football
Latest News:
register rules help contact Image Map

FinnRover
FinnRover (IP Logged)

Finns in the Fanzone on Saturday
20 April, 2017 11:24
I will be bringing 20+ Finns into the Fanzone from 13:00 on Saturday so please if you get the chance give them a warm welcome.

I play for an ' Old Boys' club called Dicken up here in Helsinki and remarkably we are playing a Tranmere Old Boys team in the Rec Centre at 11:00 on the Saturday morning then onto the fanzone and then in the Kop for the Southport game.
The majority of us are 55+ but some of the lads still play 3x a week !

Just wonderful to be bringing my Finnish team mates over to see my hometown team play and sample the very unique Tranmere atmosphere smiling smiley !!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

Re: Finns in the Fanzone on Saturday
20 April, 2017 14:44
you could ask your finnish mates to come armed to the game with a load of Molotov cocktails ( I believe the Molotov cocktail was a finnish invention and they were first used against invading Russian tanks at the start of WW II.) they could be used in a competition with some of the flare throwers at TRFC, a kind of pyrotechnic display, lol.. or just hurl them at the referee when he makes any ludicrous decisions. judging by what many fans are saying on the forum, there are plenty of ludicrous refs kicking about in the national league. its a shame we are not playing wrexham this weekend, then you could just hurl them into the cowsheds.lol.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

20 April, 2017 15:00
they could furnish the fanzone out with a load of bubble chairs ( finnish invention ) to make your pals feel at home and then to make them feel even more at home the tv could show highlights of a couple of finnish sports such as 'mobile phone throwing' or 'wife carrying..' whale meat could be added to the menu aswell, pretty sure a few Scandinavians still eat it.. after the match and to end the day, a visit to a finnish style sauna/steamroom would probably go down a treat with them. are there any sauna salons in Birkenhead???

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 20/04/2017 18:05 by hong kong rover.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

20 April, 2017 18:29
There used to be one in Hoylake (so I heard)😡

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

20 April, 2017 18:48
I take it the club know you're coming? They should make a special effort if they do.

Good on you all, enjoy the match

Viking Tranmere
Viking Tranmere (IP Logged)

20 April, 2017 19:27
Well done Finnrover!(Sm152)

Johnos Hackers
Johnos Hackers (IP Logged)

21 April, 2017 08:41
Quote:
FinnRover
I will be bringing 20+ Finns into the Fanzone from 13:00 on Saturday so please if you get the chance give them a warm welcome.
I play for an ' Old Boys' club called Dicken up here in Helsinki and remarkably we are playing a Tranmere Old Boys team in the Rec Centre at 11:00 on the Saturday morning then onto the fanzone and then in the Kop for the Southport game.

Just wonderful to be bringing my Finnish team mates over to see my hometown team play and sample the very unique Tranmere atmosphere smiling smiley !!

I'm playing for the Tranmere Old Boys team.. We are looking forward to the match ..and meeting your Finnish mates ..Let's hope for a Tranmere double with a win against your lot and Southport ..See you Saturday..⚽️⚽️

MESSAGES->author
HalfManHalfBiscan (IP Logged)

21 April, 2017 12:27
Quote:
hong kong rover
they could furnish the fanzone out with a load of bubble chairs ( finnish invention ) to make your pals feel at home and then to make them feel even more at home the tv could show highlights of a couple of finnish sports such as 'mobile phone throwing' or 'wife carrying..' whale meat could be added to the menu aswell, pretty sure a few Scandinavians still eat it.. after the match and to end the day, a visit to a finnish style sauna/steamroom would probably go down a treat with them. are there any sauna salons in Birkenhead???

Sadly Mr Magoo's has closed down. Pretty cheesed off as I'd only just renewed my membership card.

I left my heart in Papworth General

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

22 April, 2017 13:40
Whale meat again don't know where . . . . .

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

22 April, 2017 18:57
I bumped into a group of Dutch lads as I walked down Prenton Rd West to Borough Rd. They were on the lookout for a taxi.There were too many of them to fit in my car.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

22 April, 2017 19:26
Quote:
FinnRover

Hope you all enjoyed yourselves.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

22 April, 2017 19:37
Quote:
Hoots Mon
I bumped into a group of Dutch lads as I walked down Prenton Rd West to Borough Rd. They were on the lookout for a taxi.There were too many of them to fit in my car.
We seem to be getting quite a lot of Dutch coming over. I was sat near a group of around 7 of them at the Sutton game. Think they were Eindhoven fans, not PSV, the other lot!

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

22 April, 2017 19:45
Great to see so many from Finland over, hope you all enjoyed the game and atmosphere, have a safe journey home and come back again soon. Dutch and Norwegians at PP today too. TRFC fans around the globe - Excellent.

Johnos Hackers
Johnos Hackers (IP Logged)

22 April, 2017 20:35
Quote:
Johnos Hackers
Quote:
FinnRover

I'm playing for the Tranmere Old Boys team.. We are looking forward to the match ..and meeting your Finnish mates ..Let's hope for a Tranmere double with a win against your lot and Southport ..See you Saturday..⚽️⚽️

It was great to meet up with you and your Finnish mates .It was a good game .... well the first half was .. but you outplayed use 2nd half ..dare I say you "finnished " your chances better than us...anyway as I said it was s pleasure and I look forward to the rematch in Helsinki..⚽️⚽️

Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

22 April, 2017 20:47
Icelandic lads in the Kop and Town End today as well.

Welcome to all from Scandinavia and Iceland... long history of Viking settlements in the Wirral (Thingwall, Irby, Pensby, Frankby to name a few).Really hope you all enjoyed your day and welcome back any time.

FinnRover
FinnRover (IP Logged)

23 April, 2017 17:22
We had an absolutely fantastic weekend ! Including 'Wags' there were 32 of us at P Park yesterday.
I thought the Tranmere Old Boys edged the 1st half, us equalising 10 secs before halftime helped, we also had a few extra subs which helped greatly.
The Dicken Lads are serious about getting you over to Helsinki for the 2nd leg and I will help in any way to try and make it happen . Our season up here runs from April to September ( football is a summer sport in Finland) so a trip to play a couple of games in September and maybe match a HJK Helsinki game would be a plan .
I cannot talk more highly about the way we were treated by everyone involved at Tranmere and the atmosphere inside the Kop for the match was excellent.
Please thank all the Tranmere Old Boys who turned up and played... Much appreciated !

Hopefully see you all in Helsinki !

Cheers !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net