football
Latest News:
 

Viking Tranmere
Viking Tranmere (IP Logged)

Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
08 April, 2017 09:29
If we are going to make up the goal difference on Lincoln we have to put 6 or 7 past these today and not concede.
And repeat that fete against Southport.

Sitting back on a 1-0 or 2-0 like we seem to do with good play followed by tame efforts on goal is no longer an option really if we are going to catch the Imps!

Bristol R. managed to do it when they were down here. We missed a hatful of chances again on Tuesday, really its time to fine tune and for us to do it.

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
08 April, 2017 10:33
No chance of this happening .lack of goals a big problem .a few players chipping in with goals .not happening for Norwood so it's been left mainly to cook this problem must be addressed for next season

 
Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
08 April, 2017 11:25
I agree

 
MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
08 April, 2017 11:34
Goal difference is the least of my worries. We need to win. That's all. If we chase goals above everything else we teams will counter that and that makes us vulnerable. If goal difference costs us then it does. All we need to do is not switch off and hand the opposition the initiative like we did on Tuesday.

 
Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
08 April, 2017 11:53
If we go 1 or 2 up , don't sit deep inviting Solihull to come at us which is what we've been doing of late . Carry on playing our game and not end up with a normal nerve jangling 10 to 15 minutes . Attack is the best form of defence .

 
Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
08 April, 2017 12:17
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Goal difference is the least of my worries. We need to win. That's all. If we chase goals above everything else we teams will counter that and that makes us vulnerable. If goal difference costs us then it does. All we need to do is not switch off and hand the opposition the initiative like we did on Tuesday.

Well that's not exactly been successful over the two previous seasons so maybe we should seek goal after goal and get past the winning post before half time.

 
Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69 (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
08 April, 2017 13:07
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Goal difference is the least of my worries. We need to win. That's all. If we chase goals above everything else we teams will counter that and that makes us vulnerable. If goal difference costs us then it does. All we need to do is not switch off and hand the opposition the initiative like we did on Tuesday.

Well that's not exactly been successful over the two previous seasons so maybe we should seek goal after goal and get past the winning post before half time.
+1

 
MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
08 April, 2017 13:08
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Goal difference is the least of my worries. We need to win. That's all. If we chase goals above everything else we teams will counter that and that makes us vulnerable. If goal difference costs us then it does. All we need to do is not switch off and hand the opposition the initiative like we did on Tuesday.

Well that's not exactly been successful over the two previous seasons so maybe we should seek goal after goal and get past the winning post before half time.

You can't compare it to much of the last two years though because we are playing a different formation and style now. For much of the last two years it has been about controlling the game, keeping the team shape with a fairly slow tempo. Now we are playing with a higher tempo and aggressively trying to win the ball back. We are inherently much more attacking as well with three forwards and pushing the full backs into midfield. This is fine, but it comes with a risk if you can't keep the tempo up and commit too many men forward all the time. As uglybob says, all we need to do is not sit back like we did Tuesday.

 
MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
08 April, 2017 17:02
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
No chance of this happening .lack of goals a big problem .a few players chipping in with goals .not happening for Norwood so it's been left mainly to cook this problem must be addressed for next season

Can you repeat this comment before the FGR game, please. It will spur them on ta very muchly Lol

 
MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
08 April, 2017 17:10
Haha. We just cannee score goals ! Woooooohoooooo!!!!

 
MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
08 April, 2017 17:27
Well we certainly didn't sit back today. It was raining goals, some crackers as well.

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
08 April, 2017 17:57
go on 8530kg kick a man when he is down 🤗 .who honestly predicted that not me obviously

 
Yardleys Cat
Yardleys Cat (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
08 April, 2017 18:02
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
No chance of this happening .lack of goals a big problem .a few players chipping in with goals .not happening for Norwood so it's been left mainly to cook this problem must be addressed for next season
May I respectfully suggest that you never again mention your 'soothsayer' skillls, and stop this negative shi*** you persist in posting.

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
08 April, 2017 19:00
Thank you for your respectable mocking of my soothsayer skills yardleys Kat .but I stand by my predictions remember one swallow a summer does not make .i expect it to be another 40years before we score nine again .but I like some on here think we might score more goals if we stop sitting back and defending .i bet we are all happy Stockton came back well done to him and Connor Jennings loan done him some good .next 2games really vital both against playoff hopefuls will give us some idea what to expect

 
MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
08 April, 2017 19:11
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
No chance of this happening .lack of goals a big problem .a few players chipping in with goals .not happening for Norwood so it's been left mainly to cook this problem must be addressed for next season


Got that well off the mark with that Prediction,hope you're 🏇 horse's we're better.

 
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
08 April, 2017 20:08
I have been suitably chastised 🙄

 
Viking Tranmere
Viking Tranmere (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
08 April, 2017 20:54
Well I never.....

Job not yet complete though. GD between us and Lincoln now down to 3.

 
chrisprover
chrisprover (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
08 April, 2017 21:56
Well there you go if we carry on creating chances we will score, I only managed to listen to second half as we were just on the way back from Glencoe and had a good treck up Ben Nevis but only half way what a performance lets keep it going Rovers

 
Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
09 April, 2017 02:23
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Goal difference is the least of my worries. We need to win. That's all. If we chase goals above everything else we teams will counter that and that makes us vulnerable. If goal difference costs us then it does. All we need to do is not switch off and hand the opposition the initiative like we did on Tuesday.

Well that's not exactly been successful over the two previous seasons so maybe we should seek goal after goal and get past the winning post before half time.

You can't compare it to much of the last two years though because we are playing a different formation and style now. For much of the last two years it has been about controlling the game, keeping the team shape with a fairly slow tempo. Now we are playing with a higher tempo and aggressively trying to win the ball back. We are inherently much more attacking as well with three forwards and pushing the full backs into midfield. This is fine, but it comes with a risk if you can't keep the tempo up and commit too many men forward all the time. As uglybob says, all we need to do is not sit back like we did Tuesday.

Ahemm....

 
MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
09 April, 2017 09:29
Hindsight is a wonderful thing! Who would have predicted our dramatic fall from grace that brought us to the National League. If such a person raised their head above the parapet, rather than being viewed as having clarity of vision or a sixth sense, the poor soul would have been stoned in public (the old fashioned stoning and not the version of stoned in public now!). No doubt they would also be accused of talking shi**. Conversly, if someone had gone out on a limb and predicted a 9-0 win ("positivity") the same "compliment" might also have been applied. Positive and negative, like a battery, the forum receives it's energy from this polarisation. A flat battery gets you nowhere!
With reference to yesterday's game, of course, if someone puts their tongue on the battery when it's running at full energy, some would say they deserve what they get!
Or perhaps I'm talking shi**.

 
Yiggsy
Yiggsy (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
09 April, 2017 09:38
"A flat battery gets you nowhere!
With reference to yesterday's game, of course, if someone puts their tongue on the battery when it's running at full energy, some would say they deserve what they get!
Or perhaps I'm talking shi**."


If a seagull was following a trawler looking for discarded fish and accidentally sh4t on the battery what would happen then? smiling smiley

 
MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
09 April, 2017 11:29
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Goal difference is the least of my worries. We need to win. That's all. If we chase goals above everything else we teams will counter that and that makes us vulnerable. If goal difference costs us then it does. All we need to do is not switch off and hand the opposition the initiative like we did on Tuesday.

Well that's not exactly been successful over the two previous seasons so maybe we should seek goal after goal and get past the winning post before half time.

You can't compare it to much of the last two years though because we are playing a different formation and style now. For much of the last two years it has been about controlling the game, keeping the team shape with a fairly slow tempo. Now we are playing with a higher tempo and aggressively trying to win the ball back. We are inherently much more attacking as well with three forwards and pushing the full backs into midfield. This is fine, but it comes with a risk if you can't keep the tempo up and commit too many men forward all the time. As uglybob says, all we need to do is not sit back like we did Tuesday.

Ahemm....

And what's that supposed to mean?

 
MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
09 April, 2017 17:04
Quote:
Yiggsy
"A flat battery gets you nowhere!
With reference to yesterday's game, of course, if someone puts their tongue on the battery when it's running at full energy, some would say they deserve what they get!
Or perhaps I'm talking shi**."


If a seagull was following a trawler looking for discarded fish and accidentally sh4t on the battery what would happen then? smiling smiley

A la Solihull yesterday, the trawler would have nowhere to run or hide. A la Tranmere, the seagull would get fat on the rich pickings.

 
prentonpete1
prentonpete1 (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
10 April, 2017 17:04
How many will Lincoln score against Chester?

 
martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
10 April, 2017 18:22
I can't see Chester doing us any favours and they could concede a hatful!

 
Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

Re: Goal Difference. Today and Southport are our last opportunities
10 April, 2017 22:14
Quote:
martyd12
I can't see Chester doing us any favours and they could concede a hatful!

Yes they could but we live in hope. After Saturday anything is possible and nothing is impossible. We shall see.


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?