You must be logged in to vote.

50 Votes

Show results

Just bit of fun

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

Re: Poll: End of season
19 March, 2017 11:26
We'll finish in the playoffs, but I can't say weather we'll win them or not, being an optimist, I'll say yes.

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 14:11
I`m still not counting out a good run in and pip Lincoln at the end .

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 20:09
The current side do not look as if they have a good run in them. The best hope of that would be to see Maynard and Dunn fit again but there seems to be no news about their progress of any hint that new faces will be brought in

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 21:25
25 th March Lincoln v FGR hope for draw & Rovers get maximum points, still few twists & turns left before write off season

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 22:22
I know one thing, if we somehow managed to win the league I would be like "How the @#$%& did we manage that"

martyd12
martyd12 (IP Logged)

20 March, 2017 03:28
I think it will be the play offs! We have lost our last 4 attempts to win in the lottery of the play offs so about time we had a change of luck! It is also more than a quarter of a century since we went up a division and I am trying to think if any other team has a comparative record ! We have to break the jinx sometime.

coltran
coltran (IP Logged)

20 March, 2017 09:02
It's also 80 years since we last won any league. (ie the old 3rd Division North).

Stewsydney
Stewsydney (IP Logged)

20 March, 2017 10:23
based on the poll so far we are mostly in the glass half empty camp, hope we can fill the glass up by end of season (Sm128)

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

20 March, 2017 10:36
78% don't think we'll get promoted, with 1/4 of the season left. Blimey, theirs nothing like optimism.

"Where their is faith, their is light and strength"

Not on here!

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

20 March, 2017 11:06
I've got to be honest I don't think we will go up. Not because I'm being overly negative, but because I don't think the players we have available at this point are good enough or are playing well enough. Ther form might change and we might get one or two back in time for the playoffs (which we will make), but until these things happen then I do not think we will win the playoffs because I have seen nothing to suggest we can beat the better sides in this league consistently.

We might of course get the rub of the green and get lucky as well, but at the moment that's the only way I can see us getting promotion. Even if we do start playing well we are still going to need that little bit of luck, because you do to win the playoffs. You can't ever really be overly confident about progressing that way.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

20 March, 2017 11:22
Before the end of the season, we have Wallace, Maynard and Dunn to come back (next week for Dunn I believe), as well as the money being spent on a new signing. It ain't over till the fat lady sings, and she isn't due on stage for a while yet!

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

20 March, 2017 11:44
Great thoughts andy if all this negativity was passed on to the players we certainly wudnt go up .positive thinking until it's impossible .

coltran
coltran (IP Logged)

20 March, 2017 11:46
Its up to the players to prove us wrong and let's hope they do.

20 March, 2017 12:10
We will win the title

Kennel
Kennel (IP Logged)

20 March, 2017 16:22
Quote:
steve mungalls Highlights
We will win the title
Sorry Mungy,to win titles you have got to score goals...simples.

MESSAGES->author

20 March, 2017 16:41
Quote:
mini_andy
Before the end of the season, we have Wallace, Maynard and Dunn to come back (next week for Dunn I believe), as well as the money being spent on a new signing. It ain't over till the fat lady sings, and she isn't due on stage for a while yet!

Full marks for positivity. I haven't seen enough of Dunn to form an opinion yet so I can't say how much he will help. Wallace would help if we use him right, I know others disagree, but history says his injuries linger and we have to have the right people around him. I don't much rate Maynard but he does bring something different and we seem to get more positive results when he's in the team. Not sure that a new signing would have time to settle in and do anything now. We have to click and quickly. It's possible but nothing recently has suggested to me we can get consistent results with this team.

This is basically Brabin's XI from the end of last season, plus Cook and we're still getting Brabinesque performances. That fat lady may not be singing but I can hear her warming up!

20 March, 2017 19:08
Play off loss biggest percentage. You might as well all stay at home for the rest of the season, because your negative attitude is not what we need for the rest of the season. I will be positive for every game in the run in. SWA

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

20 March, 2017 19:10
So will I .

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

20 March, 2017 21:01
Based on current results over Rovers last 12 league games, 6wins, 4 defeats and 2 draws, Rovers are in decent position still, team too inconsistent for me going into playoffs, hope they prove me wrong tho

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

21 March, 2017 06:34
After a completely abject display over two legs going down to Macclesfield 2-1 having taken a draw into the 2nd leg at home I really don't think we can put on any kind of show IF we make the playoffs. Will FG, Lincoln, Dover, Daggers, fear playing us over 2 legs? Doubt it especially as the only side we have beaten in their is Dover. As it stands with 12 games left I don't think the gap we have is sufficient on current form we are looking at a further 20 points to be cpadded from the remaining 12 games, there needs to be a drastic upturn in performance I.e goals being scored, the thing we have really struggled for two seasons at this level now, so there is no likely sudden surge in those. Even the upturn we had when Mellon came in was powered by goals from elsewhere, most of whom are now out injured. Am I right in saying we have scored four goals goals or more only 3 times. For some reason we still glorify are strikers though.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

21 March, 2017 11:58
Again I agree with higgosboots he is spot on .add to what he said add no fight .not organised ,cook the only one who can score goals God help us if he gets injured .we all have opinions and I admire the guys on here for believing we will win the League but don't knock the ones who know we won't .last season after only 2home games I predicted we would finish 6th I was spot on .i have already said no Trophy win spot on and have predicted we will be in the NL next season simply because the players are not good enough .the manager can't organise the side. the injuries have not helped but it's just compounded the problem we might get into the playoffs but we are not organised enough to beat any of the teams over 2legs plus lack of goals .so please don't hammer me for these views there are plenty more who think the same it's just I seen it happening sooner

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

21 March, 2017 16:11
Load of bollocks support the team positively for gods sake.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

21 March, 2017 17:03
It's could also be a load of bollocks to even suggest this bunch can win the League .each to their own view Loyden .i do support the team. for many a year but don't believe in shouting from the rooftops lf you don't believe it's going to happen .like a broken pencil Pointless

Yardleys Cat
Yardleys Cat (IP Logged)

21 March, 2017 17:42
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Again I agree with higgosboots he is spot on .add to what he said add no fight .not organised ,cook the only one who can score goals God help us if he gets injured .we all have opinions and I admire the guys on here for believing we will win the League but don't knock the ones who know we won't .last season after only 2home games I predicted we would finish 6th I was spot on .i have already said no Trophy win spot on and have predicted we will be in the NL next season simply because the players are not good enough .the manager can't organise the side. the injuries have not helped but it's just compounded the problem we might get into the playoffs but we are not organised enough to beat any of the teams over 2legs plus lack of goals .so please don't hammer me for these views there are plenty more who think the same it's just I seen it happening sooner

You really do remind me of the gambler who always mentions his winnings but not his losses. Your 'soothsayer skills' recently predicted a draw in the away game at Chester, and a 2 - 0 home defeat to Barrow in the trophy. I could go but I think you get the drift.

prentonpete1
prentonpete1 (IP Logged)

21 March, 2017 18:00
I'm with fifty yearsarover all the way Norwood couldn't hit a barn door with banjo we lost the chance when the best players got injured it's like moving the deckchairs on the Titanic unless Mellon can find some players from somewhere l can't see us getting out of this league this is coming from a Seventy years aRover whose seen it all before.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

21 March, 2017 18:20
Quote:
Yardleys Cat
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover

You really do remind me of the gambler who always mentions his winnings but not his losses. Your 'soothsayer skills' recently predicted a draw in the away game at Chester, and a 2 - 0 home defeat to Barrow in the trophy. I could go but I think you get the drift.

+1

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

21 March, 2017 18:20
Quote:
Loyden1
Load of bollocks support the team positively for gods sake.

+1

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

21 March, 2017 18:24
Quote:
prentonpete1
I'm with fifty yearsarover all the way Norwood couldn't hit a barn door with banjo we lost the chance when the best players got injured it's like moving the deckchairs on the Titanic unless Mellon can find some players from somewhere l can't see us getting out of this league this is coming from a Seventy years aRover whose seen it all before.

I've been a Wild Rover for many's the Year
And I spend all my money on Whiskey and Beer
And now I'm returning with Gold in great store
And I never will play the Wild Rover no more
And it's no, nay, never
no, nay, never no more
will I play the Wild Rover
no, never no more

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

22 March, 2017 20:49
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
but don't knock the ones who know we won't

You mean those who write stuff as if they can see into the future and are psychic.

To be honest neither you nor anyone knows what will happen until it happens. Tranmere are within touching distance at the moment of top spot, so it's still on, but it will never be easy to do it.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

22 March, 2017 21:42
The game is unpredictable and results can be too. I don't know what the rest of the season holds, if I did there would be little point going to watch games regardless of how it turned out. I still think play-off win is the most likely outcome, but with Lincoln having a couple of losses the door is open just a little. I recall the words of a couple of young lads discussing the game at the turnstiles at Dover who were at the time doing very well "If we turn up we can beat anyone, trouble is you never know if we'll turn up", with the exception of Lincoln I think that is a fair assessment, we are capable of winning against all of the teams left to play.

coltran
coltran (IP Logged)

23 March, 2017 09:34
Quote:
mini_andy
78% don't think we'll get promoted, with 1/4 of the season left. Blimey, theirs nothing like optimism.
"Where their is faith, their is light and strength"

Not on here!

Fans have been asked for their opinion and not their wish. Due to our inconsistency throughout the season, who can blame them.

trfc92
trfc92 (IP Logged)

23 March, 2017 13:21
unbelievable that most fans think that we wont go up, talk about belief. Also I don't understand people saying that this team isn't good enough or certain players aren't good enough. Its all good saying that but the table doesn't lie, they have been good enough to be within a few points of top of the league so why cant we be good enough to win it with 10 games to go? Still lots of twists and turns to go yet but I know for one that I do believe in the team and I will 100% do my part and ensure I support them from the first whistle to the last until that final day of the season and hopefully the rest of the fans can too. Lets get behind them for that final push. SWA

MESSAGES->author
acc928 (IP Logged)

23 March, 2017 16:55
Im thinking not many of our Home support venture away from PP, ask our away supporters where we will be next season and the answer will be League two. Thats why we travel to Gateshead, Guisely, Ferriby, Eastleigh, Woking and Dover to get behind our players whoever they are on the day. So come on PP lets do the business and get behind every single player, we can get up and we can win this league. Trust in MM....

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

23 March, 2017 17:30
Should we bring back the Drummer ?

Prenton oldpup
Prenton oldpup (IP Logged)

23 March, 2017 22:56
We had 3 in the kop against Macclesfield.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

24 March, 2017 07:07
Quote:
Prenton oldpup

I've realised I must be deaf. Thanks for the tip 🙂👍

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

24 March, 2017 17:35
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
Prenton oldpup

Plus two "apprentice" drummers in the Town Paddock! smiling smiley

Loyden1
Loyden1 (IP Logged)

25 March, 2017 09:55
Acc928 and trfc 92 behind you 100%.if evry1 thought like you and me our positivity would shine through to the players and drive them on.keep it going

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

25 March, 2017 22:52
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
Prenton oldpup

No drummers today, or wasn't I listening properly? I thought against Macclesfield they definitely added something. I hope they're there on Tuesday.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

26 March, 2017 23:03
Quote:
Eric01 Tranmere
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
Prenton oldpup

No drummers today, or wasn't I listening properly? I thought against Macclesfield they definitely added something. I hope they're there on Tuesday.

Word on the street is that someone complained about the noise. I have it on good authority that the librarian has banned the culprits.
Talking about atmosphere, there's often a gaseous envelope surrounding the Town Paddock; possibly down to the age of some supporters or the after-effects of consuming a grim reaper burger.

MESSAGES->author
acc928 (IP Logged)

29 March, 2017 10:19
Is this really a true indication that 7 out of ten on this forum think we'll still be in this league next year?

MESSAGES->author

29 March, 2017 10:38
Quote:
acc928
Is this really a true indication that 7 out of ten on this forum think we'll still be in this league next year?

It's not unrealistic really. We are in a three horse title race and we're second favourites. If we don't win we are in another four horse race. We might be favourites for that, but every runner is pretty evenly matched and it will come down to who performs best on that day, not who is better. Unless we win one of those races we will be here next year. 70% chance of still being here is probably about right, sadly.

I think people would be a lot more optimistic if we seemed able to get results other than by grinding them out, or even if we hadn't lost Tollitt who looks the one player who can create that moment of magic.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

29 March, 2017 20:11
I don't see why Tranmere should necessarily be seen as second best. They have the best defense and both of Lincolns top scorers have a combined tally which is only 3 more than Cook has gotten, so I think Tranmere can be seen as equals at least, not forgetting they have gotten 5 more points than Lincoln in the last 10 games,

MESSAGES->author

30 March, 2017 09:27
Quote:
Matt34
I don't see why Tranmere should necessarily be seen as second best. They have the best defense and both of Lincolns top scorers have a combined tally which is only 3 more than Cook has gotten, so I think Tranmere can be seen as equals at least, not forgetting they have gotten 5 more points than Lincoln in the last 10 games,

I said second favourites, not second best. Why? Simple, we effectively need them to drop 4 more points than we do if we are going to win the title. So if we drop 4 (2 draws, win the rest) between now and the end of the season, they need to drop 8. If we drop more, then they have to also. That's the reality at this moment in time. Odds will change though. I can't class us as favourites until we are actually ahead of Lincoln and the game in hand has been played.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

30 March, 2017 22:50
My mistake, you did say second favourites not second best so fair do's.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net