football
Latest News:

Yardleys Cat
Yardleys Cat (IP Logged)

What about the idiot who threw the flare
18 March, 2017 19:28
Personally, I would like to see him named, shamed and banned for life. Not only was it a stupid and dangerous thing to do, it brought play to a halt when Cook was in with half a chance.

Someone must know who he is, so, let's have this absolute cretin identified.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

Re: What about the idiot who threw the flare
18 March, 2017 19:32
Should be banned for life. We were pushing forward with our last real chance and an idiot throws an orange flare into their area. Cook for one was blazing mad. Yet there are still people saying it was no big deal elsewhere.We don't need him or them.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 19:34
Sums up some of the morons who visit Preston Park on a weekly basis, plastic scourers who think there something

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 19:40
Quote:
Higgosboots
Sums up some of the morons who visit Preston Park on a weekly basis, plastic scourers who think there something

Pot scourer definition: a small ball of wire or stiff plastic

Preston Park-Deepdale?

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 19:44
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Higgosboots

Pot scourer definition: a small ball of wire or stiff plastic

Preston Park-Deepdale?

Stiff plastic sounds about right 😅

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 19:51
Did anyone see cook at the final whistle he was livid, he came down and berated the crowd for a minute or so.... he was not happy.

Its a shame i was the other side i may have gotten myself into trouble or hurt if he had been close to me

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 19:58
The flare incident was stupid but it was the lack of flair for ninety minutes that determined the result

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 20:03
Oh dear we are starting to unravel someone must know who they are there was another thrown .was it the Chester game .club could be fined

Fiftyyearsarover

18 March, 2017 20:03
Oh dear we are starting to unravel someone must know who they are there was another thrown .was it the Chester game .club could be fined

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 20:06
It's a bit hypocritical to bemoan the flare today when nothing was said about the flares at Chester; is it because we won at Chester. Only asking.

Yardleys Cat
Yardleys Cat (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 20:13
Irrespective of whether it was hypocritical what is view on the matter?

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 20:37
Obviously a flare that either gets used when we score or detonates on the final whistle

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 22:43
Let's cut to the chase , irrespective of what's happened before , or , our performance today . The Di##head That threw that flare with 1 minute to go , with Cook receiving the ball in the area should be banned for next season . Di##head !!

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 23:11
Quote:
Uglybob
Let's cut to the chase , irrespective of what's happened before , or , our performance today . The Di##head That threw that flare with 1 minute to go , with Cook receiving the ball in the area should be banned for next season . Di##head !!
+1

Yardleys Cat
Yardleys Cat (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 23:23
So Phil65, what is your view on the incident? Put hypocrisy and the performance to one side, tell us what you think about this?

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 23:25
People who throw anything at football matches should be banned for life and that includes flares, coins and bananas, because it's either racist / offensive or downright dangerous, depending on the projectile thrown.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 00:33
Quote:
Matt34
People who throw anything at football matches should be banned for life and that includes flares, coins and bananas, because it's either racist / offensive or downright dangerous, depending on the projectile thrown.
+1

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 07:25
Quote:
Old Rover
Quote:
Matt34
+1

Agree. Maybe I'm simple but what on earth would prompt any one to do such a thing in any circumstance?

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 08:18
The flare was Orange too? Idiot don't even know we play in white and blue 💩

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 08:46
Quote:
Yardleys Cat
So Phil65, what is your view on the incident? Put hypocrisy and the performance to one side, tell us what you think about this?
At the time, I'd want them hung, drawn and quartered; that worries me more, the imbalance in my psyche rather than the severity of the incident. I repeat, where were all the posts when the flares were thrown on to the pitch and let off in the crowd at Chester.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/03/2017 09:09 by Phil65.

Fiftyyearsarover

19 March, 2017 09:30
I suppose in retrospect the flare was the only bright spot of the day .England losing in the rugby was another bummer .bad day alround

Yardleys Cat
Yardleys Cat (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 10:08
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
Yardleys Cat
At the time, I'd want them hung, drawn and quartered; that worries me more, the imbalance in my psyche rather than the severity of the incident. I repeat, where were all the posts when the flares were thrown on to the pitch and let off in the crowd at Chester.

My view on the Chester incident was and is exactly the same as my view on yesterday's incident. Did I post about the Chester incident - no - but I don't think that implies hypocrisy as there are lots of things I do and don't post about. The fact that I didn't post about the Chester incident does not in any way diminish the stupidity of yesterday's incident. In any event, I share your initial sentiments on the appropriate punishment!

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 10:41
Quote:
Yardleys Cat
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
Yardleys Cat

My view on the Chester incident was and is exactly the same as my view on yesterday's incident. Did I post about the Chester incident - no - but I don't think that implies hypocrisy as there are lots of things I do and don't post about. The fact that I didn't post about the Chester incident does not in any way diminish the stupidity of yesterday's incident. In any event, I share your initial sentiments on the appropriate punishment!

+1

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 11:25
We've had a few incidents in the last couple of seasons with 'flares' (are they not technically smoke bombs?).

Are they selling them cheap in Birkenhead market or something?

Fiftyyearsarover

19 March, 2017 11:59
If there was as much flair on the pitch football wise we would be top .flare on the pitch no flair on it

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 12:20
I 've seen it said elsewhere that the culprit received some abuse from those around him.Therefore some know who he is. In this case,he should be shopped and banned.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65 (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 13:00
Quote:
Yardleys Cat
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
Yardleys Cat

My question was generic, hence using the plural "posts", but I can see how it may have come across as being aimed at you. I am of the belief that the difference between the results of the games may have affected some people's outlook or vehemency on the issue. We're not normally reticent in expressing our views; unless the Chester incident was a first!

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 17:02
Quote:
mini_andy
We've had a few incidents in the last couple of seasons with 'flares' (are they not technically smoke bombs?).
Are they selling them cheap in Birkenhead market or something?

(Sm22). Selling....Birkenhead, you mean stealing

WWStandsure
WWStandsure (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 17:44
The culprit was in the centro of the lower kop, the individual came in for massive abuse from many fans around that person, I could not see who it was but possibly it was thrown from one of the stairwell??, just an assumption. I do NOT agree with this kind of action, even in 'releasing frustration' - I hope the idiot reads this, PleasM do NOT repeat this kind of action again, try a ten mile run instead. Or was it just a 'Birthday Present' for Mr Mellon - don't think he had many players staying on to celebrate with him, judging by those who departed quickly after the game......

tranmerepete
tranmerepete (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 19:20
Apart from Cook who was having a go at the whole Kop for the one idiotic moment from one person before Jeff Hughes removed him . The game was lost from poor shoting for 90 mins not from a flare with 30 seconds remaining....

Every ball is a white ball............TRFC

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 20:02
Quote:
tranmerepete
Apart from Cook who was having a go at the whole Kop for the one idiotic moment from one person before Jeff Hughes removed him . The game was lost from poor shoting for 90 mins not from a flare with 30 seconds remaining....

What did you expect him to do? He'd hardly had a sniff of an opportunity all match being marked[often sandwiched] by two big defenders.He was in a good position on this occasion with a decent chance of an equaliser but before he can fully make his attempt on goal,the orange object thrown by one moron deprives him of the chance[and we'll never know whether that would have made a difference].I was mad at what happened from where I sat-I can't imagine how upset and frustrated he would have been There is no way he can be blamed for any instant reaction especially when he wouldn't have a clue who threw it but knew it was one of the sea of faces in front of him.

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 20:05
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
tranmerepete

What did you expect him to do? He'd hardly had a sniff of an opportunity all match being marked[often sandwiched] by two big defenders.He was in a good position on this occasion with a decent chance of an equaliser but before he can fully make his attempt on goal,the orange object thrown by one moron deprives him of the chance[and we'll never know whether that would have made a difference].I was mad at what happened from where I sat-I can't imagine how upset and frustrated he would have been There is no way he can be blamed for any instant reaction especially when he wouldn't have a clue who threw it but knew it was one of the sea of faces in front of him.
+1

tranmerepete
tranmerepete (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 20:54
I would expect a professional footballer not to pick a argument with fans who did not even throw a flare thats what?

Every ball is a white ball............TRFC

Uglybob
Uglybob (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 21:17
Quote:
tranmerepete
I would expect a professional footballer not to pick a argument with fans who did not even throw a flare thats what?
I don't think Cook was picking an argument at all . He saw from the general direction from which the flare was thrown and ( in my eyes ) justifiably angry at the action . Beside maybe contributing to a missed equalizing opportunity , that flare was not a million miles from him . Another 6 foot or so and that could have hit Cook , or , he could well have ran into it . I'm sorry but he is a human being and NOBODY has the right to throw such missiles in his direction . The consequences could have been far worse . Just because you pay an entry fee doesn't give you carte Blanche to do whatever you want . As I said before , whoever did it is a Grade A D##ckhead and shouldn't set foot at any game for at least the next season.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 21:44
Quote:
tranmerepete

The ''whole Kop''? Every one of them?

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 22:19
That's Andy Cook. He's the one that gives it large to the away supporters when he scores. We've all got different temperaments.

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 23:07
Quote:
tranmerepete

I beg to differ on one detail of your post, he was not, I believe having a go at the whole Kop, just the one single person who threw the flair. He was simply expressing his frustration when at a critical moment the game is stopped. I for one stayed back to applaud him. I guess Jeff Hughes guided him away because it was clear that kind of display of frustration was going no where,

Kennel
Kennel (IP Logged)

20 March, 2017 10:28
I beg to differ on one detail of your post, he was not, I believe having a go at the whole Kop, just the one single person who threw the flair. He was simply expressing his frustration when at a critical moment the game is stopped. I for one stayed back to applaud him. I guess Jeff Hughes guided him away because it was clear that kind of display of frustration was going no where,[/quote]+1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net