football
Latest News:

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons (IP Logged)

Weight Watchers
11 April, 2017 22:11
Second week running they've only had Aldo's open in the Kop because Weight watchers are in the other bar. The queue is bonkers and putting people off getting a drink...........

Think of the pounds they're losing.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: Weight Watchers
11 April, 2017 22:16
Food for thought.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

11 April, 2017 22:16
Quote:
Hardly Irons
Think of the pounds they're losing.

Who? The Weight Watchers attendees, or the people getting slimmer, because of the beer they give up trying to buy after queuing for too long (Sm7)

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

11 April, 2017 22:44
Mad isn't it when all the money invested in that place an opportunity is missed to take a big amount of money 2nte .it's going to make fans think twice about going there pre match.weight watchers could of gone in 1 of the rooms next door no problem. Execs fault.

kennyspint
kennyspint (IP Logged)

11 April, 2017 22:48
Queues at the turn stiles too didn't have to be a genius to predict a big crowd and open more gates. Am i being elitist to think season ticket holders should have their own gate?

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

11 April, 2017 23:07
Don't think so Kenny . Iv said it before on other threads we got a massive wage bill yet when it comes to dealing with bigger crowds we don't have foresight in the exec department . Should be a decent crowd on Friday but if we had of won 2nte 2 thousand more might of turned up and got in by half time.

beb end regular
beb end regular (IP Logged)

12 April, 2017 08:01
Re queues - do we really expect to turn up 10 minutes before and walk straight in.
Get in early no complaints.
As you say it happens every game, so why don't the supporters also learn.
Remember when the only stands open were the main, paddocks and borough road - you had to get in at least 30 mins before kick off - nobody complained then.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

12 April, 2017 09:00
Quote:
beb end regular
Re queues - do we really expect to turn up 10 minutes before and walk straight in.
Get in early no complaints.
As you say it happens every game, so why don't the supporters also learn.
Remember when the only stands open were the main, paddocks and borough road - you had to get in at least 30 mins before kick off - nobody complained then.

+1

MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

12 April, 2017 09:34
If everyone turns up early the queues would just form earlier. Just open more gates

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

12 April, 2017 09:46
The scanning process on a mobile phone?? is defo slower than just either buying a ticket or giving your ticket in. That's the problem here as they haven't taken on more staff to compensate, they have less staff if anything. Hopefully they will buy some more effiecent scanner machines at some point.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

12 April, 2017 10:17
Quote:
Old Rover
If everyone turns up early the queues would just form earlier. Just open more gates

I've never had any problem getting into the town end of the paddock.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2017 10:17 by Hoots Mon.

MESSAGES->author
acc928 (IP Logged)

12 April, 2017 10:42
Quote:
TranmereFan
The scanning process on a mobile phone?? is defo slower than just either buying a ticket or giving your ticket in. That's the problem here as they haven't taken on more staff to compensate, they have less staff if anything. Hopefully they will buy some more effiecent scanner machines at some point.

Mobile phone scanner very slow, I went in with my wife and teenage daughter (both first timers) and my sons season ticket holder friend. My son behind us was paying cash so was refused admission and told to join the queue at another turnstile. What was that about???

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

12 April, 2017 13:19
Andy Cook needs weight watchers

SmartRover
SmartRover (IP Logged)

12 April, 2017 18:30
The queues for the JK & Kop were ridiculous on Borough Road, clearly a real safety issue with crowds in the road trying to gain entry, made worse by the fact a number of turnstiles for the Kop were closed, Speak to the stewards and they will tell you they are absolutely fed up with asking the hierarchy at the club to sort it out and help them and all they ever get is total silence, surely the Safety Officer should be tasked with sorting it out, that's his remit I believe, it's also clear the card system is not reliable and very slow at the best of times. I clearly heard tannoy announcements that the club were aware of the problems but didn't delay the kick off which I'm sure many expected because of the long queues.

MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

12 April, 2017 21:54
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Old Rover

I've never had any problem getting into the town end of the paddock.
The queues for the kop ( car park end ) were ridiculous, Got to the ground at 7-20 two gates were closed. When I got in there was still about 30 or 40 people in each queue

andyc209
andyc209 (IP Logged)

13 April, 2017 14:10
i know someone who does that gates and he said there are often issues with the scanners and wi-fi connection and also on Tuesday stewards where letting the wrong people into the wrong turnstiles which caused the poor gate people issues and have to take all the abuse - he had to show great restraint Tuesday night from some of the abuse he got. I think the stewards have to be better at getting people to the right gate. These scanners work ok if the WiFi is good enough (which it isn't) and ultimately we have to arrive in plenty of time and direct our issues at the club rather than the fans who are working to make the club run properly each game. Believe new training is due next year for stewards etc so it should be better next year in the Football League!!

MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

13 April, 2017 21:30
I've noticed people going to one gate and then coming out and going to another gate. I 've got a season ticket so can use any gate

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net