football
Latest News:

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Late drama in last nights league 2 play offs
19 May, 2017 14:56
didn't watch either of the games last night as it was middle of the night here.. did anyone see the games last night? saw that Gnanduillet got one of blackpools goals.

MESSAGES->author
Gilbert's Fridge (IP Logged)

Re: Late drama in last nights league 2 play offs
19 May, 2017 16:42
Didn't watch it but as you say, a goal in each of the games being scored in the 95th minute!! Sounds exciting. In League 2, Luton who finished 4th knocked out.To be honest, I didn't even realised the first legs had been played in Leagues 1 & 2. Concentrating too much on our own play-offs. Also in one of the Championship play-offs, Huddersfield beat Sheff. Wed on penalties. They will face Reading in the final.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

19 May, 2017 19:16
I'd like to have seen Wednesday promoted, there a traditional top tier side in my mind.

Koppette
Koppette (IP Logged)

19 May, 2017 20:54
Interesting to note that you have to skip past Carlisle, Blackpool and Luton (all previously having played in the top flight) as well as Exeter in League 2 and ignore Fleetwood and Scunthorpe in League 1 before you reach a club that had a higher home leg attendance in their respective play offs than we did.

Only Bradford and Millwall outside of the Championship could beat our 10,241 against Aldershot. That's something to be really proud of and to be a part of and something to take forward into next season.

MESSAGES->author

20 May, 2017 15:04
some Bradford fan is sitting in my wembley seat, lol.

MESSAGES->author

20 May, 2017 16:00
Bradford the better team in the first half here. they could take control of this in the second half and put millwall in lots of trouble

MESSAGES->author

20 May, 2017 17:06
millwall win with a late goal that may have been ever so slightly offside. they came back into a bit in the 2nd half and dug deep at times but still think the better team lost.

MESSAGES->author

28 May, 2017 17:08
no late drama in league 2 play off final.. blackpool win in a close game.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

28 May, 2017 21:32
Good for them to be back in league 1, but I don't think a bit of success will quell the fans ire towards Oysten.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

28 May, 2017 22:24
I know a few Blackpool fans. They detest Oyston with a passion and have very mixed feelings about todays result.They refused to go to Wembley today.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

29 May, 2017 06:34
I went to the game.Classic example of a game of two halfs. In the first despite an early goal against Exeter dominated but in the second half Blackpool ere the better side. A pity as it could have been a double celebration for the city of Exeter after the Chiefs win.

If Wenger goes this week then Tisdale will be the longest serving manager in the league quite an achievement when you look at the turnover of managers in the lower leagues

Koppette
Koppette (IP Logged)

29 May, 2017 10:41
If Blackpool only had 5000 there yesterday then FGR's fans should be recounted from the other week because Blackpool's end looked quite full in comparison. Suggested new total for FGR; 1500!

MESSAGES->author

29 May, 2017 16:08
think ive just witnessed the miss of the season. what an absolute sitter for huddersfield early on. think they've been better than Reading so far and they looked good in first 20 mins. he has done well this wagner chap at huddersfield. they seem like a good fit attacking side but quite amazed that huddersfield finished the season on a -2 goal difference. how can u finish the season in 5th place with 81 pts and a negative goal diff?????

MESSAGES->author

29 May, 2017 17:42
penalties it is

MESSAGES->author

29 May, 2017 18:04
well done wagner and his team.. that huddersfield chairman looked like he had been through every emotion today.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

29 May, 2017 19:33
Yes.Well done to Huddersfield.Made up for them.

I was in our local M and S about six thirty when an ashen faced lady staff member asked me if I knew the final result. I said it went to penalties and she said she knew that but they all had to go to do the reductions before the penalties could be taken. I told her that Huddersfield had won and her ashen face turned to one of utter shock. I said''did you want Reading to win ?''.She said no,but she had to go and find another member of staff who is a big fan of Huddersfield. She came back a few minutes later saying that her colleague had ''just vanished-nobody could find him''

MESSAGES->author
Gilbert's Fridge (IP Logged)

30 May, 2017 09:19
It's interesting that the play-off was between Reading and Huddersfield. When we were promoted in the 1975-76 season from Div. 4 by finishing 4th, Reading were also promoted. We were battling to keep 4th place (no play-offs in them days!!) with Huddersfield. We played Huddersfield at home in April in front of over 8,000 fans and won 3-0 thanks to a Ronnie Moore hat-trick which virtually sealed promotion for us.

And guess who won Div. 4 that year? Yes, Lincoln!! Although we did draw at their ground and beat them at home ... pity we couldn't have done the same this year.

MESSAGES->author

30 May, 2017 10:14
Quote:
Gilbert's Fridge
It's interesting that the play-off was between Reading and Huddersfield. When we were promoted in the 1975-76 season from Div. 4 by finishing 4th, Reading were also promoted. We were battling to keep 4th place (no play-offs in them days!!) with Huddersfield. We played Huddersfield at home in April in front of over 8,000 fans and won 3-0 thanks to a Ronnie Moore hat-trick which virtually sealed promotion for us.
And guess who won Div. 4 that year? Yes, Lincoln!! Although we did draw at their ground and beat them at home ... pity we couldn't have done the same this year.

Yes and ronnie bagged 37 goals for us that season too.

MESSAGES->author

30 May, 2017 17:22
Quote:
DevonExile
I went to the game.Classic example of a game of two halfs. In the first despite an early goal against Exeter dominated but in the second half Blackpool ere the better side. A pity as it could have been a double celebration for the city of Exeter after the Chiefs win.
If Wenger goes this week then Tisdale will be the longest serving manager in the league quite an achievement when you look at the turnover of managers in the lower leagues

hi devon, did u make a weekend of it in London and watch both the rugby and footy or was it just the play off final on the sunday? Tisdale will remain the 2nd longest serving boss as arsene wenger has announced that he will continue on as gunners boss for at least another 2 years.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

30 May, 2017 20:33
It's said Wenger did that, but the board have denied the contract extension.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net