football
Latest News:

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

What have Rovers learnt from last season ?
14 June, 2017 11:03
Just throwing this out, what have Rovers learnt so we push on for the next season.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

Re: What have Rovers learnt from last season ?
14 June, 2017 11:48
95 points isn't enough to be automatically promoted

Stewsydney
Stewsydney (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 12:56
Hopefully learnt thar we cant go up just playing football need to learn to mix it with the bad boys

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 13:35
Defiantly agree !

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 13:56
Nothing if they just stick with Cook and Norwood ,they really need someone who puts himself about and can get goals .goals have been an issue since coming into the NL .they really need to toughen up to .get stuck in from day 1 .not a soft touch like the first season but still not tough enough for the NL

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 14:18
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Nothing if they just stick with Cook and Norwood ,they really need someone who puts himself about and can get goals .goals have been an issue since coming into the NL .they really need to toughen up to .get stuck in from day 1 .not a soft touch like the first season but still not tough enough for the NL

Despite winning more games than they ever have in a season and getting a lot more points than ever before.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 14:29
That if they get same points total it will more than likely be enough to win the league.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 14:34
That Gary Brabin isn't the manager for us

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 15:11
That the return on bringing back players that have previously played for the club may be mediocre.
Mangan definitely mediocre
Dawson Totally marginalised
Wallace.Overall impact modest because of a combination of fitness and injury issues that cannot be masked by a couple of reasonable games

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 15:55
To learn from last season's mistakes and to be ruthless in our quest for promotion.No playoffs this time !

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 17:28
That, if we're to win this league, we'll have to reproduce over a full season the same mentality, determination and level of tactical awareness that we showed in the last three months of the season. A big ask but we've got the talent and, if we can avoid a playoff hangover, no reason why we can't do it.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 18:22
Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover

Despite winning more games than they ever have in a season and getting a lot more points than ever before.
+1

coltran
coltran (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 19:09
We need to target 100 points to win the league.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 20:06
How not to play in a Play Off final.

TimmySoft
TimmySoft (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 20:30
I think its that we start slow, we get caught out too many times in the early stages of the half and at the latter stages too as the concentration drops. I do think that Iheikwe and Maynard were both the main culprits for that kind of play, don't get me wrong the amount of good they did far out weighed the bad!

When we came out in the first leg of the semi, we started fast and looked incredibly strong and hard to play against, if that mentality can be taken into every away game there really won't be any team that can live with us.

I'd also expect us to perform better against the bottom half of the table, turn a couple of those tight draws into wins and not leave the championship race to the last 5-6 games.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

14 June, 2017 21:07
Looking at the ins and out's not much! What should of been learnt is we need to take our chances and score bags of goals, everything else is ok.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

15 June, 2017 00:00
Tranmere learned that they needed to beat Lincoln just once to be champions. Everything else validated their champions credentials, so I doubt much needed to be learned.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Kenny_Crons
Kenny_Crons (IP Logged)

15 June, 2017 07:26
Dead right, Matt.

Everyone else is thinking about what they might be able to do.

We just need to repeat what we actually did and get the rub of the green in key moments.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

15 June, 2017 07:53
Quote:
Matt34
Tranmere learned that they needed to beat Lincoln just once to be champions. Everything else validated their champions credentials, so I doubt much needed to be learned.

I suggest that Lincoln would have won the league anyhow, they where the better side, I doubt theyd have lost/drawn the last game if points were needed. It wasn't even about beating Lincoln it was surrendering those leads. Had Micky been in charge from game 1 I think we'd have won it, the run of defeats leading to Homers demise cost us.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

15 June, 2017 11:15
You need to turn up when it matters and win the big games

pez
pez (IP Logged)

15 June, 2017 11:45
We need a penalty taker lol.

borowhite
borowhite (IP Logged)

15 June, 2017 13:51
Quote:
the kav
You need to turn up when it matters and win the big games

Bang on, we didn't get enough points off the other teams in the top five and that is what ultimately cost us.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net