football
Latest News:

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

Re: Match 41 discussion: Solihull Moors (H)
09 April, 2017 10:47
Yesterday's win was great for morale, perhaps they may have poor was it because they couldn't live with us.

This forum would have been in melt down if Solihull hade managed to hold on too a draw or even pinch a win after we had controlled the game but lost out to late winner.

For once the shots at goal went in instead of hitting the post going over or even being saved on the line,we won one 9-0 bloody well enjoy it ,this was needed for our goal difference if Lincoln had won a match by that score this forum would have been asking why we can't do it. Yesterday we did it another two goals on top of the nine would have been greatly received by us . The only downside was Lincoln win yesterday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2017 10:48 by BELMONT.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

09 April, 2017 11:09
Quote:
Loyden1
Well matt can't recall a 6 against macc in 73 but I was at the other 9 . 0s against accrington and ap Leamington .also 7 against torquay and Workington. But what I can't get my head around is posters being negative to Stockton after 3 well taken goals .nobody can say deffo cook would of done the same give Stockton some credit please .I bet there great grandfather's said in 1935 boxing day 'that bunny bell should of got bloody 10 .'

I was at the last league 9-0 win in 1959 when we beat Accrington but it was not as good a game and the Accrington team that day were really woeful. Oddly the ex Liverpool player, Rowley, scored 4 and like Stockton he was a player that divided opinion but he hit a purple patch that led to a Welsh cap

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

09 April, 2017 11:51
Can't belive anyone is having a go at Stockton, they were three great goals, given some comments I was expecting to see 3 tap ins.

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

09 April, 2017 12:04
Quote:
Higgosboots
Can't belive anyone is having a go at Stockton, they were three great goals, given some comments I was expecting to see 3 tap ins.

As far as I am concerned, aldo would have been delighted to score three like Stockton's yesterday.

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

09 April, 2017 12:20
Norwood had a great game yesterday and I wonder whether he plays better with Stockton rather than Cook!
Is the Norwood- Stockton partnership going to be more productive than Norwood-Cook?

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

09 April, 2017 12:27
Quote:
martyd12
Norwood had a great game yesterday and I wonder whether he plays better with Stockton rather than Cook!
Is the Norwood- Stockton partnership going to be more productive than Norwood-Cook?

Cook is the better finisher, but as a team we look better with Cole, Nors, Connor. They just seem to have an understanding we haven't had up front in a long time. Providing we can score enough goals (and there's plenty to go on yesterday that would say they can) it is the way to go. Cook is still player of season though and if we were to revert to a different formation then I would still put him ahead of Cole.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

09 April, 2017 12:43
just been on the club website to view all the goals from yesterday, some great goals from Stockton and Jennings.. is 9-0 a record victory in the conf/national league?.. connor Jennings quote, "it was a GOOD day all round.".. blimey connor, that's a bit of an understatement, lol.. on the club website, after every game, there is a photo gallery of pics from each game. usually, u get about 30 pics to view. this weekend there are 96 pics, lol..

ps. the goal diff stats in the prediction league took a hammering yesterday, lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2017 12:48 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author

09 April, 2017 12:56
Equals the record I think hkr.

MESSAGES->author

09 April, 2017 13:00
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Equals the record I think hkr.

cheers doogie

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

09 April, 2017 13:49
on records, is this the first time 2 players have hit hat-tricks for rovers in a game ?

ChloesDad
ChloesDad (IP Logged)

09 April, 2017 14:02
No, I recall a win 6-2 vs Cambridge in mid 80s when John Clayton and Frank Worthington both netted hat-tricks

MESSAGES->author

09 April, 2017 14:21
Quote:
ChloesDad
No, I recall a win 6-2 vs Cambridge in mid 80s when John Clayton and Frank Worthington both netted hat-tricks

that's correct, I was at that game. frank scored a great free kick in that match.

Briantrfc
Briantrfc (IP Logged)

09 April, 2017 15:22
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
martyd12

Cook is the better finisher, but as a team we look better with Cole, Nors, Connor. They just seem to have an understanding we haven't had up front in a long time. Providing we can score enough goals (and there's plenty to go on yesterday that would say they can) it is the way to go. Cook is still player of season though and if we were to revert to a different formation then I would still put him ahead of Cole.

It might look like they play better together but do you not think its because norwood sees cook as to much competition? When he plays along side cook he prefers to take it on himself to try and shoot instead of been a team player and pass. The next 2 games will be the main test for the entire team.

Aldo40
Aldo40 (IP Logged)

09 April, 2017 15:30
All we can do is win all our remaining games and hope Lincoln slip up. That said what an outstanding performance yesterday, with brilliant hat ricks from Cole & Connor.It is long overdue that we finally gave someone a good hammering and as fans relax for once in the knowledge that the points were well and truly in the bag! Success breeds success and the players will be full of confidence going into the remaining fixtures and playoffs if it works out that way. With the fans now creating a great atmosphere,aided in no small part by the drummers, there seems a real positive vibe around the place which is transmitting itself to the players and getting the best out of them. What also impressed yesterday was the fact that we kept on coming at Solihull and didn't take our foot off the gas resulting in 9 great goals.

MESSAGES->author

09 April, 2017 16:28
what are the chances of chester doing us a massive massive favour this Tuesday? danny holmes scored at the deva yesterday in yorks 2-0 win.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

09 April, 2017 16:41
Quote:
hong kong rover
what are the chances of chester doing us a massive massive favour this Tuesday? danny holmes scored at the deva yesterday in yorks 2-0 win.

What's the bets Chester let them win 10-0 too ....

MESSAGES->author

09 April, 2017 16:52
am just watching the everton v Leicester game and the commentator said what a great sporting weekend we have had on Merseyside , what with the grand national and 5 goals scored in a thoroughly entertaining 1st half here at goodison.. the tw*t didn't mention our 9-0 win.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

09 April, 2017 16:57
Quote:
Cybertron
on records, is this the first time 2 players have hit hat-tricks for rovers in a game ?
Keith Williams and Jimmy Dodd both got hat ricks in a New Year day game against York City in 1958 It was a game played in a mixture of pouring rain and driving sleet.

tattooed toff
tattooed toff (IP Logged)

09 April, 2017 17:40
Quote:
mini_andy
From listening to the interview with Micky, it sounds like Cook isn't playing because he isn't hitting the numbers. I assume that means the little gps trackers they wear, but no idea what it all means!

I think it is a polite way of saying he is not fit. He carries a remarkably large stomach for a professional footballer.

Shaumbra
Shaumbra (IP Logged)

09 April, 2017 18:54
damn, i had 9 nil to tranmere in the prediction league then changed it last minute (Sm151)
(if only) (Sm22)

“Physical reality is actually a mirror: Your physical reality is just a reflection of what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality will not change unless you change first”

MESSAGES->author

09 April, 2017 22:44
Quote:
Briantrfc
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
martyd12

It might look like they play better together but do you not think its because norwood sees cook as to much competition? When he plays along side cook he prefers to take it on himself to try and shoot instead of been a team player and pass. The next 2 games will be the main test for the entire team.
That's certainly possible, but I wouldn't say Norwood ever looked entirely comfortable with any of the guys he played alongside last year either. These last couple of games are the only times I've looked at him and said it really works and looks good. He's always looked like a square peg in a round hole to me before. A good player but one that didn't seem to fit in properly. What was it Gary Johnson said about getting the team right last year - its like trying to make a cake from a load of decent ingredients but without a recipe. Or something like that. You don't truly know what works until it does. Maybe Micky has just stumbled onto the recipe.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

09 April, 2017 22:58
Quote:
martyd12

Not in my opinion.Norwood-Cook every time.

Viking Tranmere
Viking Tranmere (IP Logged)

10 April, 2017 07:27
Stockton is a class apart, and lets face it he needs to be to be picked ahead of Cook. He might have scored 6 or 7 on Saturday if he'd stayed on for the 2nd half.
We may never see a Stockton-Cook combo.

Interesting conundrum for Micky tomorrow night, especially also with Collins and Souza doing so well. Souza I see as a supersub, he is sooo like Bell-Baggio

MESSAGES->author
HalfManHalfBiscan (IP Logged)

10 April, 2017 09:04
Quote:
hong kong rover
am just watching the everton v Leicester game and the commentator said what a great sporting weekend we have had on Merseyside , what with the grand national and 5 goals scored in a thoroughly entertaining 1st half here at goodison.. the tw*t didn't mention our 9-0 win.

I watched it too.
There was an amusing moment when the commentator's microphone picked up an irate Blue Nose who - when the ref booked Baines for basically standing still while a Leicester player ran in to him - uttered the immortal line, "What do you want him to f*****g do, ref? Dissappear? Knob'ead!"
There was a pause before Martin Tyler added, "For those of you at home who picked up some offensive language we apologise..."

I left my heart in Papworth General

Briantrfc
Briantrfc (IP Logged)

10 April, 2017 09:21
I cant believe people are saying stockton to start before cook, the amount of times that lad has got us out the crap, his late goals and one on one skill has been a cut above the rest. I highly doubt stockton could score the goals he has. Im not saying stockton is a bad player because i highly rate him but if cook started on Saturday he would of more than likely taken a match ball home aswell he doesnt get half the appreciation that he deserves, he has been an outstanding part of our team this season along with others.

solihull moors were also extremely poor on Saturday these next to games will be the test for the whole team & we need to get behind every single player!!

For me it has to be norwood-cook to start

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2017 09:31 by Briantrfc.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

10 April, 2017 09:55
Quote:
Briantrfc
I cant believe people are saying stockton to start before cook, the amount of times that lad has got us out the crap, his late goals and one on one skill has been a cut above the rest. I highly doubt stockton could score the goals he has. Im not saying stockton is a bad player because i highly rate him but if cook started on Saturday he would of more than likely taken a match ball home aswell he doesnt get half the appreciation that he deserves, he has been an outstanding part of our team this season along with others.
solihull moors were also extremely poor on Saturday these next to games will be the test for the whole team & we need to get behind every single player!!

+1

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

10 April, 2017 09:57
Quote:
Viking Tranmere
Interesting conundrum for Micky tomorrow night, especially also with Collins and Souza doing so well. Souza I see as a supersub, he is sooo like Bell-Baggio

You mean he plays great every time against Notts County but not against anyone else.tongue sticking out smiley

ADD
ADD (IP Logged)

10 April, 2017 10:07
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Briantrfc

+1
I will eat my hat if he drops Stockton. He and Norwood will start. MM mentioned "not hitting the numbers" several times in his post and seems to set great score by that. Even if he hadn't said that from a man management perspective I just can't see him doing it...

Briantrfc
Briantrfc (IP Logged)

10 April, 2017 11:57
Quote:
ADD
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Briantrfc

+1
I will eat my hat if he drops Stockton. He and Norwood will start. MM mentioned "not hitting the numbers" several times in his post and seems to set great score by that. Even if he hadn't said that from a man management perspective I just can't see him doing it...

I dont think he will drop stockton either but FGR will be a totally different game to what saturdays game against solihull it isnt going to be anywhere near as easy. I still would like to see cook come on just after half time and score the winner then people might appreciate him again.

Miketrfc1
Miketrfc1 (IP Logged)

10 April, 2017 12:47
Andy cook (22 gls)
Barrow, Maidstone, Southport, Aldershot, Woking, Wrexham, North ferriby, Dover, Chester, braintree, Woking, Bromley, Borehamwood, Chester, barrow, North ferriby, braintree, Solihull

Cole stockton (19 gls)
Rotherham, Bournemouth, accrington, Doncaster, Crawley, Barnet, Stoke, Bradford, south park, barrow, Chelmsford city, Dover, Solihull

I think we need to appreciate both strikers actually and stop trying to find floors. Some suggest coles easy goals in easy games . The above suggests not . Cook has been fantastic all season and maybe is feeling the pace but competition is good at this stage of the season

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT (IP Logged)

10 April, 2017 13:29
Up front trio of Stockton Cook and Norwood ATTACK and build the rest round those three😀 don't know it would work but could scare the @#$%& out of some opposition.

Yes we would need two attacking wingers feeding the trio but we need the top spot.

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

10 April, 2017 21:28
If the team is winning, and boy, did we win, why change what is working? Yes of course you can switch with substitutions during a game but why leave Stockton out when he's scoring?
Ok, we can always question the ability of the opposition but you can only play who you are up against. The key thing is of course is to keep on winning. I'm confident we will and having a quality squad right through allows MM to fine tune whenever it's needed.

MESSAGES->author

11 April, 2017 10:20
see that marcus bignot didn't last long at Grimsby. sacked after only 5 months. I wonder if solihull would have him back? they might do after that 9-0 hammering at the weekend.

Eric01 Tranmere

11 April, 2017 13:24
By the way, what's our record for consecutive wins, could we be anywhere near that?

MESSAGES->author
acc928 (IP Logged)

11 April, 2017 15:18
Quote:
Eric01 Tranmere
By the way, what's our record for consecutive wins, could we be anywhere near that?

According to the Tranmere website key facts it is nine league games. In Div 4 1964 and Div 3 1990

Eric01 Tranmere

12 April, 2017 06:57
Quote:
acc928
Quote:
Eric01 Tranmere

According to the Tranmere website key facts it is nine league games. In Div 4 1964 and Div 3 1990

Thanks, maybe we start over again for 10?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net