football
Latest News:
twitter Totally Tranmere Podcast Website facebook register rules help contact Image Map
Next Game: Portsmouth (H) - Saturday 29th November 2014 at 3.00pm

Carlisle/Diamond
davenemm (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 19:47
Clarke Carlisle aged 32 and Zander Diamond 27 will be available end of season. With Ronnie now concerned he may need to bolster the defence these are two players he can afford. Carlisle had been at Northampton on loan and Diamond had been at Oldham .

Re: Carlisle/Diamond
cadburygorilla (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 20:41
carlisle exactly the type of player we need especially if goodison is retiring.

Matt34 (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 20:57
Agreed, he was one of my thoughts a few days ago. oldham couldn't afford Diamond it was reported on Sky sports, so whether Tranmere could do it I don't know.

I'd like to see Ledesma as a possible, though a few championship clubs are reportedly sniffing, but Walsall aren't big time charlies, so he would be affordable and add a bit of spark in the midfield.

Another one I thought of recently was Bryan Hughes. Coleman rated him at Accrington and said he was still good enough for higher level football and he won a league 2 player of the season award in December.

He's played aobut 19-20 games this season scoring 3 times. Assists I don't know, however he did sign in October so was not available for a whole season.

He is currently doing a bit of coaching for them, so whether he could be wiggled into the Tranmere setup I don't know, but if Tranmere offered a few hundred more per week, it migh tempt him and his experience would be good.

He's also Liverpool born, so it would be bringing him back to his roots.

Though he might not be to everyone's liking on here I suspect.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

The Ghost (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 21:03
Carlisle would be a perfect replacement for Goodison. He lacks pace, but has experience and strength in abundance and can score his fair share of goals from set pieces. He's a similar type of player to Goodison in that sense, only younger.

Don't really know a lot about Diamond, but can see he is the right side of 30 and has a lot of SPL experience. Dependant on the apparent fitness issues that hampered his switch to Hearts, I'd give him a shot.

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 23:28
Some people seem to be suggesting every Tom Dick or Harry who's being released already.

Ricci (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 13:04
Carlisle is extremely error prone and has been poor this season, especially when he was at Preston before his loan.
Don't know anything about Diamond.

cadburygorilla (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 16:44
carlisle was motm when we played preston away...

think if goodi does go we need someone like him/chorley/mccombe to replace him...

Matt34 (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 22:36
Leeds released Alex Bruce today. He's been briefly on loan at Huddersfield, but not played much this season.

He has previous here of course but I think his age and playing history may make him either too costly or someone who still wants higher level football, but at least he might be worth a training deal, which might possibly give him something to consider regards any possible future offer, if he was initially not considering anywhere like Tranmere.

I'd be happy to see him in the team, even if realistically only month to month deals or a six monther, until he found a more financially rewarding deal.

He could after a time if he left, be replaced with one of any remaining free players or a loan player.

Certainly worth at least some consideration by Ronnie, I feel.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Matthew the rover (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 09:03
Alex Bruce is a right back. We already have two right-backs under contract for next season, if we take up the option on Danny Holmes' contract. We will not sign another right-back.

bigmart (IP Logged)
03 May, 2012 20:41
I think kay only signed 1 year the same as weir did when he joined.

Deadly Submarine (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 05:41
I was told last night by a Shrewsbury fan that Ian Sharps is stalling on a new contract because they only want to offer him 1 year.

Would anyone have him back? He's 32 apparently so a two year deal wouldn't be too bad.

Deadly Submarine

philg16 (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 08:37
I didnt know Sharps had left.......(Sm52)

04 May, 2012 09:47
Quote:
bigmart
I think kay only signed 1 year the same as weir did when he joined.

Kay stated on Twitter that he signed a two-year deal

bigmart (IP Logged)
04 May, 2012 10:17
Somebody on another site has posted a link from os when we signed Kay saying it was a 1 year deal.

tea for two (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 03:34
i wouldn't bring sharps back he wasn't good enough when he was here last time .I do not know how much money Ronnie will have to spend on new players if he has any.with Tranmere finishing in 12th position.i guess it all depends on where you finish in the league how much money u get.

I Wouldn't bring Clark car lisle in either but maybe if Ben Chorley at leyton Orient it was a shame when we sold him.

mallorcapete (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 05:05
chorley,antony kay,ben futcher,firstb 2 deffo,have trust in ronnie he will sort it

Scott (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 23:12
Alex Bruce is a cb according to Football Manager 2012 and they usually get their facts right smiling smiley

08 May, 2012 11:09
Quote:
bigmart
Somebody on another site has posted a link from os when we signed Kay saying it was a 1 year deal.

[www.tranmererovers.co.uk]

philg16 (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 11:57
Is it true that Diamond has been training with us?

08 May, 2012 12:04
Yeah, Diamond trained with the squad all last week

bigmart (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 21:36
What a bad decision to give kay 2 years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net