football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
sparky100 (IP Logged)

O/T Scarborough
15 July, 2017 13:43
With not much going on at the moment I thought I would mention a nice story on the BBC Sport Website. Scarborough Athletic FC formed in 2007 after the collapse of Scarborough FC are playing there first game at home in ten years against a Sheffield United eleven. A new stadium has been built and a crowd of 2000 expected. The club is owned by 350 loyal supporters with no big investor backing them and who have been building towards this over the last decade, hence the importance of getting back in town to generate money through the turnstiles. It goes to show what a loyal fan base can do! Good luck to them.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: O/T Scarborough
15 July, 2017 14:06
Yes well done to them.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

15 July, 2017 15:01
Any1 remember a game there in the rain and stewards took umbrellas off us till after the game !

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

15 July, 2017 15:15
I used to hate them in division 4 .... horrible spoiling team...... hoof,hoof, bloody hoof

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

15 July, 2017 17:20
Quote:
the kav
I used to hate them in division 4 .... horrible spoiling team...... hoof,hoof, bloody hoof

This more like AFC Wimbledon rather than MK Dons . not the same club.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

15 July, 2017 17:47
I remember us beating them 4-2 in the FA Cup 1st round the Saturday before we were due to play our ''last league game'' against Hereford in the dark dark days of 1982. Lots of people were in tears as the players left the pitch at the end.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/07/2017 17:51 by Hoots Mon.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

15 July, 2017 18:01
I think that game saved us I remember being very emotional that day

MESSAGES->author

15 July, 2017 18:33
Quote:
Hoots Mon
I remember us beating them 4-2 in the FA Cup 1st round the Saturday before we were due to play our ''last league game'' against Hereford in the dark dark days of 1982. Lots of people were in tears as the players left the pitch at the end.

Good shout hoots, I cant quite remember the scarborough fa cup game but remember being at the hereford match..pretty sure that was the season when we had telford utd in the next round of the fa cup..they were dark dark days.. ive said this before on the forum a few times but dont mind saying it again, that bryan hamilton is an absolute rovers legend. Not a penny to spend and god knows how he managed to keep that threadbare team together. He is right up there with kingy as the greatest manager rovers have ever had.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

15 July, 2017 21:06
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Hoots Mon

Good shout hoots, I cant quite remember the scarborough fa cup game but remember being at the hereford match..pretty sure that was the season when we had telford utd in the next round of the fa cup..they were dark dark days.. ive said this before on the forum a few times but dont mind saying it again, that bryan hamilton is an absolute rovers legend. Not a penny to spend and god knows how he managed to keep that threadbare team together. He is right up there with kingy as the greatest manager rovers have ever had.

I was upset at the end of the Scarborough game because I knew I couldn't come to the Hereford match because of work commitments and I thought that basically that was that...

MESSAGES->author

16 July, 2017 13:02
Hi hoots, I had a look thru my 'tranmere rovers the complete record' book for that 82/83 season. After defeating scarborough in the first round it was telford in 2nd round . I remember the replay vs telford at prenton when they gave us a really good game and we managed to scrape thru to the 3rd round. And this is what I had completely forgotten about , we had wolves at home in the 3rd round with over 10,000 inside prenton. We had been surviving off gates around the 2,000 mark and all of a sudden 10,000 were in the ground.. I was at the wolves game but my only recollection of it was that wolves won and rovers put up a good fight but most of all I just remember everyone was stunned that we had a gate of 10,000, thanks to wolves of course.. can u remember anything about the wolves game? I had completely forgotten about it until I looked thru my book.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

16 July, 2017 14:31
Think Richards scored for them ?didn't we play Chelsea the season2

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

16 July, 2017 18:26
Quote:
hong kong rover
Hi hoots, I had a look thru my 'tranmere rovers the complete record' book for that 82/83 season. After defeating scarborough in the first round it was telford in 2nd round . I remember the replay vs telford at prenton when they gave us a really good game and we managed to scrape thru to the 3rd round. And this is what I had completely forgotten about , we had wolves at home in the 3rd round with over 10,000 inside prenton. We had been surviving off gates around the 2,000 mark and all of a sudden 10,000 were in the ground.. I was at the wolves game but my only recollection of it was that wolves won and rovers put up a good fight but most of all I just remember everyone was stunned that we had a gate of 10,000, thanks to wolves of course.. can u remember anything about the wolves game? I had completely forgotten about it until I looked thru my book.

Other than that we lost 1-0,no.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net