017 14:40
The 11 goals can be viewed on the official club website. The clip is just under 4 mins but the camera position is poor
Can see the goals though but not up close.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

16 July, 2017 15:06
The result is pretty meaningless and only serves as a reminder that games like this are fine for getting players fit and helping a local club but they tell you absolutely nothing about the prospects for the year ahead or even the merits of individual players

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

16 July, 2017 16:21
Deleted to not offend Norwood's biggest fan

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 16/07/2017 21:57 by 853OKG.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

16 July, 2017 18:34
Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
DevonExile
The result is pretty meaningless and only serves as a reminder that games like this are fine for getting players fit and helping a local club but they tell you absolutely nothing about the prospects for the year ahead or even the merits of individual players

I guess you were not there. Watching Alabi did give me a clue as to his potential. Norwood would not have scored the goals the way he did Also, some of the team passing and movement first half was first class. Still, we will see more of any potential over next two weeks.

Nobody would have scored the goals the way that Alabi did because everybody is different. To have a sly dig at another player is pretty cheap.At the end of the day I agree with Devon Exile but scoring that many goals is obviously good for confidence but that's all.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

16 July, 2017 21:15
Deleted tonot offend Norwood's biggest fan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/07/2017 21:55 by 853OKG.

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

17 July, 2017 13:53
did dawson play in this friendly?

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

17 July, 2017 14:00
Yes, and scored

Viking Tranmere
Viking Tranmere (IP Logged)

17 July, 2017 18:38
We simply can't afford all those Norwood misses again next season. With Cook, Alabi and Connor we do not have to. Maybe as supersub.
Also hope that Dawson gets a good look in next season, he should have well-recovered from that injury/op he had over a year ago.
This looks like a very strong Tranmere Rovers side that Micky has put together and the bookies fully justified making us clear favorites.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

17 July, 2017 19:08
Quote:
Viking Tranmere
We simply can't afford all those Norwood misses again next season. With Cook, Alabi and Connor we do not have to. Maybe as supersub.
Also hope that Dawson gets a good look in next season, he should have well-recovered from that injury/op he had over a year ago.
This looks like a very strong Tranmere Rovers side that Micky has put together and the bookies fully justified making us clear favorites.

Bonkers-but you do make me laugh.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

18 July, 2017 19:19
Quote:
Viking Tranmere
It is very odd to see Dawson as having more to offer than Norwood. The latter brings pace and movement to the side and his career record in terms of goals is very good. Dawson has had problems everywhere he has been and not just with injuries.Salford did not want him but if they had I am sure that MM would have been delighted to have got him off the paybill. Against Maidstone last year he was the weakest player on the field in a team of rookies and his attitude looked wrong. In contrast, Norwood gives a 100%. Yes he misses chances but his importance to the team is weighed by more than his goals. A debate about the relative value of Tollit and Norwood as wide players has a semblance of merit but Dawson and Norwood, oh dear!

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

18 July, 2017 22:55
Sometimes a measure of a forwards relevance to a team is not purely on how many he scores, but also how many he sets up or helps to create by being part of a scoring move.

Attitude plays a big part in any sport and if you have the right attitude you're part way there,

Norwood has criticised his own scoring form in the past, but he historically has never been playing as an out and out front man anyway, so attempting to adjust your game to blend in qualities more in keeping with such a player, can be tricky based on the training regime, quality of coaching and managerial matchday system as some players adapt better to becoming a more flexible player and some will only ever work best in one position and one position alone.

Gareth Bale proved that he could adjust to being a more attacking player not just a full back, but had he been nudged towards remaining a full back he might have been plying his trade for a club the premier league bottom six last season, not a club arguably in the worlds top 10 clubs, though the former scenario wouldn't be too bad a reflection on anyone, as such clubs have terrific players by and large.

However if goals are coming from all sources then if Norwood sets up, helps to create and bags a reasonable amount for himself, then he need not be under pressure to act like an out and out player anyway, as it's arguable he didn't start his career as one and won't finish it as one either.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net