football
Latest News:
twitter Totally Tranmere Podcast Website facebook register rules help contact Image Map
Next Game: Portsmouth (H) - Saturday 29th November 2014 at 3.00pm

Buchs is signing
Bonus ball (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 16:20
Player off the season David Buchanan, is signing will be sorted within the next few days,

Re: Buchs is signing
SuperWhiteMike (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 16:38
Not that I don't believe you, but how do you know this? Hope you are correct!

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz39/Journeyman_79/imagejpg1.jpg

Formerly Journeyman79

BELMONT (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 20:22
Quote:
Bonus ball
Player off the season David Buchanan, is signing will be sorted within the next few days,

Is this as concrete as Dalglish stating he was not going any where(Sm22)

Bonus ball (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 20:38
Trust me He's signing 2years staying loyal swa, some half decent team were looking him,

philg16 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 09:27
Hes right, Buchanan has signed a 2 year deal.

Great couple of days for the club with Robbo signing and now Buchanan.

We've got a great platform to build on now, just hope Ronnie has got a couple of decent players lined up.

Bonus ball (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 09:34
Hopefully a forward will be signed for the end off next wk, #manintheknow

philg16 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 09:36
an what forward is this??

Bonus ball (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 09:55
Its early days, but it's not Owen lol, on another note buchs turn down Donny, Preston, barnsley, #hero

philg16 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 10:01
I've heard that we're looking at Richards from Port Vale, think hes been their top scorer for the last few seasons.

Fair play to Buchs though, he can obviously see that theres potential in the players we have, an he can see Ronnie is a good manager.

Bonus ball (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 10:38
Tbh,what I have been layed to been leave he loves the SWA and it's a bit off loyalty for the fans you pick him player off the season, #legend

philg16 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 11:48
You still havent said, what forward we're after, ha

Ricci (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 13:05
If this is true I will be delighted. Means with Danny signing the back four is in place, and that to me looks pretty solid.

Marc Richards would be an excellent signing, however with him being a goalscorer and out of contract, there will be many better offers on the table for him I fear.

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 13:38
Quote:
philg16
Hes right, Buchanan has signed a 2 year deal.
Great couple of days for the club with Robbo signing and now Buchanan.

We've got a great platform to build on now, just hope Ronnie has got a couple of decent players lined up.

It's still not on the official site

cabletastic (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 14:01
Neither is the fact that Aldo has quit. Not the fastest to update now are they?

SuperWhiteMike (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 18:25
It's now on Sky Sports website...

[www1.skysports.com]

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz39/Journeyman_79/imagejpg1.jpg

Formerly Journeyman79

bheadlad (IP Logged)
21 May, 2012 20:55
Any problems with buchs resigning as no mention on main website

beb end regular (IP Logged)
23 May, 2012 10:12
sky sports suggest he is now off to preston (and radio city suggest wallace will also be joining them).

It appears that westley is not a coach, but another manager with a huge turnover in players until he hits upon a successful formula.

With Preston's well documented financial position, what odds on them being next into administration?

philg16 (IP Logged)
23 May, 2012 10:28
Apparantly hes had a change of heart. He was all set to be signing for us on a 2 year deal, but he changed his mind apparantly.

Only what I've been told like, so its not gospel, be gutted if both him, an Wallace end up at Preston.

Theyre obviously going for broke this season an hoping they go up, Ridsdale has stated that no one has shown an interest in the players that they made available for transfer, so they wont make any wedge off them.

Still its early days.

Ricci (IP Logged)
23 May, 2012 12:50
Westley was apparently really impressed with us when we beat them 2-1. So impressed it seems he is taking half the team.

Losing Buchs is a blow, no doubt about that.

pez (IP Logged)
23 May, 2012 13:03
Obviously another money motivated move.

Just another harsh reality of football.

Unfortunately were in the bottom half of the financial league so it's going to happen to us every season.

Good luck to him and Welsh, they obviously think Preston is a better club. Only time will tell.

Let's hope Ronnie makes some good new signings and we give them both food for thought by taking 6 points off them next Season.

Let's hope we get some good news on the signing front soon?

philg16 (IP Logged)
23 May, 2012 14:13
Anyone else worried by the lack of transfer activity? I know its only May, but Ronnie hasnt commented much on any activity.

Hopefully we'll see some movements soon....

Deadly Submarine (IP Logged)
23 May, 2012 14:52
It's a blow to lose him as he was OK but he had some extremely below par games as well including a few in a row at times so he is more than replaceable in my opinion.

We want players that want to play for the Club such as Holmes, Taylor and Goodison rather than people who don't regardless what people think of them.

For the record if he has gone for more money then I don't blame him one bit and certainly will not hold that against him... I just don't think he was as good as a lot of others seemed to think last season but that's just my viewpoint.

Deadly Submarine

bheadlad (IP Logged)
23 May, 2012 15:14
I guess he is closer to home,contract and money better.Westly probably promised he is putting together a primotion winning side.Now Ronnie knows who he has we can get on for next season.Maybe he can look at Wa

inwright again

Matt34 (IP Logged)
23 May, 2012 17:11
Westley isn't adequate enough to achieve what that team needs in my opinion. Stevenage have achieved just as much as he would have done by staying, so they haven't suffered, but the wholesale clearout he has intended is partly down to his training ethics alienating people and that is something he should have looked at, because new players could make out as if it's okay to be trained more frequently than many managers would do, but if those players struggle to adapt to the physical axcesses placed on them, there could be more dissention from of them, when a meeting of minds between Westley and his players does not happen point blank, because Westley may expect to be given alll that extra effort without recourse from anyone.

Westley needs to look at why his players underfperformed. His tactics, his mentality towards them, or simply the excesses placed on them. Yes he did the same to the Stevenage players, but he seems ot be someone who isn't very adaptable and comes across when talking about his players as if, the Stevenage way is a blueprint for success, get used to it, but his time so far has been less than fruitful and he needs to reassess his approach to Preston, because Stevenage were a team on the up and bouant, plying like every match was a cup final.

Preston are a team on a potentially downard spiral, who could end up like Bradford if they are not careful and are a team struggling to cope with the financial fallout from a lack of championship football revenues.

As for Buchanan, that does dissapoint me, becasue after being given a fans award and quoting it as a reason to sign, he then shuns the club and seemingly all those people who voted for him.

A bit like your serving local MP who you voted for switching parties, so you feel your vote has been undervalued or even abused to a small extent.

I wish him well, but the main thing is Bakayogo is still present and can play the role and Les proved the quality is around for League 2 standard wages, so Ronnie should be able to replace Buchanan, without too much of an issue.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Bonus ball (IP Logged)
23 May, 2012 18:00
I bet Welsh played a big part in it,

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
23 May, 2012 18:28
Quote:
Matt34
Westley isn't adequate enough to achieve what that team needs in my opinion. Stevenage have achieved just as much as he would have done by staying, so they haven't suffered, but the wholesale clearout he has intended is partly down to his training ethics alienating people and that is something he should have looked at, because new players could make out as if it's okay to be trained more frequently than many managers would do, but if those players struggle to adapt to the physical axcesses placed on them, there could be more dissention from of them, when a meeting of minds between Westley and his players does not happen point blank, because Westley may expect to be given alll that extra effort without recourse from anyone.

I'm sorry but I disagree with virtually all of this post.

Westley needs to look at why his players underfperformed. His tactics, his mentality towards them, or simply the excesses placed on them. Yes he did the same to the Stevenage players, but he seems ot be someone who isn't very adaptable and comes across when talking about his players as if, the Stevenage way is a blueprint for success, get used to it, but his time so far has been less than fruitful and he needs to reassess his approach to Preston, because Stevenage were a team on the up and bouant, plying like every match was a cup final.

Preston are a team on a potentially downard spiral, who could end up like Bradford if they are not careful and are a team struggling to cope with the financial fallout from a lack of championship football revenues.

As for Buchanan, that does dissapoint me, becasue after being given a fans award and quoting it as a reason to sign, he then shuns the club and seemingly all those people who voted for him.

A bit like your serving local MP who you voted for switching parties, so you feel your vote has been undervalued or even abused to a small extent.

I wish him well, but the main thing is Bakayogo is still present and can play the role and Les proved the quality is around for League 2 standard wages, so Ronnie should be able to replace Buchanan, without too much of an issue.

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
23 May, 2012 18:29
Quote:
Bonus ball
Trust me He's signing 2years staying loyal swa, some half decent team were looking him,

Well,we trusted you.

flee (IP Logged)
23 May, 2012 19:47
Get your money on the lilywhites next season. As you see we are having the pick from all the small clubs in the lower leagues ! We are on our way back. Westley is our king. !

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
23 May, 2012 20:22
Quote:
Matt34

2nd attempt-I'm sorry but I disagree with virtually all this post.

pez (IP Logged)
24 May, 2012 08:49
It's still not certain that he has actually signed for them, it's merely paper talk at the moment.

Preston might be in a privileged position of having some financial clout, however, they will still lose games next season. Hopefully 2 of the games they lose will be against us.

Ronnie needs to start building soon, before the likes of Preston poach all our potential signings.

If Buchs does go, then it's a shame, it's by no means a disaster.

At least Ronnie can use the wage saved to bring in another quality defender.

It's always going to happen during every closed season. Other clubs in this division are going through the same situation.

This is just business as usual in football management terms.

Ricci (IP Logged)
24 May, 2012 12:35
Quote:
flee
Get your money on the lilywhites next season. As you see we are having the pick from all the small clubs in the lower leagues ! We are on our way back. Westley is our king. !

I don't think Preston have made any standout signings. They are all average league one players.

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
24 May, 2012 12:57
But they're in Division 1 and the players they are signing are good for that level

Croydonwhite (IP Logged)
24 May, 2012 15:13
I wouldn't call Shane Sherriff an average League 1 player - more a solid League 2 player

Matt34 (IP Logged)
24 May, 2012 20:08
Preston however are apparently trying to get Richard Wright the goalkeeper and as for Buchanan, he was playing for a back 5, (including Fon in that) with an average concession rate of around 1 goal a game, so that is always going to garner interest, when you think about bigger clubs who couldn't do that.

Plus because of Tranmeres wage structure bigger clubs could be getting players that might become rated in the top 4 in that club, but would not necessarily get paid as much as the previous high earners.

You have to wonder if Tranmere were the kind of club who could pay players like Buchanan another £1,000 a week, if he'd still made the move, when the gap between this seasons earnings and the poach earnings, would be a lot less.

Bonus ball (IP Logged)
24 May, 2012 20:22
Welsh played apart in buchs going no doubt about it, !!

Matt34 (IP Logged)
24 May, 2012 20:30
Well there is doubt, because you're coming here talking about what Bakayogo is paid compared to Buchanan and sounding like Mick Horton's new P.A.

If that was true, shame on Welsh for trying to encourage former team mates to jump ship, as that just looks like Welsh dislikes Ronnie and is trying to diss the club, because Buchanan should be allowed to make his own mind up, without outside interference.

Unless that is Welsh was asked for an opnion, because he'd got a little understanding of Preston since he'd signed, in which case he's only doing something honest, but if Welsh was making contact with Buchanan and saying bad things about Tranmere, it's disrespectful to the club, Ronnie and he deserves stick for it.

However whether Welsh spoke to Buchanan prior to the move or not, is only you seemingly speculating, because you've just come here recently and starte to look like an insider, or someone with contacts, but not much evidence of anything yet to back up your credentials, which the the likes of Mikey, Deadly, Jade and Matt Rover have got.

Sincerely nothing intended by this, as I'm not dissing you as a person, just objectively questioning what understanding of Tranmere matters you are claiming to have.

pez (IP Logged)
24 May, 2012 21:26
As I see it, Buchanon's Agent has probably steered this move for his own financial gain.

The player led Tranmere to believe he was going to sign a 2 year deal.Tranmere sorted the paperwork out and sent the contract to Buchanon to sign.

It is probably at this point the agent having seen what Tranmere were offering, approached Preston who were also interested and screwed a better deal for his clients services and making a nice little lump sum for himself for arranging the whole sordid affair.

This decision reeks of Agents intervention,not dissimilar to the Sean Thornton saga years ago.

Unfortunately were not a big money club, and its only natural that clubs with money to spend will pick off all the proven talent in this division.

I have no doubt he has gone for financial gain, but to come out with all the@#$%&about I love Tranmere and then 2 weeks later do this, speaks volumes for his integrity.

All we expect is a bit of respect, I feel that this is a major stab in the back for Tranmere Rovers and their supporters.

If I was Ronnie, I would ban this agent from having any dealings with the club again.

Football Agents are ruining this game! Fact!

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
24 May, 2012 21:54
Quote:
Bonus ball
I bet Welsh played a big part in it,

And your evidence is...................................?

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
24 May, 2012 21:58
I take it that Buchanan is still our employee until 30th June.As he has apparently done the dirty on us,I think we should hold him to the terms of his contract and call him in for training during the last two weeks in June.When he either doesn't turn up or doesn't train properly,I think we should fine him two weeks wages.He's shown two fingers to us,we should reciprocate the gesture.

Ricci (IP Logged)
25 May, 2012 12:39
I must admit that he could have handled it better. The way he left certainly leaves a sour taste. I will look forward to giving him a warm reception at PP next season.

bigal1 (IP Logged)
25 May, 2012 13:19
Football Agents are ruining this game! Fact! lol FACT the players have there own minds the agents dont make them move to other clubs

pez (IP Logged)
25 May, 2012 14:11
Quote:
bigal1
Football Agents are ruining this game! Fact! lol FACT the players have there own minds the agents dont make them move to other clubs

Alan Mahon left Rovers to go to Portugal on the advice of his agent.

Agents have their own agendas, because Buchs was out of contract, the money PNE saved in transfer fees is usually used to tempt the Agent into advising his client to sign for them,this would not have been the case had he stayed at Tranmere!

Feel free to explain why Agents aren't ruining the game bigal1?

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
25 May, 2012 14:37
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes.But Alan Mahon's agent was that lovely delectable man Paul Stretford who had a self confessed loathing and lack of respect for everything and everybody at Tranmere bar Lorraine. He was also Rooney's agent to quote but one.
I think it's laughable to suggest it was anybody else but Buchanan himself who was mainly responsible for the decision to welsh [verb]on the deal that he had verbally agreed with Tranmere.

pez (IP Logged)
25 May, 2012 18:42
[quote Hoots Mon][/quote]

[/quote]

Yes.But Alan Mahon's agent was that lovely delectable man Paul Stretford who had a self confessed loathing and lack of respect for everything and everybody at Tranmere bar Lorraine. He was also Rooney's agent to quote but one.
I think it's laughable to suggest it was anybody else but Buchanan himself who was mainly responsible for the decision to welsh [verb]on the deal that he had verbally agreed with Tranmere.[/quote]

Really? So Buch's sorted the deal with PNE all on his own eh?and his agent got zip out of the deal? Wake up and smell the coffee ffs.

His agent was probably paid by PNE because there was no transfer fee involved thus enabling PNE to give him a bonus for sorting the deal.

Although, if you have another theory for him doing such a controversial u turn, I'd love to hear it!

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
25 May, 2012 19:00
As in most jobs/professions, some agents are worse than others. But what you're saying is that it was all down to the agent and Buchanan was not at fault.An agent is an advisor not a decision maker-it's the player who makes his mind up normally.

Runcorn Rover (IP Logged)
25 May, 2012 19:10
Agents are in football for one main reason.....to make money
for themselves and their prostitutes.It is not in their interest to have their player at one club for too long.Whilst at the top level this generates huge amounts of money it still provides a tidy income at lower levels.

Matt34 (IP Logged)
25 May, 2012 19:18
However regarding Mahon, from what I heard at the time, he was given advice about leaving, from an agent who wasn't his and started talking about better things, which annoyed Aldo and Aldo threatened to drop him unless he re-signed, so Mahon didn't re-sign, hence why that season Tranmere's end of season form dropped, until eventually Aldo was forced to use him.

Aldo could have handled it better and maybe Mahon might have signed something like an extension, with a fee release clause.

It was reckoned a £3,000,000 player left for nothing.

Mahons agent may have orchestrated some part in his leaving, but the initial idea to go on to bigger things was another agents prattle.

However this could be me misinterpreting things.

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
25 May, 2012 20:18
Paul Stretford was Mahon's agent and the only person at the club he had any time for was Lorraine.He was very strong in his condemnation of the club and everybody else at it stating that it was entirely the club's fault that it ended up like it did.

Matt34 (IP Logged)
26 May, 2012 18:07
Oh well I'm not disputing Stretford was Mahaon's agent, but the reports at the time stated Mahon was getting advice from an agent that wasn't his and Aldo couldn't understand why Mahon was listening to some corporate type who wasn't representing him.

However I'm not 100% certain on this, so it could have been Stretford putting in the poison and making Mahon think differently.

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
26 May, 2012 18:16
What I have said came from the horses mouth.

Matt34 (IP Logged)
26 May, 2012 18:50
Fair enough. Though when you say horses mouth, do you mean Stretford or Mahon?

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
26 May, 2012 19:09
Stretford.

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
29 May, 2012 23:09
Now that Laird has signed for Preston,is Buchanan second choice?

pez (IP Logged)
30 May, 2012 09:50
Quote:
Hoots Mon

I hope so! That'd teach him lmao.

Can't believe PNE think they can win League One next season? They seem to be working on the theory that if they can poach enough players from teams that finished above them last season then they will have a winning formula?

They've signed 11 new players up till now. That's going to take a lot of jelling in such a short space of time.

Hopefully they'll fall flat on their faces and finish below us again?

Runcorn Rover (IP Logged)
30 May, 2012 14:05
[s][/s]
Quote:
pez
Quote:
Hoots Mon

I hope so! That'd teach him lmao.

Can't believe PNE think they can win League One next season? They seem to be working on the theory that if they can poach enough players from teams that finished above them last season then they will have a winning formula?

They've signed 11 new players up till now. That's going to take a lot of jelling in such a short space of time.

Hopefully they'll fall flat on their faces and finish below us again?

Westley comes across as a control freak.He must be signing a
whole bunch of yes men to bond his way.Could be very interesting.
Rule 1.The manager is always right.Rule 2.If the manager is wrong Rule 1 applies !
Hope all the non ex Stevenage players know what they are letting themselves in for.

pez (IP Logged)
30 May, 2012 16:35
Not interested in PNE or Westley, I just hope Ronnie manages to match their signings with players of equal or better quality.

Its clear that Ronnie can motivate players, and the way we finished will put us on a good footing for the next campaign, whoever we sign between now and then.

Bonus ball (IP Logged)
30 May, 2012 21:17
@#$%& pne !!! But IMO Buchanan is just as good as laird,

@gony (IP Logged)
30 May, 2012 22:07
funny ald game ! not long back PNE for a couple of seasons where on the verge of the top flight

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
30 May, 2012 23:11
Quote:
Bonus ball
@#$%& pne !!! But IMO Buchanan is just as good as laird,

How many times have you watched Laird? Not nearly as many times as Westley.The reason they signed Buchanan was because they thought Laird was going to a Championship team.

Bonus ball (IP Logged)
31 May, 2012 07:38
Sure when buchanan come here no1 seen him he'll give laird a run for his ££

Matt34 (IP Logged)
01 June, 2012 19:20
Preston won't get the title. They might get the playoffs, but to me Westley is makin the mistake Allan Irvine made at Sheffield Wednesday. Irvine signed 6 players in that Christmas transfer window, said he wanted more and ran out of time.

A few players like Reda Johnson and eventually Gary Madine made sense, but he spent and signed too readily I feel.

I think Westley is making potentially the same mistakes, fuelled by a budget he's never had before and may be letting the financial upsides of a club like Preston, get to his head.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2012 20:34 by Matt34.

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
01 June, 2012 19:33
Westley is replacing numerous players he didn't want with numerous that he does.Time will tell how it works.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net