football
Latest News:
twitter Totally Tranmere Podcast Website facebook register rules help contact Image Map
Next Game: Oxford United (A) - Saturday 18th October 2014 at 3.00pm

One Year Moore For Ronnie
Total Tranmere (IP Logged)
23 April, 2012 09:30
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/04/2012 16:15 by Deadly Submarine.

Re: One Year Moore For Ronnie
Ingleboro08 (IP Logged)
23 April, 2012 11:33
At least, it should be now a settled summer!

I am expecting a few decent signings now!

The squad should be whittled down, to get rid of Les's dross!

Deadly Submarine (IP Logged)
23 April, 2012 12:15
Have to say I'm disappointed but as I have with every other Manager I will be behind him all the way until the point when the fans hound him out yet again!

Deadly Submarine

spralos baldini (IP Logged)
23 April, 2012 12:38
I'm not sure of the actual figures but I think Ronnie has achieved two thirds of the points available since his come back. If he does that next year he will get 86 points! That should be enough for a play off spot! smileys with beer Fingers crossed.

Ricci (IP Logged)
23 April, 2012 13:56
I think what will go in his favour will the expectation levels will be much lower than when he was last here and had a full summer etc.

He says top half will be the target and if we can add a good cup run in there I would take that.

bigmart (IP Logged)
23 April, 2012 14:17
Excellant news indeed, looking forward to a busy summer of transfer activity hopefully.

Sub, why the constant negative comments about ronnie & our fans? He was hardly hounded out last time or do you think Les should have been given longer?

WaldoTRFC (IP Logged)
23 April, 2012 14:46
Quote:
bigmart
Excellant news indeed, looking forward to a busy summer of transfer activity hopefully.
Sub, why the constant negative comments about ronnie & our fans? He was hardly hounded out last time or do you think Les should have been given longer?

Couldn't agree more! Everyone needs to get 100% behind Ronnie for next season, should never have left us first time round and we'll always be competitive under him. Fans only got on Les's back because they sensibly feared inevitable relegation, if Johnston would have sacked Parry earlier (when he should have) things would never have got so bad for Parry and he would have left on much better terms. Got my season ticket for next season, fancy us to be strong at Prenton Park grinning smiley

23 April, 2012 14:53
There was a time during his last tenure that a lot fans wanted him gone in the middle of one season but he soon proved the idiots wrong and turned us around to the extent that everyone was disappointed when he was sacked.

Lots of Rovers fans have very short memories when it suits.

Deadly Submarine

Mikey (IP Logged)
23 April, 2012 15:43
Obviously you included as far as short memories are concerned, as you moaned about negativity under Les, yet despite RM's turnaround you're one of the most negative on here now.

Yet when he makes a mistake in the future and will deserve some criticism, you'll probably be the first to defend him or something.

Bizarre.

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac168/total-tranmere/goodison.jpg

23 April, 2012 15:47
I will back any Manager in charge and always have done.

As I've said several times before on here (short memories again), I would have liked us to take a look at who was available as an option and who knows maybe we did do that and it turned out that Ronnie was the best option.

Either way, now that the choice has been made I will back Ronnie all the way. The same won't be said for others sadly.

Deadly Submarine

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 23/04/2012 16:08 by Deadly Submarine.

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
23 April, 2012 15:55
Quote:
Deadly Submarine
There was a time during his last tenure that a lot fans wanted him gone in the middle of one season but he soon proved the idiots wrong and turned us around to the extent that everyone was disappointed when he was sacked.
Lots of Rovers fans have very short memories when it suits.

Just because people express a different viewpoint to yourself doesn't make them idiots. And not everyone was disappointed when he was sacked.

23 April, 2012 15:57
No that's true! Peter Johnson clearly wasn'ttongue sticking out smiley

Deadly Submarine

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
23 April, 2012 16:18
Whatever his reasons were-but he was not alone.

23 April, 2012 16:23
Fair enough I can't begin to believe that everyone was disappointed he'd gone and that was definitely the wrong word to use (as was idiots as well)!

Deadly Submarine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/04/2012 16:23 by Deadly Submarine.

TranmereFan (IP Logged)
23 April, 2012 18:21
Great Stuff ! Tranmere are always more positive with Ronnie around the club! always have been! . Its been fantastic since hes been back, i still remember the odd hoof ball game from his last tenure but he always had us finishing in a Top-half position and i'd take that over relegation dog-fights. He knows these lower divisions inside out and seems to have good contacts as we have season long loans for some good players at the moment. That looks set to continue into the next season so its looking good. Season ticket bought already.

Looking forward to a postive season and none of this "know it all" negativity fan with the short memory bringing us down

SWA!

23 April, 2012 18:34
Agreed mate.

The hoofball is terrible at times but it got us to seventh in the League so it is what you might call 'effective'. Winning is more important at the end of the day but it doesn't do much for bums on seats either I guess.

Completely agree with your post though.

Deadly Submarine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/04/2012 18:43 by Deadly Submarine.

stek26 (IP Logged)
23 April, 2012 19:08
Great news,cant wait for next season to begin!
Was always my first choice as manager,cant believe some comments on here saying we should of looked who was available first-absolute nonsense.

Who better than ronnie,he's experienced had success and most of all knows & loves the club inside out.
We'v been fighting relegation ever since he left,the 3 seasons he was here we finished 9th,11th,and 7th just missing out on the playoff on the last day.Then he got the sack for lower attendances,that was a joke,and a complete bluff by the club.Never really did find out why, i heard it was because of the budget cut so i am surprised but glad he's come back.

@gony (IP Logged)
23 April, 2012 21:40
Quote:
Deadly Submarine
I will back any Manager in charge and always have done.
As I've said several times before on here (short memories again), I would have liked us to take a look at who was available as an option and who knows maybe we did do that and it turned out that Ronnie was the best option.

Either way, now that the choice has been made I will back Ronnie all the way. The same won't be said for others sadly.
back to 'what is support' Sub !
To know now we have a manger in place now is good ! will he know enough allready of our players to decide who to keep and who to let go ! having been in a possition to make those choices and bring in some fresh faces old or new .......... is a 12 mnth contract ideal to seeing his ideas through, good or bad ? NOT SURE ! is it all we could offer ? or, all he would commit to ? either Way, Like you Sub I'll back our Manager

ming05 (IP Logged)
23 April, 2012 21:46
Was never a fan of Ronnie and would have prefared another person for the new season but will back whom ever is the manager.

Danny "Main Man" Watkins (IP Logged)
23 April, 2012 23:02
Great news! Would of preferred a manager with a CV similiar to Jose Mourinho's but hey! We cant always get what we want!

23 April, 2012 23:22
Wouldn't we all!!

Deadly Submarine

stek26 (IP Logged)
23 April, 2012 23:45
Cant believe the negativity towards ronnie, so can i ask for those who dont approve of him to list reasons why please cause i am gobsmacked as to why you wouldnt want him as our manager?

Seen a couple of comments on here about us playing the long ball or hoofin it under rm,tell me a team in this league who doesnt do that sometimes!

Maybe we should hire a manager who wants to play flamboyant attacking football on our budget an see were that gets us- oh we tried that with john barnes!!!

24 April, 2012 07:35
Im happy! I just said I was a bit disappointed we hadn't gone for someone fresh and new!

At the end of the day he shouldn't have gone the first time around really.

Deadly Submarine

Lobby Ludd (IP Logged)
24 April, 2012 10:21
Made up with his appointment. Saw OFW while I was renewing my season ticket last week and asked him if Ronnie had signed a 1yr contract. He said he didn't know but hoped so. So hopefully the players support the decision. Under Les we were goimg nowhere but down, hopefully now there will be a renewed spirit in the club. If the Trust takeover goes ahead times will certainly be interesting.

BELMONT (IP Logged)
24 April, 2012 16:12
Quote:
Danny "Main Man" Watkins
Great news! Would of preferred a manager with a CV similiar to Jose Mourinho's but hey! We cant always get what we want!

Could be good with a high profile manager like Jose Mourinho
or his ilk but the likes of those manager`s want one or two things before they would set foot over the threshold a high profile club and more importantly a BIG BAG OF MONEY(other wise known as a bottomless pit of resources)((Sm81)could not find one that looked like an Arab sheikh).
Could not see Mourinho doing the food on the way back from a game on the coach like Les did and other duties beyond that of being Manager no doubt Ronnie now has to do a lot more than just be Manager.
It could and would be better to have Ronnie at this stage but with that elusive BIG BAG OF MONEY at least he knows the league.

tea for two (IP Logged)
24 April, 2012 22:28
its a great appointment to apoint Ronnie as manager for the new season.the man is a living legend and will do very well.
i hope we can bring in some good players and challenge for the play offs thats is the minimum requirement i would think.

ste24yearsafan (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 12:56
I was hoping that the opportunity to rebuild virtually the whole squad would have been quite an incentive for an established name to have shown an interest, whilst I will support RM and hope he continues to do well for us. Acknowledging we probably cannot afford to pay a bigger name manager, I hope he has the contacts we need to negotiate the type of players we need to do well.
Could we afford the likes of Michael Owen on longer term loan to carry on where Aldo left off?

Matt34 (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 19:00
One wuestion remains for me though.

Ronnie was sacked due to needing to save £1,000,000 in cuts, so how was he hired now, when attendances have dropped and therefore revenue stream since then?

Unless Johnson somehow found the money from somewhere to pay him his old salary, he must have taken a cut compared to last time, in which case, why didn't they try to get him to take a small cut last time, so they could still factor him into the clubs plans, instead of blindly getting shut of him?

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

PeteTRFC (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 15:08
Because Barnes came with a vision...

Kop Man Mike (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 19:25
im made up with this appointment. (Sm151)

BELMONT (IP Logged)
28 April, 2012 19:38
Seems having a Physio in charge as manager (Sm22)did Southampton a world of good wonder(Sm55)were ours got it wrong(Sm26)

bigmart (IP Logged)
29 April, 2012 15:37
Quote:
BELMONT
Seems having a Physio in charge as manager (Sm22)did Southampton a world of good wonder(Sm55)were ours got it wrong(Sm26)

That physio also managed before he got the scunthorpe job.

wearetherovers (IP Logged)
29 April, 2012 18:10
nigel atkins played loads of games for us and wigan so he already had large scale experience as a pro before he took up the physio job so he shouldnt be compared to les-johnsons reALIsed he erred with barnes- tried to make up for it with les-which in fairness worked up until early this season-when it became obvious that the change was neccesary to save the season he acted to bring in someone who knew tranmere through and through-sure enough ronnie has turned it round and now we caN LOOK FORWARD WIth optimism-les should always be remembered for the great work he did for tranmere now ronnie can help ensure on the limited budget we have that we wont struggle again next season

BELMONT (IP Logged)
29 April, 2012 19:16
Quote:
bigmart
Quote:
BELMONT

That physio also managed before he got the scunthorpe job.

Hi let `s chill(Sm157) here I know he played 80 odd games for us in goal before moving on into being a Physio and then a Manager.
The statement about Les`s time at the helm was merely tongue in cheek,as for Les good guy gave us lot`s of smiles(Sm6)and laughs with his article`s in the programme about injuries and the Physio room he just made one big mistake after the first season in charge ending with the win at Stockport he should have stepped down and returned to being Physio but as any one on this site if they ever play FIFA 10 or Football Manager on their computers if given the chance would jump at the offer to manage the Super Whites as I would and I would take us all the way to the Prem and after a first year of consolidation
in the Prem onwards and upwards to Europe(Sm30)what next after that World club final play off all of this on Peter Johnson`s budget(Sm22)

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
29 April, 2012 19:26
Quote:
wearetherovers
nigel atkins played loads of games for us and wigan so he already had large scale experience as a pro before he took up the physio job so he shouldnt be compared to les-johnsons reALIsed he erred with barnes- tried to make up for it with les-which in fairness worked up until early this season-when it became obvious that the change was neccesary to save the season he acted to bring in someone who knew tranmere through and through-sure enough ronnie has turned it round and now we caN LOOK FORWARD WIth optimism-les should always be remembered for the great work he did for tranmere now ronnie can help ensure on the limited budget we have that we wont struggle again next season

With regard to Parry,it depends what you mean by 'worked'.IMO he should never have been appointed full time manager at all but he should definitely have gone after Stockport. Unfortunately his ego and stubborness wouldn't let him.

Runcorn Rover (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 18:27
With regard to Parry,it depends what you mean by 'worked'.IMO he should never have been appointed full time manager at all but he should definitely have gone after Stockport. Unfortunately his ego and stubborness wouldn't let him.[/quote]
Agree.Got totally carried away with the Stockport victory.That wasnt a success story it was a survival story.
Les has proved over the last few seasons that he really isn't a good manager.The one sure thing was that he wasnt going to survive.The squad for this season had the potential
for a play off position but Les never got to grips with the
basics.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net