Latest News:
twitter Totally Tranmere Podcast Website facebook register rules help contact Image Map
Next Rovers Game: Saturday 26th April 2014 - Leyton Orient v Tranmere Rovers in Sky Bet League One at Matchroom Stadium - Kick Off 3.00pm
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Welsh,Buchanan gone.Lets Move on
Posted by: Runcorn Rover (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2012 20:47

The one sure thing at our level of football is that players
will be released,head hunted,loaned and signed in large numbers.
It is a fact of life.TRFC should be proud of its stance in
the current climate where so many clubs are in serious financial problems.
I feel confident that RM will find replacements and we will
have a good squad again next season.
It will be very interesting to see what Westley does at PNE
next year because unless he gets a team of "yes men" and is
near the top he won't last

Re: Welsh,Buchanan gone.Lets Move on
Posted by: tea for two (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2012 00:34

Buchanan looked like he was going to stay and ronnie had hoped he would sign the new 2 year contract and ronnie is not happy but as you say players come and go but at the moment tranmere are losing a lot of players now that welsh has already gone to Preston as well.lets hope ronnie will bring in some decent players and he can plan for next season.

Posted by: Paddockfan (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2012 09:03

It's a fact of life, at all levels of professional football loyalty comes well down the list. First and foremost the players have to look after themselves. They have a limited time to earn money for doing something they love (we assume) and they have to make the most of that time. I think we have to be realistic and be above it all, just say thanks for what you did whilst you were at Prenton Park and move on. I would hope that if we do happen to get a really exceptional player then TRFC would move early in their last season to get an extension. In our squad from last season I couldn't see too many players that fell into that catagory. I'm sure RM will be working hard over the next six weeks to bring in players HE wants, and knows, that will play the way he will be aiming for in the new campaign. Good luck Ronnie, and August can't come quick enough!

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2012 10:19

It's our own fault to some extent.

We should have offered Buchanan a 2 year deal from the off, or extended his deal half way through the season.

There's always going to be Vulchers flying over Prenton Park waiting to pick off decent players for next to nothing, or coaxing them away with the lure of bigger salaries.

I can see why we only offer 12 month deals, just in case they turn out to be flops.

We have obviously learned from the Alan Mahon nightmare and now show extreme caution when it comes to offering players contracts?

Just hope we get some positive news soon.

Posted by: tea for two (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2012 12:12

we have to accept it when tranmere get a good player they will always move onto to other clubs but to lose 2 decent players to one of our rivals stinks .Tranmere will and always be a selling club and they can not compete against the bigger boys when it means they have to sell there quality players.

Posted by: kennel (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2012 13:10

Ronnie must eat humble pie and bring back Joss Labadie NOW.... the lad has so much talent...just a matter of maturity and an encouraging pat on the back now and again.

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2012 13:20

No he mustn't.

Posted by: Bonus ball (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2012 17:19

Sure we'll bring weir back too !! Notachance !!

Date: 25 May, 2012 17:28

Well it was you that was adamant about Buchanan initially.So a pinch of salt sounds suitable for this or any other comment of this nature.

Posted by: Bonus ball (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2012 18:06

And didn't he say he was goin too sign !!!!
Don't shoot the messager

Date: 25 May, 2012 18:15

Well you proclaimed that he did.He didn't personally tell me unlike Paul Stretford re Alan Mahon on another thread.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2012 20:10

Labadie was good, but he still had an attitude sometimes and to be honest he was not Steve Jennings, Dale Jennings or Anthony Kay, the type of player who had more of the talent Labadie hinted at having and would be wanted back tomorrow by quite a lot of people, if the chance came up.

I would have bene happy for him ot stay, but I don't feel gutted he's gone. Ronnie just like Les did could probably find a good cost effective player of his age, released or loaned from a club from the top two divisions, I.E. Baxter and Wallace.

I'm sure Ronnie will find someone new soon enough that fits the bill.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: Runcorn Rover (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2012 21:06

Quote:
Matt34
Labadie was good, but he still had an attitude sometimes and to be honest he was not Steve Jennings, Dale Jennings or Anthony Kay, the type of player who had more of the talent Labadie hinted at having and would be wanted back tomorrow by quite a lot of people, if the chance came up.
I would have bene happy for him ot stay, but I don't feel gutted he's gone. Ronnie just like Les did could probably find a good cost effective player of his age, released or loaned from a club from the top two divisions, I.E. Baxter and Wallace.

I'm sure Ronnie will find someone new soon enough that fits the bill.

Totally agree.I have every faith that RM has the contacts
and the knowledge to build a team that will prove to be
equal to the challenge

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListLog In
Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
CAPTCHA
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net