football
Latest News:

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

FGR - £2.1m wage bill
03 February, 2017 00:33
[m.gloucestershirelive.co.uk]

Bloody hell. That's more then most league one clubs!

When their owner gets bored, that club is finished.

Also, if they got promoted, due to football league fair play rules (which I don't know the ins and outs of), can they continue spending that much more then they earn (approx £1m)

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

Re: FGR - £2.1m wage bill
03 February, 2017 00:50
In that case they will need to cut back on spending and having glanced at that report, I'd say the first thing they should do is permanently turn off the sprinkler seen in the photograph, as it is clearly a utilities guzzling extravagance that is, ironically, bleeding their coffers dry (Sm7)

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

03 February, 2017 12:36
I read somewhere Eastleigh have spent 7 million in the last 5 years

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

03 February, 2017 12:37
Quote:
mini_andy
http://m.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/forest-green-rovers-made-losses-of-nearly-2-5-million-in-2015-16/story-30107550-detail/story.html
Bloody hell. That's more then most league one clubs!

When their owner gets bored, that club is finished.

Also, if they got promoted, due to football league fair play rules (which I don't know the ins and outs of), can they continue spending that much more then they earn (approx £1m)

Think fair play is only the top two tiers

PeteTRFC
PeteTRFC (IP Logged)

03 February, 2017 12:55
I've just had a quick look, and think League One is 60% of income, and League Two is 55%, in which case they would be screwed!

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

03 February, 2017 13:58
I'd imagine they would get around it by claiming the owners company sponsor them £4m a season. Like I said, when he gets board, they're stuffed.

I've no idea how much he's actually worth, but putting £4m in a year can't last forever. Say he's done it for the last 3 seasons, and plans to for the next 2, thats £20m down the pan.

I bet his kids are chuffed!

DevonExile
DevonExile (IP Logged)

03 February, 2017 14:13
History shows that sugar daddy clubs almost always return back to the natural level or even disappear totally

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

03 February, 2017 14:19
Quote:
mini_andy
I'd imagine they would get around it by claiming the owners company sponsor them £4m a season. Like I said, when he gets board, they're stuffed.
I've no idea how much he's actually worth, but putting £4m in a year can't last forever. Say he's done it for the last 3 seasons, and plans to for the next 2, thats £20m down the pan.

I bet his kids are chuffed!
I think he employs his son.
He is currently the subject of a very high profile divorce case. He was married, and divorced some 20 years ago, but the financial side of things was never settled, at the time the were both part of the great unwashed new-age gang, so basically not a pot to p!$$ in, and hence no perceived need to get the clean break drawn up. He clearly did very well for himself (worth about 100million I think) so his ex wants part of that action now, 20 years on. Her demands are about 2 million. It has been in and out of court several times and still rumbles on. In the meantime they have blown around half a million on legal fees, which somewhat ironically he has to pay for both sides.

03 February, 2017 14:22
[www.google.co.uk]

Lessons from history

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

03 February, 2017 14:34
Quote:
PeteTRFC
I've just had a quick look, and think League One is 60% of income, and League Two is 55%, in which case they would be screwed!

Depends how its structure really and what they are committed to. Given they have plans drawn up for new stadia on production he's in it for the long hall. Clubs are a business now if the shares are worth the investment someone else will come along. Look at amazon's business model it's designed to fail, yet its massively successful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2017 14:35 by Higgosboots.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover (IP Logged)

03 February, 2017 14:38
I agree with higgo, he has plans for this new all timber stadium. dale vince could be around for a while yet.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

03 February, 2017 17:24
The difficulty for Rovers is that it's not just FG with cash and access to more of it than Rovers. Fylde are likely to join NL next year, Salford are in the hunt, Eastleigh have cash, Coventry look like they be here soon, plus numerous other sides in NPL SPL who have made intentions clear to rise through the ranks. It could well be the case that we remain a NL side for the remainder of the clubs future and not only that we become a mid table NL side, it's a very realistic possibility.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)

03 February, 2017 17:52
Quote:
Higgosboots
The difficulty for Rovers is that it's not just FG with cash and access to more of it than Rovers. Fylde are likely to join NL next year, Salford are in the hunt, Eastleigh have cash, Coventry look like they be here soon, plus numerous other sides in NPL SPL who have made intentions clear to rise through the ranks. It could well be the case that we remain a NL side for the remainder of the clubs future and not only that we become a mid table NL side, it's a very realistic possibility.

Making intentions to rise through the ranks and actually doing so are two different things. I can't agree at all with your very depressing scenario-chill pills required.

mini_andy
mini_andy (IP Logged)

03 February, 2017 17:54
I don't understand why though? A few years ago he could have bought Tranmere for £6m. An established league 1 club. Other clubs are available for similar money today.

If I had £100m, then I doubt I would give Tranmere £4m a year.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots (IP Logged)

03 February, 2017 18:24
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Higgosboots

Making intentions to rise through the ranks and actually doing so are two different things. I can't agree at all with your very depressing scenario-chill pills required.

My point is as many have said in the past we might have the biggest following but we aren't the most well off. Actually think if the fans excepted the reality of the situation it would lift a lot of pressure on managers, players an owners. There's lots of sides with big cash.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34 (IP Logged)

03 February, 2017 21:15
Quote:
PeteTRFC

I think when the 55% ruling was brought in in league 2, Michel Platini introduced it and said the previous limit which was higher, wasn't causing any financial issue for clubs. So then why make their spending limitations more concise, if the greater limitations were not problematic.

It didn't sound very logical at the time.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Cybertron
Cybertron (IP Logged)

03 February, 2017 21:50
There are examples of clubs that have lived beyond their natural means, Rushden and Diamonds is an example, their ground is now abandoned, but it looks better than many I've visited this season. Pumping huge amounts of cash into a club does not guarantee promotion, Eastleigh and FGR show this to be the case.
I suspect the high wage bill explains why FGR have offloaded so many players recently.

tranmerepete
tranmerepete (IP Logged)

03 February, 2017 22:15
Add Burton on that list. Less than 5000 crowed average in the championship. And I bet a lot of them are away fans. Their chairman was complaining about how many fans are going to watch them today on the bbc.....

Every ball is a white ball............TRFC

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net