football
Latest News:

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

Souza
05 April, 2017 15:55
What has happened to Souza? Apparently we signed him till the end of the season at the same time as we signed Collins .
Collins has at least made the bench even if he hasn't played. Souza has not been seen at the club at all! Is he a phantom? Does he exist or has he gone elsewhere? Perhaps to Accrington?

prentonpete1
prentonpete1 (IP Logged)

Re: Souza
05 April, 2017 16:15
On the pitch with Dawson at half time.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

05 April, 2017 16:52
I hope that money MM used to get these 2guys in is not wasted .perhaps it's mickeys secret weapons later on .perhaps not .i just don't get what the point of getting them in was

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

05 April, 2017 16:58
Not 2 sure me self .iv seen him with the other non playing squad at games maybe insider boy could enlighten us ?

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

05 April, 2017 17:37
Yeah , i too have wondered what's going on with him . Saw the Youtube video of his highlights and thought he could be a good prospect , but the only time ive seen him is kicking a ball to Dawson pre match. Be a real shame if it's money squandered but i suppose Micky knows what he's doing and with our recent run of results he may be reluctant to make more changes than necessary . Like to see him play though.

Chris28SWA
Chris28SWA (IP Logged)

05 April, 2017 17:56
We signed them because of the amount of injuries we had, we needed good back up. But the team have not lost since we signed them. And no new injuries. Therefore no reason to bring them in yet. Simple

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

05 April, 2017 20:59
I agree, it would be unfair to play him ahead of others that are doing so well.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

06 April, 2017 09:20
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
I hope that money MM used to get these 2guys in is not wasted .perhaps it's mickeys secret weapons later on .perhaps not .i just don't get what the point of getting them in was

See Micky interview re deadline day, they were basically all that was available and we needed cover. Personally I think very rarely you improvre the squad with signings past pre season and what you do get is either expensive because the club, player or both know your desperate or journey menno one else want. The amount of contact a club gets in the summer from agents and players wanting a trial is unbelievable, it's good to get your business done early and secure your man but you need good contacts or extensive scouting networks to know what you are getting is suitable. For a good few years until MP came in Rovers hierarchy policy on Summer signings was wait til the end and pick whose left over as they are cheap.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

06 April, 2017 12:10
We've won 5 on the bounce since they've signed. Mickey tends to continue with a winning side, minus injuries. So unfortunately their game time will be non existent at the minute.

Let's hope that continues until the end of the season.

pez
pez (IP Logged)

06 April, 2017 12:35
If nothing else it will keep the squad on their toes knowing that there are replacements sitting games out.

Only 100% effort will guarantee a starting place.

Micky has shown that he's not phased by leaving out star players such as Cook who's been benched for the last 2 matches.

It's all about making sure they do enough to keep their places.

This should ensure that nobody slacks off, especially when we're still in with a chance of the title.

On the plus side, I see that Fat Rhead limped off for Lincoln on Monday night, possible ham string injury? That should reduce their options of storming to the finish line unchallenged.

With regards to Sousa, it's always going to be a gamble playing him when the stakes are so high, if he came on and struggled, it could well lead to a defeat and decimate our title chances.

I would imagine that the only way hell get a run out is if Mekki gets injured or were about 4-0 up and cruising?

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

06 April, 2017 12:59
Quote:
pez
If nothing else it will keep the squad on their toes knowing that there are replacements sitting games out.
Only 100% effort will guarantee a starting place.

Micky has shown that he's not phased by leaving out star players such as Cook who's been benched for the last 2 matches.

It's all about making sure they do enough to keep their places.

This should ensure that nobody slacks off, especially when we're still in with a chance of the title.

On the plus side, I see that Fat Rhead limped off for Lincoln on Monday night, possible ham string injury? That should reduce their options of storming to the finish line unchallenged.

With regards to Sousa, it's always going to be a gamble playing him when the stakes are so high, if he came on and struggled, it could well lead to a defeat and decimate our title chances.

I would imagine that the only way hell get a run out is if Mekki gets injured or were about 4-0 up and cruising?

Looking at the Lincoln forum it may not be a good thing for us he is out. A fair fee of them are clamoring for a change in the front 2 for more goals.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

06 April, 2017 19:18
Both the loans lack experience.They could be used off the bench to rest legs in games that were we have a convincing lead but we have not been in that position since they signed.What does it say about Dawsson that he is not seen as sufficient cover.
With Dunn likely to be fit both loans look stranger than the signing of Almond

Fiftyyearsarover

06 April, 2017 19:40
If at the end of the season and these 2have not been used if I was one of the people who had given money to the cause and Dave Higgins who sold his medals to help .I would not be amused just a waste of money it should have been kept for next seasons budget .bit of a panic buy

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

06 April, 2017 20:51
I don't really know what people expected. Good players that will improve us aren't going to be available. So it is squad depth only. In reality, barring more injuries (and Dunn + Dawson are probably ahead of Sousa) it was always more likely a try before you buy arrangement. Always thought the whole thing was a bit pointless.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

06 April, 2017 22:16
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
If at the end of the season and these 2have not been used if I was one of the people who had given money to the cause and Dave Higgins who sold his medals to help .I would not be amused just a waste of money it should have been kept for next seasons budget .bit of a panic buy
We may still need them before the end of the season, either way MM had to get some cover in just in case.

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

06 April, 2017 22:20
Please remind me, has the 'problem' with Souza's work permit or whatever it was been dealt with? I kind of hope so, it makes us look kind of daft if it turns out we can't play him?

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

07 April, 2017 09:07
Eric
You raise an interesting point. I never quite understood why he couldn't play for Accrington but could suddenly play for us!

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)

07 April, 2017 11:14
I think it is because we are not currently a FL club?

bheadlad
bheadlad (IP Logged)

07 April, 2017 16:48
I thought the national league player sign up is later than the league sign up and maybe Accrington just missed the league sign up date .

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

07 April, 2017 17:31
Surly a work permit relates to the right to be employed and so will apply equally regardless of the division.If it was a permit for a hotel employee than it would make no difference whether the job was a BB or a five star hotel

MESSAGES->author
acc928 (IP Logged)

07 April, 2017 18:07
Two interesting articles about the lad

[devachat.freeforums.net]

[accringtonstanley.co.uk]

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

07 April, 2017 19:54
The last part of the second link:

Souza will go into the squad tomorrow, subject to international clearance.

So if they couldn't get it, how can we?

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

07 April, 2017 21:02
I think you are barking up the wrong tree guys. Its not work permit, it is international clearance that was the issue - as the Accy website actually says. Sousa is Portuguese and does not require a work permit as an EU national. However, he was playing in Slovenia prior to signing for Accy. If the paperwork was not completed in time, if there was a problem with the transfer or some other dispute he would not have received the relevant international clearance and so could not be registered for his new team. If this was cleared up after the FL transfer deadline passed, then he presumably wouldn't be allowed to register and play for Accy. The NL doesn't have that transfer window restriction though so I'm assuming that the problem has now been resolved and as he came to a NL club we could register him.

efc0trfc3
efc0trfc3 (IP Logged)

08 April, 2017 08:48
I bought Higgies medals and gave them back to him. They will be put on display in the club shop next season. Half the money went to Mickys fund and half to Higgies preferred charities. I have no objection to how my money was spent by Micky and the club.

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

08 April, 2017 09:24
Nor me.and we won't change a winning side so I'm not bothered if the new guys don't play .!

MESSAGES->author
Rizla (IP Logged)

08 April, 2017 09:45
Quote:
efc0trfc3
I bought Higgies medals and gave them back to him. They will be put on display in the club shop next season. Half the money went to Mickys fund and half to Higgies preferred charities. I have no objection to how my money was spent by Micky and the club.

Spot on that. 👍👏

Yardleys Cat
Yardleys Cat (IP Logged)

08 April, 2017 11:31
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover

When you say 'if I was one of the people,who had given money', it sounds like you didn't give money but voice and opinion for those that did. Strange that. I also think MM is above 'panic buying' and have good faith in him.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

08 April, 2017 12:15
If there's one thing the Palai know about its money and how not to waste it, so I would be pretty sure all is well as far as registration.

Reremnart
Reremnart (IP Logged)

09 April, 2017 08:09
Have to say he did well when he came on yesterday especially in the build up for the last goal. Looked decent to me.

Fiftyyearsarover

09 April, 2017 11:15
To yardleys cat I did indeed contribute to the cause it was the way I worded it so I see where your coming from .well done the guy who bought Dave Higgind medals and give them back to him .well done nice touch

MoanerLesser
853OKG (IP Logged)

09 April, 2017 12:09
Well, I bet there would have been a few ' why didn't we spend the money" whinges ( in fact they had started just before the players were brought in). Even if unused, they provide cover just in case the ridiculous injury situation worsened. There is now a very good squad, so if we are forced into playoffs, then we have players to help change games from off the bench if things are not going to plan with first eleven.

MESSAGES->author
acc928 (IP Logged)

11 April, 2017 10:36
Regarding Souzas contribution, he supplied the pre-assist to ridehalgh before Collins netted, didnt he also win the free kick for Ridehalghs goal.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net