football
Latest News:
register rules help contact Image Map

Su- y- army
Su- y- army (IP Logged)

New signings?
19 May, 2017 13:02
Heard on the grapevine that we are going to be signing the ex fgr midfield duo Sam wedgbury and Marcus kelly after they were released by fgr this week .think this could be good if true lots of experience in this league

warren r
Wozza (IP Logged)

Re: New signings?
19 May, 2017 13:08
Quote:
Su- y- army
Heard on the grapevine that we are going to be signing the ex fgr midfield duo Sam wedgbury and Marcus kelly after they were released by fgr this week .think this could be good if true lots of experience in this league
did we sign wedgbury by phone

Su- y- army
Su- y- army (IP Logged)

19 May, 2017 13:19
Nnnnnnnyessssss lol

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

19 May, 2017 13:20
I'd sign anyone they let go, we need their physical attributes. I thought Wedgebury was very good against us. Good signing if true.

stairwaytoheaven
stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)

19 May, 2017 13:37
OMG I hope not, if there not good enough for league 2 with FGR then they aint good enough for us. We have better players at the club already, if all those that have been offered contracts sign then we don't need anyone.

Su- y- army
Su- y- army (IP Logged)

19 May, 2017 13:48
These 2 players have helped get FGR upto league 2

Temple Road
Temple Road (IP Logged)

19 May, 2017 13:50
If true it would be a good signing. I don,t think he would be short of clubs showing interest in him.I think he was only one of the two players of FGR who did not fall down with serious injuries during the game but I may be wrong it could be the false beard dipped in Veg Soup he wears during games.that prevented him rolling around the pitch with ex team mates.

Keep the Faith

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

19 May, 2017 13:56
Quote:
stairwaytoheaven
OMG I hope not, if there not good enough for league 2 with FGR then they aint good enough for us. We have better players at the club already, if all those that have been offered contracts sign then we don't need anyone.

We most definatley do need players, not many because I think we are set for "footballers" but we need extra steel in the side. It's the one thing we are missing, we are very weak physically. And we lack someone with the ability to lead from the front, lift the players and drag us forwards when the going is tough, the decisions are going against us and we are a goal down or two goals up and under the cosh. We've surrendered a few two nils because the other sides have that in the team we get over run in midfield and we try to "pack" the defence because the ball is constantly coming back from midfield. Harris is the closest we have to that in the side. Man UTDs success was built around, Keane, Scholes and Butt, they put in the long yards to allow the Beckhams, Cantonas, and Giggs' to play.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

19 May, 2017 13:58
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
stairwaytoheaven

We most definatley do need players, not many because I think we are set for "footballers" but we need extra steel in the side. It's the one thing we are missing, we are very weak physically. And we lack someone with the ability to lead from the front, lift the players and drag us forwards when the going is tough, the decisions are going against us and we are a goal down or two goals up and under the cosh. We've surrendered a few two nils because the other sides have that in the team we get over run in midfield and we try to "pack" the defence because the ball is constantly coming back from midfield. Harris is the closest we have to that in the side. Man UTDs success was built around, Keane, Scholes and Butt, they put in the long yards to allow the Beckhams, Cantonas, and Giggs' to play.

Yes, if we can get to 95 points without steel in the ranks....

stairwaytoheaven
stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)

19 May, 2017 14:15
Quote:
Su- y- army
These 2 players have helped get FGR upto league 2

And they finished 9 points behind us.
We have enough in the squad to succeed, but we will be looking for 100+ points, given the points we threw away last season that is very achievable.
If we lose Cole or Cook, Iki or Connor, if any of the injured players don't recover 100% then we will need additions to the squad, but I think Micky will wait to see what gets released from the championship clubs (youngsters) or until pre-season, he may even dip into the loan market.

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

19 May, 2017 14:18
Personally I am waiting to see who signs up as the rumours are saying we will lose strikers and then consider them as new signings..MM will probably have an idea though and have options available Not sure Wedgebury would be offered more than a year contract

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

19 May, 2017 14:23
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
stairwaytoheaven

Agree Higgos. The squad needs fine tuning not overhauling. If any signings bring a bit of bite and speed to the midfield options that can only be good for us as it is an area we don't have enough options.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

19 May, 2017 17:37
Quote:
Su- y- army
pie in the sky !

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

19 May, 2017 18:07
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
Su- y- army
pie in the sky !

That would be a Veggie Pie no doubt.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

19 May, 2017 23:19
Quote:
Higgosboots
I'd sign anyone they let go, we need their physical attributes. I thought Wedgebury was very good against us. Good signing if true.
If Noble is released and we sign him I'll hang up my SWA boots...

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

19 May, 2017 23:27
Micky will have signings planned Im sure. They will be the quality we need. I just hope they dont throw thmselves to the ground whenever the opposition threaten a attack.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

19 May, 2017 23:52
Quote:
Cybertron
Quote:
Higgosboots
If Noble is released and we sign him I'll hang up my SWA boots...

Yes, a misnomer if ever there was one, ignoble, maybe

20 May, 2017 10:29
Lets see how they perform when fed a diet of raw meat!!

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

20 May, 2017 11:31
We dont need a major overhaul just less injuries and matbe a fox in the box

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

20 May, 2017 12:24
pleased that Gumbs has signed....

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

20 May, 2017 15:33
Quote:
the kav
We dont need a major overhaul just less injuries and matbe a fox in the box

We have the core but we do need to improve the quality of midfield and defence.options however are restricted unless we can get rid of players like Almond,Dawson and Stephenson.I found it is disappointing that the retained list was so conservative. There could have been grounds for letting Maynard and Hughes gom just to give more scope to bring in new and experienced players

coltran
coltran (IP Logged)

20 May, 2017 17:45
I can understand the reasoning behind the desire to release, Dawson, Almond and Stephenson. However, spooling back to this time last year, many fans on this site were screaming for Vaughan and Ridealgh to be released. Those two players have developed into some of the best full-backs in the league. So players who may be out of form can develop under the right circumstances so let's see what happens.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

20 May, 2017 18:12
I disagree about Hughes and Maynard. I think they are good enough. Certainly Maynard has been improving.

tranmerepete
tranmerepete (IP Logged)

20 May, 2017 18:15
Maynard was excellent before he got injured. When he came back he was rusty. He is a good midfielder for this level...

Every ball is a white ball............TRFC

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

21 May, 2017 08:03
Have to admit that I was one that thought the full backs were not good enough. In the right formation both look much better but there strength is coming forward rather than defending

Kennel
Kennel (IP Logged)

21 May, 2017 11:37
Agree,as full backs in a back four formation they are not defensively good enough, however as wing backs they are both excellent.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

21 May, 2017 12:11
Sorry guys .mr negative is back .we could have the same bunch as last season who were not good enough to do what is required so why should it be different this season .they did superb considering the injuries but they lack the spine of FGR and Lincoln do you think Lincon would have failed at Wembley ?they never turned up at Wembley .never turned up against Macc to get to Wembley .they lack mental toughness .it will be interesting to see who arrives .also they could have blown it 2nd leg against Aldershot if it was not for the 2Davies saves .they don't cope well with pressure .they need 2/3 really mentally tough defenders .quite happy attack wise .next season they must give Duggan and Gumbs a chance these two are good enough now and young and fit

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

21 May, 2017 12:53
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Sorry guys .mr negative is back .we could have the same bunch as last season who were not good enough to do what is required so why should it be different this season .they did superb considering the injuries but they lack the spine of FGR and Lincoln do you think Lincon would have failed at Wembley ?they never turned up at Wembley .never turned up against Macc to get to Wembley .they lack mental toughness .it will be interesting to see who arrives .also they could have blown it 2nd leg against Aldershot if it was not for the 2Davies saves .they don't cope well with pressure .they need 2/3 really mentally tough defenders .quite happy attack wise .next season they must give Duggan and Gumbs a chance these two are good enough now and young and fit

I agree to disagree. It is clear that MM knows the extra one or two he needs but the basic team was good enough to finish 9 points clear of FGR even without key players. The lottery system for second place is a joke because every team can have an off day. FGR were not good enough to finish higher than tranmere in the season. If the team can avoid the unfortunate injuries that befell them this season then no reason why they cannot win this league. MM was also building up the experience of the youngsters by sending them out to other league teams and I assume he will bed them in next season. So I am positive for the season ahead. MM will bring in relevant players.

Fiftyyearsarover

21 May, 2017 16:12
Fair comment 👍

Viking Tranmere
Viking Tranmere (IP Logged)

21 May, 2017 18:48
Quote:
Su- y- army

Kelly looked good against us at PP. Midfield is where we are weak.

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

22 May, 2017 15:57
Quote:
BELMONT
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
Su- y- army
pie in the sky !

at closer inspection it wasnt actually a pie....it was a brocolli Quichespinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

22 May, 2017 21:56
Quote:
Higgosboots

Wedgebury only came on for the last few minutes at Wembley? Wasn't he the one who thought he is a member of ZZ Top?

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

23 May, 2017 09:37
Quote:
Shaumbra
Quote:
BELMONT
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
Su- y- army
pie in the sky !

at closer inspection it wasnt actually a pie....it was a brocolli Quichespinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Quiche requires eggs so it isn't vegan and is off the menu for Dale. It's raw carrot day today, yummy!

Fiftyyearsarover

26 May, 2017 10:16
Could it be a apple pie in the sky ?.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

26 May, 2017 20:53
Washed down with a grass smoothie from left over pitch clippings.

Well if Dale had used actual wheat grass, the cost would have been too much for him and he'd have had to sell a couple of players to pay for it.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

27 May, 2017 01:04
Well, as food for thought has overtaken rumours for once....

Clearly, insider boy is on holiday.

Fiftyyearsarover

28 May, 2017 13:47
I am still stewing over Wembley defeat .when the third goal went in I knew we had had our chips,and we went home with egg on our faces .we were toasted I'm afraid ,like the Hyena who ate a box of oxo ,we became a laughing stock

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net