football
Latest News:
 

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Eastleighs playing surface
10 July, 2017 16:54
See that AFC Wimbledon pulled out of a pre season friendly at Eastleigh. Said that they were unhappy with the state of their pitch. Eastleigh have stated that their newly laid surface is up to standard.. Rovers go there 2 weeks into the new season.

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Eastleighs playing surface
10 July, 2017 17:07
In other news, lincoln have signed jordan maguire-drew on a season long loan from brighton. Wouldnt mind him at prenton for a year. He did really well on loan at daggers last season.

 
mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

Re: Eastleighs playing surface
10 July, 2017 17:46
Talking of playing surfaces, I was at an event, being held at a team in the league below ours (hungerford town). The pitch was in an right state. I wouldn't have let my under 7s team play on it, let alone a professional team.

I was talking to one of the directors, and I had to bring it up. He said it had all gone a bit wrong, but they were hoping it would settle before the season. Their was more chance of lava coming out of some of it then it settling!!

To think, we might have to play on that in the FA trophy of FA cup.

 
TimmySoft
TimmySoft (IP Logged)

Re: Eastleighs playing surface
10 July, 2017 19:22
I thought it looked pretty shoddy last season!

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Eastleighs playing surface
10 July, 2017 20:59
Quote:
hong kong rover
See that AFC Wimbledon pulled out of a pre season friendly at Eastleigh. Said that they were unhappy with the state of their pitch. Eastleigh have stated that their newly laid surface is up to standard.. Rovers go there 2 weeks into the new season.


The pitch has been horrendous both times that we have played there[particularly last season].

 
Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

Re: Eastleighs playing surface
10 July, 2017 21:19
There are some fairly poor pitches in the N, Eastleigh, Woking and Braintree come to mind. Having said that there are also the plastic 3G pitches at Sutton, Maidstone, and Bromley. I did read somewhere that Boreham were installing a Desso pitch.

 
Koppette
Koppette (IP Logged)

Re: Eastleighs playing surface
10 July, 2017 21:24
Quote:
Cybertron
There are some fairly poor pitches in the N, Eastleigh, Woking and Braintree come to mind. Having said that there are also the plastic 3G pitches at Sutton, Maidstone, and Bromley. I did read somewhere that Boreham were installing a Desso pitch.

That should suit Jennings just fine. I heard his nickname is Desso Connor (Sorry, but hopefully those of a certain vintage will appreciate that one!)

 
MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

Re: Eastleighs playing surface
10 July, 2017 21:27
Quote:
Koppette
Quote:
Cybertron
There are some fairly poor pitches in the N, Eastleigh, Woking and Braintree come to mind. Having said that there are also the plastic 3G pitches at Sutton, Maidstone, and Bromley. I did read somewhere that Boreham were installing a Desso pitch.

That should suit Jennings just fine. I heard his nickname is Desso Connor (Sorry, but hopefully those of a certain vintage will appreciate that one!)

(Sm20)

 
Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

Re: Eastleighs playing surface
10 July, 2017 22:59
Careless hands sung by the an field kop when sprake thru the ball in his own net .who remembers that .would be good if on utube.

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Eastleighs playing surface
11 July, 2017 07:44
Quote:
mini_andy
Talking of playing surfaces, I was at an event, being held at a team in the league below ours (hungerford town). The pitch was in an right state. I wouldn't have let my under 7s team play on it, let alone a professional team.
I was talking to one of the directors, and I had to bring it up. He said it had all gone a bit wrong, but they were hoping it would settle before the season. Their was more chance of lava coming out of some of it then it settling!!

To think, we might have to play on that in the FA trophy of FA cup.

Lava lol. Nice one andy.

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Eastleighs playing surface
11 July, 2017 13:37
They've also now had to call off friendlies against Portsmouth and Newport because of the pitch.

 
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Eastleighs playing surface
11 July, 2017 14:54
Quote:
Hoots Mon
They've also now had to call off friendlies against Portsmouth and Newport because of the pitch.

Their pitch must be in a bit of a mess. Reckon they will lose some decent money on the pompey friendly. Not long till rovers are down in eastleigh.If u go down to the game at eastleigh hoots then let me know how bad It is cheers

 
trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

Re: Eastleighs playing surface
11 July, 2017 16:17
The pitch is uneven in places, not set, pics on Eastleigh fc Twitter from their fans, good preparation for them smiling smiley
They state National league & FA have approved the pitch, but few teams don't want to play on it, says a lot really.
No team wants injuries before season has started !

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Eastleighs playing surface
11 July, 2017 16:50
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Hoots Mon
They've also now had to call off friendlies against Portsmouth and Newport because of the pitch.

Their pitch must be in a bit of a mess. Reckon they will lose some decent money on the pompey friendly. Not long till rovers are down in eastleigh.If u go down to the game at eastleigh hoots then let me know how bad It is cheers


Unless the rail fare goes down somewhat,I won't be going. My first away game looks likely to be Guiseley[driving to an away match on a Tuesday!!].


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?