football
Latest News:
twitter Totally Tranmere Podcast Website facebook register rules help contact Image Map
Next Game: AFC Wimbledon (A) - Saturday 25th October 2014 at 3.00pm

Interesting piece on Steve Claridge
Matt34 (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 22:27
He's certainly got a bit of pace for his age and an eye for goal, scoring two in a playoff match, which could be seen as a pressure kind of match at any level. I wonder if Ronnie would be tempted to give him a pay as you play deal.

He could pay him a nominal fee like £200 a week and a box of Weetabix if he scores ha ha.

Steve Claridge Video

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2012 22:30 by Matt34.

Re: Interesting piece on Steve Claridge
Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 22:41
I trust this is a joke.

bigmart (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 22:58
Im waiting for somebody to say craig curran

philg16 (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 09:28
Genuinely hoping this is an awful attempt at a joke.....

ming05 (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 12:51
well I guess now the real football is over we need to have some sillyness to keep the board going.

Answer NO.

Ricci (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 14:00
Yep we have struggled to score goals all season so lets sign a pundit. Mind you, he is probably a better bet to score than Curran would be.

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 14:49
Not a very good pundit either.

pez (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 20:01
Check out 26 year old Forward Damien Reeves.

Currently playing for Altrincham in the Blue Square Premier.

44 Goals in 42 Appearances.

Apparently out of contract, but attracting the attention of Oldham Athletic.

Just hope Ronnie gets in before they do!

Matt34 (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 20:31
Of course I wasn't being serious.

ming05 (IP Logged)
10 May, 2012 12:20
out of all the football pundits who would you have.

Shearer & lineker for me.

Matt34 (IP Logged)
10 May, 2012 20:33
Linkeker's toe would never hold up. Shearer would have been a decent shout but Clardige is still playing and still fit, so he could possibly score from the first game. Shearer could take a few games to get match fit and sharp, but I like the idea of him.

I think Steve could come into the reserves, becaue it would be interesting for players like Cole, to see a guy more than twice his age, scoring and pushing him pretty hard for 90 minutes and seeing how hard Cole wants a first team place.

The slim possibility that Claridge might get the nod for the bench, with a cheeky 20 minutes at the end of a game, might keep players like Cole, always on their toes.

Then again why not just get him in some kind of advisory capacity, to help strikers progress. Players like McGurk and Cole could benefit from a little more mentoring, from someone who can still net a few and has been there and done it all and Shearer's probably too busy and too expensive to bring in and despite his international experience, Claridge has more games experience and played in many different divisions, which would count in his favour.

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
10 May, 2012 21:55
So you weren't joking then?smiling smiley

Matt34 (IP Logged)
11 May, 2012 20:12
Well about him being in the first team, but after reflection, even in the reserves or in an advisory capacity, wouldn't hurt a few of the younger lads, in terms of pushing them and having something to aspire to and how to have that will to succeed.

Players like Stockton and Mcgurk could do worse than having someone like Claridge to learn something from.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2012 20:15 by Matt34.

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
11 May, 2012 21:53
I agree with Ming's first comment.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net