football
Latest News:

Viking Tranmere
Viking Tranmere (IP Logged)

14 April, 2017 20:00
Fantastic crowd, even for a game televised live on BT Sports. Well done the SWA!!

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: 6,324
14 April, 2017 20:22
I thought that there looked more than there was on Tuesday.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

14 April, 2017 20:22
Quote:
Viking Tranmere
Fantastic crowd, even for a game televised live on BT Sports. Well done the SWA!!

Two good gate's just a pity we only took one point out six,two good results from them game's (two wins)plus a win on Easter Monday would have set us up for the Southport home game next week and possibly a 7000+ gate. Sadly we failed to do this,oh well play offs it is and I'm not fussy on them imagine a penalty shoot out.(Sm124)

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

14 April, 2017 22:44
Was there any difficulties getting in 2 day or getting a pint in aldos. I went in tent it was quite busy ?

SmartRover
SmartRover (IP Logged)

15 April, 2017 08:31
Very little in way of queues on Borough Road for Kop & JK, was surprised the gate was that high as there were lots of empty seats in JK when Tuesday was very busy. Thought Aldershot might have brought more fans considering the run they have been on.

MESSAGES->author
Gilbert's Fridge (IP Logged)

15 April, 2017 10:16
Lincoln had over 9,000 yesterday.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

15 April, 2017 10:25
In 1987/88 season saw Lincoln set an all-time record attendance for a Conference match, attracting 9,432 spectators in a 2–0 win against Wycombe Wanderers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2017 10:28 by TranmereFan.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

15 April, 2017 10:45
Quote:
Gilbert's Fridge

For the same fixture last season, they had just over 2k

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

15 April, 2017 14:51
Quote:
Gilbert's Fridge

Their PR is better ie quarter finals of the FA Cup this season this would pick up followers on top of that sitting in pole position in the league, game in hand on second placed team. With that second placed team got beat in vital last home game plus we we're on telly.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

15 April, 2017 15:50
Quote:
mini_andy
Quote:
Gilbert's Fridge

Absolutely; amazing how many of them have crawled out of the woodwork. Import must be exhilarated; must have gone through numerous changes of trousers with all the excitement. Will be interesting to see how many of them drift away when they don't reach the heady heights of this season.

MESSAGES->author
Gilbert's Fridge (IP Logged)

15 April, 2017 16:14
It would be interesting how their attendances hold up if they struggle in League 2 next season (presuming they get there, of course!!). Our attendances have been excellent over the past few years.

Stockport County are 4th in the average attendances for non-league sides with an average of over 3,000. Very good for the National League North.

Import
Import (IP Logged)

15 April, 2017 16:59
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
mini_andy
Quote:
Gilbert's Fridge

Absolutely; amazing how many of them have crawled out of the woodwork. Import must be exhilarated; must have gone through numerous changes of trousers with all the excitement. Will be interesting to see how many of them drift away when they don't reach the heady heights of this season.

I have been following the Imps since 1967, it a huge untapped resource. Unlike most clubs The Imps don't have other teams on their doorstep and the population of Lincoln has been steadily growing.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

15 April, 2017 20:33
Quote:
Import
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
mini_andy
Quote:
Gilbert's Fridge

I have been following the Imps since 1967, it a huge untapped resource. Unlike most clubs The Imps don't have other teams on their doorstep and the population of Lincoln has been steadily growing.

Good luck in league two; a well-deserved success this season. In relation to your newfound support "When the going gets tough, the bluff get going". For your genuine supporters; enjoy, drink and be merry.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

15 April, 2017 20:56
It happens to all clubs who have had no success for years .people get fed up and move on .then they see good things happening at the club so they return get a taste of what's happening so become born again supporters .plus young supporters appear and it then becomes there club it's just football life .who knows what happens to Lincon next season .they have been brilliant all season .made a lot of money and most importantly paid there debts off .so to say people have crawled out the woodwork is stupid .how many did we take to Wembley against Leicester about 30.000 by all accounts on 5000 gates .its called supporting your team on a massive day or for promotion

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

15 April, 2017 21:58
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
It happens to all clubs who have had no success for years .people get fed up and move on .then they see good things happening at the club so they return get a taste of what's happening so become born again supporters .plus young supporters appear and it then becomes there club it's just football life .who knows what happens to Lincon next season .they have been brilliant all season .made a lot of money and most importantly paid there debts off .so to say people have crawled out the woodwork is stupid .how many did we take to Wembley against Leicester about 30.000 by all accounts on 5000 gates .its called supporting your team on a massive day or for promotion

Thanks for the compliment. The phrase you refer to is a repetition straight from the mouths of my Lincoln supporting relatives but of course they're stupid too. It appears I've wasted by breath "attacking" the derogatory comments of others on this site; a lot of them aimed at you. How stupid was I.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

15 April, 2017 22:57
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
made a lot of money and most importantly paid there debts off .

Technically, an investor paid the debts off, and pumped in extra funds for the budget last season, this season, and the next 3 seasons I believe. I'm not sure what his final target is, but good luck to them.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

15 April, 2017 23:44
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
spot on really, obviously crawling out of the woodwork is going to get mentioned bit like Import says it's an untapped resource as their club has done pretty much nothing for a very long time. They don't have 2 giants next door like us but I'd still like to think if we could catch the imagination of the local football fans we to would have them crawling out of the woodwork. If they go on a downturn next season of course they won't be getting 9k but this roll they're on should mean they have left the 2.5k gates behind for the foreseeable future.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

16 April, 2017 00:12
Maybe 6324 is also Mark P's pin number, so he can use his credit card to pay for cash transfers.

Alternatively it could also be the padlock combination to Mickey Mellons beer safe, so that when distinguished guests like Paul Cook arrive, Mickey can ration their access to avoid getting all his beer stash nobbled.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Zint
Zint (IP Logged)

16 April, 2017 10:40
Our current attendances would put us near the top 8 in League 2 and in the bottom third of League 1. This is incredible when you consider how few away fans tend to come to our home games.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

16 April, 2017 11:06
Quote:
2 the moon
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
spot on really, obviously crawling out of the woodwork is going to get mentioned bit like Import says it's an untapped resource as their club has done pretty much nothing for a very long time. They don't have 2 giants next door like us but I'd still like to think if we could catch the imagination of the local football fans we to would have them crawling out of the woodwork. If they go on a downturn next season of course they won't be getting 9k but this roll they're on should mean they have left the 2.5k gates behind for the foreseeable future.

Except they've already had over 9k for a game at this level as noted elsewhere in this thread, and that didn't stop their attendances dropping back down did it? It is the same everywhere. Success and big games brings in the fair weather and casual fans. While you sustain that success they will stay more interested, once you don't they go. The only way your crowds increase over a long period of time is sustained success.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

16 April, 2017 12:39
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
2 the moon
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
spot on rally, obviously crawling out of the woodwork is going to get mentioned bit like Import says it's an untapped resource as their club has done pretty much nothing for a very long time. They don't have 2 giants next door like us but I'd still like to think if we could catch the imagination of the local football fans we to would have them crawling out of the woodwork. If they go on a downturn next season of course they won't be getting 9k but this roll they're on should mean they have left the 2.5k gates behind for the foreseeable future.

Except they've already had over 9k for a game at this level as noted elsewhere in this thread, and that didn't stop their attendances dropping back down did it? It is the same everywhere. Success and big games brings in the fair weather and casual fans. While you sustain that success they will stay more interested, once you don't they go. The only way your crowds increase over a long period of time is sustained success.
I wasn't aware they'd got anywhere near that at this level. I will say though without the cup run and if it was them chasing shadows in 2nd they wouldn't be getting what we are now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2017 19:06 by 2 the moon.

Mikeymoo
Mikeymoo (IP Logged)

16 April, 2017 16:12
Sorry Mini Andy to correct you, the investor put in a small amount compared to turnover, the debts were only paid off by the cup run recently. His investment shored up the annual shortfall and paid off directors interest free loans.
The debts were from years of staying professional but underachieving, going through managers like a dose of salts etc.

Our story is much the same as many other league clubs, luckily for us the investor had the foresight to persuade the cowleys we have potential, a growing city, good support (some have got out of their armchairs after 5 years of misery - which at £18 a game I can understand) and a ground we own etc.

At some point in the future, when we are no longer good for each other, the cowleys will maybe move on to bigger things but leave us with great memories and a stable club full of hope.

If we had'nt have found the cowleys, I guess we could have become stockport, darlington or hereford etc.

I hope you all get the promotion you deserve, as I feel FGR is a league place wasted personally given their heritage, fanbase and no business case for a club.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

16 April, 2017 16:28
Quote:
Mikeymoo
Sorry Mini Andy to correct you, the investor put in a small amount compared to turnover, the debts were only paid off by the cup run recently. His investment shored up the annual shortfall and paid off directors interest free loans.
The debts were from years of staying professional but underachieving, going through managers like a dose of salts etc.

Our story is much the same as many other league clubs, luckily for us the investor had the foresight to persuade the cowleys we have potential, a growing city, good support (some have got out of their armchairs after 5 years of misery - which at £18 a game I can understand) and a ground we own etc.

At some point in the future, when we are no longer good for each other, the cowleys will maybe move on to bigger things but leave us with great memories and a stable club full of hope.

If we had'nt have found the cowleys, I guess we could have become stockport, darlington or hereford etc.

I hope you all get the promotion you deserve, as I feel FGR is a league place wasted personally given their heritage, fanbase and no business case for a club.

Thanks Mikeymoo for your good wishes. I'm glad that my coining a phrase with regards to your attendances has not been misconstrued by yourself or Import. You deserve to be champions and I wish you well next season.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

16 April, 2017 17:42
Quote:
Mikeymoo

Close enough.

I'm not having a go by the way, our old owner covered our shortfall every season, before writing off a £6m debt and gifting the current owners the club for free. On top of that he even chucked in our old training ground that was being sold to developers.

Without him doing that, I doubt we'd even have a club now, as nobody in their right mind would buy us back then!

Mikeymoo
Mikeymoo (IP Logged)

16 April, 2017 18:56
No issue with the comment on ownership, we until recently never had a financial backer who could shoulder the burden, we tried being the first (if i recall correctly) fans co-operative, but we were lacking direction ,all caring, but pulling in opposite directions.
Its a nightmare at this level, Lincoln tried dropping ticket prices but the additional few did not cover the price drop. It is success that brings supporters out in their droves, I can see that now - 50% of our "old gate" was cash pay on the turnstile, when the cup runs arrived and the popularity took over, we did'nt exist as fans unless we took the day off work and queued for 4-6 hours.

Many "newer fans"are able to buy the vouchers (mini season tickets) and the season ticket holders all got 4 tickets per game- hence none left for the 50% of the "old guard". Only the success has stopped us getting bitter at being overlooked, its a nice problem for a smaller club (in the scheme of things, we are a feeder club for higher leagues and always have been) to be oversubscribed. I guess I'll have to find a few hundred quid and become a season ticket holder, long gone are the days when people told me not to waste my money watching LCFC whilst they went on the train to Forest claiming to be from Notss. through some tenuous family link!

make hay while the sun shines I guess! As it doesn't always shine.......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net