football
Latest News:

jimrod
jimrod (IP Logged)

Organisation or lack thereof
13 July, 2017 16:40
I enjoyed the match last night,despite the result. It was a great sight to see a full Prenton Park, although so many were there supporting the Reds. I would welcome many more nights like this, but I think that may be well in the future. It was rather depressing to see the lengths of the queues on arrival. We arrived at about 7 and I think it was only the decent weather and the general good humour of fans that prevented rumblings of discontent.
We booked our seats well in advance, being told that our normal season tickets in the Town End of the stand had been sold. We accepted that, given the occasion and sat a few seats along our normal row with our numbered tickets. The first thing that greeted us was a pile of what looked like the droppings of a pigeon with toilet problems. On approaching the steward, a lad in his teens at the top of the stairs, and explaining the problem, he told us, "You can sit anywhere; it's unreserved seating". Why then are the tickets numbered; why couldn't we have our normal seats; what do we do when someone turns up and demand their seats that we are sitting on. The solution, taken by a senior steward is to hand us soggy kitchen roll so we can clean the seat. Would this have happened in the Directors' Box? My wife cleaned the seat to avoid any unpleasantness, but we actually paid to come and see a match. Once settled, we watched people arriving with tickets in hand as if they were in an orienteering challenge, trying to find out where their seat was or wondering why someone else was sitting on it. The first challenge for new visitors was wondering why only a small percentage of seats actually had a number on them. Even 15 minutes after kick-off, it was like watching the lost tribes of Israel standing aimlessly on the staircases, looking bewildered and blocking the view of those near the stairs. I'm not a serial complainer, but I think there are points here which ought to be addressed and rectified, particularly seats and numbered tickets.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

Re: Organisation or lack thereof
13 July, 2017 17:24
I think you need to put it into context tbh 🤦🏻‍♂️

Kenny_Crons
Kenny_Crons (IP Logged)

13 July, 2017 17:28
I have lost count of the times in big games that people have sat wherever they wanted in an all ticket match, creating a chaotic situation which happened last year in the Liverpool game.

Unreserved seating is a sensible idea but maybe the club should have said in advance that this was the plan.

And by the way, whenever you go to an away game and you have a seat number, that never works out.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

13 July, 2017 17:46
It was bad, luckily I was on my tod so sat inbetween two people who were saving the seat for a mate in the queue.

Not being ageist, but the stewards were too young and inexperienced in the town end. At one point a lad went down to "try and sort it" and I just watched him stay down there with another lad saying they were keeping their heads down.

One of them though, saw some people get put in VIP because they were stuck to their credit.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

13 July, 2017 17:46
Question, did you get a seat ? Answer yes 🙏🏻

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

13 July, 2017 18:23
To save any problems just say unreserved in games like that.no hassles then.seen fisticuffs at southport over numbered tickets in stand.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

13 July, 2017 20:20
It's a game of football not a business class flight to Dubai.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

13 July, 2017 21:16
If seating is unreserved I think the authorities reduce the capacity.

It's not too much to expect that an all seater stadium has numbers on the seats and that people can turn up, get to their seats and not have to then sit on bird crap. Even Easyjet can provide that, never mind business class to Dubai!

14 July, 2017 11:02
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
If seating is unreserved I think the authorities reduce the capacity.
It's not too much to expect that an all seater stadium has numbers on the seats and that people can turn up, get to their seats and not have to then sit on bird crap. Even Easyjet can provide that, never mind business class to Dubai!

I thought that this nonsense only happened in Africa. I refuse to pay for a specific seat and then be forced to sit on stairs or on seats with inferior views. The organisation of these games has to be improved, particularly considering the good money people are spending.

roger mellie
roger mellie (IP Logged)

15 July, 2017 09:40
The owners are continually striving for improvement. I am sure that if you message them with your positive criticism that steps will be taken to prevent a reoccurrence.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net