football
Latest News:
twitter Totally Tranmere Podcast Website facebook register rules help contact Image Map
Next Game: Hartlepool United (A) - Saturday 13th September 2014 at 3.00pm

New signing
SuperWhiteMike (IP Logged)
01 June, 2012 14:30
According to twitter we have signed a target man. Unfortunately, the link provided sends me to the quite frankly awful trfc mobile site on my iPhone, which hasn't been updated.

Who have we signed?!?

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz39/Journeyman_79/imagejpg1.jpg

Formerly Journeyman79

Re: New signing
Mikey (IP Logged)
01 June, 2012 14:33
Ben Burgess!

If you go to the bottom of the mobile site there's a link to load the desktop site btw, which may help in future!

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac168/total-tranmere/goodison.jpg

Matthew the rover (IP Logged)
01 June, 2012 14:34
Ben Burgess, a centre forward, on a two-year deal. Article should be online shortly

Bonus ball (IP Logged)
01 June, 2012 15:37
Is he not a bit past it ?

Mal Again (IP Logged)
01 June, 2012 16:56
As past it as Aldridge w,as when he join us

TranmereFan (IP Logged)
01 June, 2012 17:12
Makes no sense to me he's a target man not a Goal scorer has a goal ratio of about 1 in 4 . Isnt Enoch already an ideal target man? i thought it was a Goal scorer we needed??

panichat (IP Logged)
01 June, 2012 17:49
I think this is quite a good signing.
I live in Worcestershire now so I've been to quite a few Cheltenham games this season and I've been impressed with Burgess. He deals well with high balls up the middle (laying them off to an actual team-mate rather than vaguely nodding them on) and attacks crosses, corners etc with some accuracy. He seemed fine in League 2. Cheltenham fans were expecting him to join permanently and will be gutted. I just hope it works out for him at a higher level.

Dave

DevonExile (IP Logged)
01 June, 2012 18:24
7 goals in the last 50 odd games does not suggest the 15+eague goals a season striker that we need. I cannot recall seeing him play since his time at Hull but the profile suggest a career in decline.

It may work out but it is not a signing that excites

Runcorn Rover (IP Logged)
01 June, 2012 19:37
The phrase "Who ate all the pies" seemed appropriate the last time I saw him play but at the moment "In Ronnie I trust"

bigmart (IP Logged)
01 June, 2012 20:07
I think he is a decent signing he is the type of target man ronnie likes to use.

With regards to his scoring record hes not prolific but will score goals and lets face it we will struggle to get prolific scorers with our finances.

Matt34 (IP Logged)
01 June, 2012 21:27
Goal ratios are one thing, but assists are another. If he was teeing up other players quite frequently; enough to average 1 in 3 or better on goals and assists I'd be happy with that.

He's experienced and with the right club he could be very beneficial and should hopefully be someone who is not know for becoming a potential half a season player, so barring really bad luck, he should stay pretty fit all season.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net