football
Latest News:
 

The sniper
The sniper (IP Logged)

Referee
12 April, 2017 23:12
The referee cost us a lot against forest green...how many decisions went against us....it was disgraceful....but the league is over yet and we're still in with a shout and let's keep supporting the rovers to getting 3 points

 
Team Spirit
Team Spirit (IP Logged)

Re: Referee
13 April, 2017 09:27
Don't know whether he cost us the game, I'd say our poor finishing did that.

But he was weak with regard to FGR's physical approach (although I did not think they were as bad as last season here tbh). Their No.6 should have walked for the assault on Wallace which wouldn't have done our chances any harm.

 
Paddockfan
Paddockfan (IP Logged)

Re: Referee
13 April, 2017 10:41
I thought they had added brought in a rule this year about players surrounding the ref after an incident. FRG's centre back (who pushed Jennings) and the goalkeeper had sprinted 40/50 yards to get involved. The ref bottled it and booked nobody.
Overall I thought he was better than most we've had, but allowed the same centre back to wrestle Stockton to the ground just outside the penalty area. Inconsistent was the word that sprang to mind. Mind you Wallace "dived" to avoid a tackle that never came, but to be far didn't look for a free kick either.

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Referee
13 April, 2017 11:32
He was very weak and inconsistent and tried to let the game run on when he should have been penalising fouls mainly by them. But he didn't cost us as much as some of his colleagues have[eg the Bromley guy]in other games.

 
MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

Re: Referee
13 April, 2017 12:45
Poor finishing and a little bit of bad luck cost us that game.
I'm going to get slated here but I didn't think they were a patch on last season were it was an all out assault on our players. They are a big physical side and they use it. You can tell they are not gelled but the quality they have is a another level to the vast majority of what we come up against in this league and they are going to be a big big threat in the play offs.
Our fans shouted for everything, and I mean everything which being the home side in a big game is expected but I personally find all this about refs being against us a bit far fetched. Our players are no different than any other modern footballers and will quite happily go down when touched if there's no advantage for them. Did anyone see Norwood go down holding his face then jump up like a jack in the box when he either realised he wasn't getting a free kick or the fact he looked stupid. We played well, very well but the goal never came, We tired and they come back into it in the second half nicked a goal and finished the stronger side. It's happened before it'll happen again.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/04/2017 14:08 by 2 the moon.

 
WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

Re: Referee
20 April, 2017 09:15
A Referee is supposed to be unbiased. Can someone come up with an alternative name for these officials that obviously side with the opposition, or are just generally poor or are totally unacceptable (same goes for the 'flag wavers' too), this could apply to ALL TEAMS in this division. Can we the fans (of ALL Teams), unite here to 'shove the whistle and flags of these unacceptables, where the sun doesn't shine - has anyone ever seen the match reports on these so called 'fair' officials. Take the recent game where an opposition player receives treatment and the 'ref' allows the player to remain on the pitch once the 'physio' has departed - absolute CHYTE, he obviously did not comprehend even the basic law concerning that incident. Never mind other 'treatment' handed out to Rovers players over the season.

 
roger mellie
roger mellie (IP Logged)

Re: Referee
20 April, 2017 12:47
Try reffing a game in your local park - even a junior game - it will change your perspective on Referees and how difficult their job is.

 
Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

Re: Referee
20 April, 2017 13:34
I gave up playing and started refereeing in the 70's but, after one season, returned to playing it was easier.

Having said that, it seems to me that anyone having played the game would not make the mistakes repeated week in week out by these official's the majority of which, I would suggest, have never played the game.

I have posted myself particularly this season, complaining of the standard of the officials which, with the odd exception has been consistently dire to say the least.

Evidently the referee of the FGR game was an ex footballer but, he certainly didn't impress me, so I don't know how standards will improve.

Any thoughts?

 
Reremnart
Reremnart (IP Logged)

Re: Referee
20 April, 2017 14:10
To be honest it is the linesman every bit as much as the Refs that have done it for me. 90% just don`t make any decision other than throw ins and offsides. Take the guy we had on Friday against Aldershot in front of the JKS for example. Prior to their second goal one of their defenders literally pulled Cole Stockton down to the ground less than 10 yards away from him and he didn`t flag for it. I do have some symphany for refs as they would need eyes in the back of their heads to see half of what goes on and also this league has far more than it`s fair share of horrible snide players who are experts at getting away with things but running the line is a far simpler job I would have thought yet these guys it would appear just don`t want to know half the time.

 
MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

Re: Referee
20 April, 2017 16:30
Quote:
roger mellie
Try reffing a game in your local park - even a junior game - it will change your perspective on Referees and how difficult their job is.

Incompetency makes all jobs difficult. Saying their job is difficult in comparison to genuinely difficult jobs is like comparing a gnat bite to a kick in the balls.

 
MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

Re: Referee
20 April, 2017 21:49
Put it this way they need to be fit and interpret the rules properly, which means if Mo Farah knew the offside rule and could use a can of disappearing foam responsibly when required, he could ref a match in theory.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

 
MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

Re: Referee
20 April, 2017 21:52
What cost us the league (Top spot)this season failing to take six points in the last two home game's after we had caught up their coat(Lincoln) tails also not beating Lincoln once,not referee's.

 
Koppette
Koppette (IP Logged)

Re: Referee
20 April, 2017 22:08
Quote:
WWStandsure
Take the recent game where an opposition player receives treatment and the 'ref' allows the player to remain on the pitch once the 'physio' has departed - absolute CHYTE, he obviously did not comprehend even the basic law concerning that incident. Never mind other 'treatment' handed out to Rovers players over the season.

Sorry! Can't allow this comment to stand unchallenged and as no-one else has corrected it I'll need to break my self-imposed exile to do so.

A rule change introduced for season 2016/17 by the International Football Association Board -IFAB, for Law 05 - The Referee, states the following.

"A player injured by a red card or yellow card foul can be quickly assessed/treated and remain on the field of play."

As either Connor Jennings or Cole Stockton (can't remember the incident with absolute clarity though do recall the yellow card) was cautioned, the referee was absolutely correct to allow the player to remain on the pitch once the physio had departed. If the card had NOT been brandished the player would still have been made to leave the field.

If anyone else wants to get themselves up to date with the law changes rather than ignorantly berating the referee for a correct implementation of the current laws, you can download the latest changes from here...

[www.theifab.com]

The document is at the bottom of the long list of the various laws.

Thanks

 
kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

Re: Referee
20 April, 2017 22:37
First yes the rule around cards and staying on needs to be better known
Second people,e are funny about officiating
I agree with most of us on here the officials this season are awful but I think they react against the vocal c. They shouldn't they should give it as they see it. My experience was of lineing for both my sons junior teams Wallasey Sunday League fixtures went reasonably OK but the reffing was terrible. Went to an U 14s tournament in Blackpool. Flagged Off side correctly, opposition parent said only a bit. I think the officials in our League have had years of this and dogs abuse. I still think they're useless but I dont know where we start to improve reffing. Perhaps its just part of the game to rant against the ref. If Im honest I enjoy it. I suspect they do too.

 
Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: Referee
20 April, 2017 22:46
Quote:
Koppette
Quote:
WWStandsure
Take the recent game where an opposition player receives treatment and the 'ref' allows the player to remain on the pitch once the 'physio' has departed - absolute CHYTE, he obviously did not comprehend even the basic law concerning that incident. Never mind other 'treatment' handed out to Rovers players over the season.

Sorry! Can't allow this comment to stand unchallenged and as no-one else has corrected it I'll need to break my self-imposed exile to do so.

A rule change introduced for season 2016/17 by the International Football Association Board -IFAB, for Law 05 - The Referee, states the following.

"A player injured by a red card or yellow card foul can be quickly assessed/treated and remain on the field of play."

As either Connor Jennings or Cole Stockton (can't remember the incident with absolute clarity though do recall the yellow card) was cautioned, the referee was absolutely correct to allow the player to remain on the pitch once the physio had departed. If the card had NOT been brandished the player would still have been made to leave the field.

If anyone else wants to get themselves up to date with the law changes rather than ignorantly berating the referee for a correct implementation of the current laws, you can download the latest changes from here...

[www.theifab.com]

The document is at the bottom of the long list of the various laws.

Thanks


Yes-you're right. That presumably is also why a good few refs appear to go over to the injured player before deciding what action if any is to be taken against the miscreant.

 
EBAWB
EBAWB (IP Logged)

Re: Referee
21 April, 2017 06:13
Quote:
Koppette
Quote:
WWStandsure
Take the recent game where an opposition player receives treatment and the 'ref' allows the player to remain on the pitch once the 'physio' has departed - absolute CHYTE, he obviously did not comprehend even the basic law concerning that incident. Never mind other 'treatment' handed out to Rovers players over the season.

Sorry! Can't allow this comment to stand unchallenged and as no-one else has corrected it I'll need to break my self-imposed exile to do so.

A rule change introduced for season 2016/17 by the International Football Association Board -IFAB, for Law 05 - The Referee, states the following.

"A player injured by a red card or yellow card foul can be quickly assessed/treated and remain on the field of play."

As either Connor Jennings or Cole Stockton (can't remember the incident with absolute clarity though do recall the yellow card) was cautioned, the referee was absolutely correct to allow the player to remain on the pitch once the physio had departed. If the card had NOT been brandished the player would still have been made to leave the field.

If anyone else wants to get themselves up to date with the law changes rather than ignorantly berating the referee for a correct implementation of the current laws, you can download the latest changes from here...

[www.theifab.com]

The document is at the bottom of the long list of the various laws.

Thanks


Good to "see" you back (hopefully) with another informative post. Personally, I was unaware of the rule change. Thanks



Every ball's a white ball

 
MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

Re: Referee
21 April, 2017 16:46
Quote:
EBAWB
Quote:
Koppette
Quote:
WWStandsure
Take the recent game where an opposition player receives treatment and the 'ref' allows the player to remain on the pitch once the 'physio' has departed - absolute CHYTE, he obviously did not comprehend even the basic law concerning that incident. Never mind other 'treatment' handed out to Rovers players over the season.

Sorry! Can't allow this comment to stand unchallenged and as no-one else has corrected it I'll need to break my self-imposed exile to do so.

A rule change introduced for season 2016/17 by the International Football Association Board -IFAB, for Law 05 - The Referee, states the following.

"A player injured by a red card or yellow card foul can be quickly assessed/treated and remain on the field of play."

As either Connor Jennings or Cole Stockton (can't remember the incident with absolute clarity though do recall the yellow card) was cautioned, the referee was absolutely correct to allow the player to remain on the pitch once the physio had departed. If the card had NOT been brandished the player would still have been made to leave the field.

If anyone else wants to get themselves up to date with the law changes rather than ignorantly berating the referee for a correct implementation of the current laws, you can download the latest changes from here...

[www.theifab.com]

The document is at the bottom of the long list of the various laws.

Thanks


Good to "see" you back (hopefully) with another informative post. Personally, I was unaware of the rule change. Thanks

I was aware of the rule change, thanks. It still doesn't disguise the fact that a. Most referees in this league are diabolical and b. It encourages the injury feigners and time wasters to practise their art with no consequence. We, should not accept low standards and dishonesty in any walk of life; particularly in a public arena.

 
DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

Re: Referee
21 April, 2017 18:15
So good to see Kopette,a voice of reason, posting on the board again.Her contribution is always considered and reasoned and adds to the value of debate. Hopefully she will contribute again to the bosrd

 
Johntyponty
Johntyponty (IP Logged)

Re: Referee
21 April, 2017 21:13
Quickly assessed......says it all

 
kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

Re: Referee
21 April, 2017 21:47
Quote:
DevonExile
So good to see Kopette,a voice of reason, posting on the board again.Her contribution is always considered and reasoned and adds to the value of debate. Hopefully she will contribute again to the bosrd
+1


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?