football
Latest News:

pensbywhite60
pensbywhite60 (IP Logged)

Norwood
18 March, 2017 17:44
What's happened to him ! Is it confidence or was his goal scoring form in previous season a fluke, and as for Mekki he was so unfit and actually crossed 1 decent ball into their area in 74 minutes. They just don't seem to want to attack. Last 3 games suggests we are in this league for another season unless some new faces arrive

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

Re: Norwood
18 March, 2017 17:49
Norwood has a bad attitude is his problem he spent 70 mins sulking as he was out wide. Ridehalgh rightly balled him out 3 or 4 times in the first half for not putting the effort in. There should be no space for that, he needs to remember he's a 5th tier player not a Champions league winner.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 17:51
Is that the hoof beats of Norwood's white knight I can hear charging to his defence...

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 17:53
He should be on the wing, we have no other wingers.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 18:01
Very poor attitude I would move him on he thinks he is to good for the NL .has been a waste of space this season

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 18:12
Forest green binned him due to him sulking about being made to play on the wing

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 18:25
Norwood is a good player but I do think that he has an ego that is greater than his skills level or his importance to the team. It is a test of management to get the best out of him.When. I hear the Cowleys speak one of the things that impresses is that they speak a lot of common sense about man management

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 18:34
Quote:
DevonExile
Norwood is a good player but I do think that he has an ego that is greater than his skills level or his importance to the team. It is a test of management to get the best out of him.When. I hear the Cowleys speak one of the things that impresses is that they speak a lot of common sense about man management

You highlight what is our problem and why the Cowley are successful. We shouldn't have a player who needs "managing". We should have players who fit the ethos of what the managers outlook is. Pl players rule the roost as Chelsea showed last season and Leicester this. At NL very much the manager and team are still bigger than the player. The Cowley bros have a squad of players willing to work for each member of the club and they are very vocal in that along with being vocal about how even the caretaker is part of the drive towards league football.

MESSAGES->author

18 March, 2017 18:48
Quote:
Higgosboots
Quote:
DevonExile

You highlight what is our problem and why the Cowley are successful. We shouldn't have a player who needs "managing". We should have players who fit the ethos of what the managers outlook is. Pl players rule the roost as Chelsea showed last season and Leicester this. At NL very much the manager and team are still bigger than the player. The Cowley bros have a squad of players willing to work for each member of the club and they are very vocal in that along with being vocal about how even the caretaker is part of the drive towards league football.

100%. Egos aren't a bad thing per se. Egos that are way out of proportion with level of talent and that dictate what a player is willing to do, however, are.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 19:15
I know one thing. He was playing in an unfamiliar position in an unfamiliar system. You can debate his attitude until the cows come home.

jonesy792
jonesy792 (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 19:21
Don't think it is helpful to single out a key player for criticism at this stage of the season , esp when most of it is unfair.

Norwood shouldn't be out on the wing. He should be down the middle. A poor tactical decision that may well have cost us today. Norwood is a goal scorer - we need him in the team.

And to address another false claim , not sure being offered a new contract at FGR is being binned.

Let's not put unecessary pressure on players. Promotion push is not over , although some people in here seem to think it is.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 19:26
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Very poor attitude I would move him on he thinks he is to good for the NL .has been a waste of space this season

You're getting really boring now with your personal crusade against one player.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 19:28
I know it wasn't difficult but he was one of our better players today.

the kav
the kav (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 19:49
Not getting offered a new contract when you are a sellable asset is getting binned by any measure you like

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 19:55
Quote:
jonesy792
Don't think it is helpful to single out a key player for criticism at this stage of the season , esp when most of it is unfair.
Norwood shouldn't be out on the wing. He should be down the middle. A poor tactical decision that may well have cost us today. Norwood is a goal scorer - we need him in the team.

And to address another false claim , not sure being offered a new contract at FGR is being binned.

Let's not put unecessary pressure on players. Promotion push is not over , although some people in here seem to think it is.

Your right, that's why I myself criticised the whole lot, (Bar Cook, an after some thought probably Ridehalgh)

Fiftyyearsarover

18 March, 2017 19:57
Ok hootsmon it might be getting boring but the truth often hurts .take your blinkers off 👀.listen to other than my opimion and many think the same way if you honestly think Norwood is good for the club this season then you don't know much about football .you have had a few digs at me over the same thing but I am the one proving to be right .the only good forward is Cook .no Tollitt or Dunn which was our main hope not looking good

Fiftyyearsarover

18 March, 2017 19:57
Ok hootsmon it might be getting boring but the truth often hurts .take your blinkers off 👀.listen to other than my opimion and many think the same way if you honestly think Norwood is good for the club this season then you don't know much about football .you have had a few digs at me over the same thing but I am the one proving to be right .the only good forward is Cook .no Tollitt or Dunn which was our main hope not looking good

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 20:02
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover

I don't know much about football then.But I know a lot more than a few on here.eye rolling smiley

You are the one proving to be right-(Sm83) grinning smiley

trfc-boi
trfc-boi (IP Logged)

18 March, 2017 20:59
Norwood can be frustrating at times, always willing, he's in starting 11 for me !!

AndyMase
AndyMase (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 00:03
Missed game today as in ireland for the rugby so can't comment on attitude. Good player not a good goalscorer in my opinion, last season flattered him as he was taking penalties & was taking them well.
I would gave him in side if attitude right but not as a forward but attacking midfielder

MESSAGES->author
Old Rover (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 00:17
Quote:
Hoots Mon
I know it wasn't difficult but he was one of our better players today.
Sorry don't agree

ming05
ming05 (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 09:18
One player,a team does not make, we need to be a good team, not a team of good players.

nlrover
nlrover (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 09:33
When I seen the teamsheet today, I was confident.
I think from players available, that is our strongest starting XI. Even when all fit I would only swap Tollitt for C Jennings and Duggan for Vaughan.
I think we played OK yesterday without really testing their keeper much. Lincoln also failed when expected to won against an inferior rival so it shows these things can happen.
I thought Mekki's passing was excellent throughout despite not much end product he did look dangerous.
Ihiekwe was MOM though.
I sat in the Kop today instead of the JK. Safe to say I won't be doing that again.

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 10:02
With all fit. I would very much want to see Maynard and Dunn playing together with Tollit they add a pace missing from the current starting eleven and provide for a more flexible set up. I would be tempted to omit Hughes whose impact has fallen away in recent weeks. In the current team no one gets behind defenders and so our attacks are predictable with everything played in front of the opposition and easy to defend against

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

19 March, 2017 10:28
Quote:
DevonExile
With all fit. I would very much want to see Maynard and Dunn playing together with Tollit they add a pace missing from the current starting eleven and provide for a more flexible set up. I would be tempted to omit Hughes whose impact has fallen away in recent weeks. In the current team no one gets behind defenders and so our attacks are predictable with everything played in front of the opposition and easy to defend against

Thought Norwood got beyond the defence yesterday quite a lot, the lack of quality was self apparent though having got their and failed to roll it into Rides a few times who gone on the overlap. Tollit would have shredded them.

MESSAGES->author

19 March, 2017 10:50
Quote:
DevonExile

Hughes is being asked to be the playmaker at the moment. That's not his game and he can't do it consistently. Hughes is a decent footballer but he's primarily a defensive cover guy. If there's movement and quality in front of him he can play the simple ball but he's not going to open any defence up with his range of passing. While Harris brings energy and drive to the midfield he doesn't add much quality and his range of passing is probably even more limited than Hughes. We aren't going to produce much attacking quality with them both in the heart of the midfield and without someone like Tollitt to open teams up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net