football
Latest News:

glos_white
glos_white (IP Logged)

Dale Jennings
14 June, 2017 20:24
Wonder what he is doing now? Released by MK Dons end 2016 I recall. Worth another try?

TimmySoft
TimmySoft (IP Logged)

Re: Dale Jennings
14 June, 2017 20:31
We could then change our name to Jennings Rovers.

He was pretty decent on FIFA15!

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 20:38
Too fat sadly

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 20:40
The last I heard of him was he had to try to lose some weight and get some fitness back. Once he'd sorted that he needed to get his head back in the game (fallen out of love with it).

Then clubs might look at him again.

A bit of a big ask by the looks of it. Such a waste. I would love it if we could save him!

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 21:05
No thank you, absolutely no way what so ever.

Johntyponty
Johntyponty (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 21:17
Have him back, he needs an arm round him

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 21:27
Quote:
Johntyponty
It's notma charity it's a football club,

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 21:31
Quote:
glos_white
Wonder what he is doing now? Released by MK Dons end 2016 I recall. Worth another try?

No,his own worst enemy his himself sadly.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 21:31
He was given the best of opportunities and he blew it!

Why would we want him back? He is unfit, overweight and can't be bothered.

Hardly a model professional.

Some day he will regret not trying hard enough and making the most of the opportunities and the faith people had shown in him.

Shocking waste of a talented youngster, but self inflicted IMO.

We can't afford to carry passengers, so for me, its a massive no thanks, don't care how good he used to be.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 21:35
If he was back to a good fitness level and had a positive attitude, then yes, he would be worth at least a trial but it would depend what kind of pay he wanted.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 22:00
Why when he has worked and failed to change with good managers would any club be arrogant enough to think that they could succeed where others have failed.Just because he once wore a Tranmere shirt is no argument for having him back.
We need solid signings not not fanciful punts

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 22:19
Wasn't les parry the only 1 who could get him on track . . . .so man utd best for him !

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 23:09
He's blown his career.Bayern Munich was a brilliant opportunity and he couldn't handle it.Barnsley and M K Dons have given him chances but again he failed. No thanks We've had enough of no hopers.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

15 June, 2017 00:07
I think he'd be worth a chance if he trialed and proved himself. Tranmere is a club that gave him a chance and maybe he could turn himself around at Tranmere. However If he couldn't even do it for Tranmere then he'd be virtually screwed as football goes.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Johntyponty
Johntyponty (IP Logged)

15 June, 2017 07:21
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
Johntyponty

Interesting connection, it feels like a charity donation on my part. I give money annually for a season ticket to a non profit making organisation.

He's a fixer upper. If we can get him fit and playing he's an asset to the club - either by winning us points and getting us out the league or by having a transfer value.

It's the same reason clubs kept signing Gazza - if you can get the odd flash of brilliance from him it's paid off.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

15 June, 2017 07:50
Quote:
Johntyponty
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
Johntyponty

Interesting connection, it feels like a charity donation on my part. I give money annually for a season ticket to a non profit making organisation.

He's a fixer upper. If we can get him fit and playing he's an asset to the club - either by winning us points and getting us out the league or by having a transfer value.

It's the same reason clubs kept signing Gazza - if you can get the odd flash of brilliance from him it's paid off.

He's a waster, not a fixer upper

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

15 June, 2017 18:18
If there's even a sniff of being unfit due to attitude I'd leave well alone.

TimmySoft
TimmySoft (IP Logged)

15 June, 2017 18:31
Dependent on wage demands, i'd say he's got to be worth a shot, sign him on a 3 month contract, with an option for a further 9 months, tell him he's got 3 months to prove his fitness and reach the subs bench.

I think Mickey works brilliantly with players like that, his no nonsense and somewhat blunt approach is not so much of an arm round the shoulder, more like a roundhouse kick to the face. You could see it in Norwood during the mid season, i think Mickey came in and told him to be better and he struggled with that, once it became clear that he wasn't going to get the cuddle he wanted from the manager, he started to get his act together and started working to being a better player.

I think that we're very lucky in that we have a very good ground, facilities that make a lot of championship clubs jealous and a superb core support, that strength and structure should be used for giving players that fail another chance. The misfits that fall from the football league tree can prove to be golden and in the long run we'd benefit from transfer fees, bigger squads and the fact that we'd have given a professional a chance to rebuild a career.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

15 June, 2017 20:07
Pie in the sky.He has failed to take numerous new opportunities. Let him play at the fifth sixth tier and prove that he has changed and then some club might want him. Football has its share of early promise wasters and very very few ever get back to a worthwhile level

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

15 June, 2017 23:50
Quote:
DevonExile
Football has its share of early promise wasters and very very few ever get back to a worthwhile level

Yet those that do, prove that others in the future might be worth a shot.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

ming05
ming05 (IP Logged)

21 June, 2017 12:08
Nah not for me, who would you drop to play him, and would be waste to just have him as squad player.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

21 June, 2017 15:07
well it would make televised commentary simple. Jennings to Jennings, with Jennings running through the middle. Jennings' pinpoint pass picked up by Jennings....

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

21 June, 2017 15:37
But do we know that Steve Jennings has been offered a contract?

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

21 June, 2017 17:41
Quote:
DevonExile
But do we know that Steve Jennings has been offered a contract?

hopefully, then lighthearted comments can be posted

SmartRover
SmartRover (IP Logged)

21 June, 2017 20:57
Steve Jennings has signed for Southport today, on their twitter feed, before all the negative comments on behalf of all true SWA I would like to thank Steve for his efforts whilst in a Rovers shirt, all the best mate and stay free of injuries.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

22 June, 2017 07:12
Quote:
853OKG
well it would make televised commentary simple. Jennings to Jennings, with Jennings running through the middle. Jennings' pinpoint pass picked up by Jennings....

Lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net