football
Latest News:
twitter Totally Tranmere Podcast Website facebook register rules help contact Image Map
Next Game: Stevenage (H) - Saturday 1st November 2014 at 3.00pm

Trust Meeting Today
Deadly Submarine (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 22:00
Did anyone else from here go at lunchtime today and what did you think?

For those who didn't go to the open meeting there was a presentation by the Trust about their visions for the future including the proposed hotel/leisure development and the redevelopment of the Main Stand including the potential ways of funding such ventures.

My view was that the vision they have cannot be faulted but implementing is the hard part. Fingers crossed it can be done for the good of the Club.

The trust hope to put the slides from their presentation onto their website soon.

Deadly Submarine

Re: Trust Meeting Today
Matt34 (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 23:30
I presume by you comment then, that the Ingleborough scheme will not be a big issue if there's a lot of snags, from the impression I'm getting.

It sounds like if it was for some unexplainable reason ditched, the takeover could still be a big likelihood?

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

bigmart (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 09:04
I didnt attend the meeting but from what ive heard ingleborough plans will be re-submitted shortly.

25 March, 2012 12:40
The trust were asked if the whole set of plans were dependent on Ingleborough going through....

The reply was that there is a plan to proceed should it not go through but that plan is a lot more complicated and they are confident it won't be needed as Ingleborough will go through.

Deadly Submarine

25 March, 2012 15:00
I'm surprised by people's apparent lack of interest in this since it's arguably the most important thing going on at the moment.

Fingers crossed it starts happening soon.

Deadly Submarine

bigmart (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 16:02
Waiting for information to be updated on the trust website.

25 March, 2012 17:32
I will keep my eye out for it as well and let people know!

Deadly Submarine

SuperWhiteMike (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 18:32
I can confirm from a different source what Deadly has said. A friend of mine knows someone high up in the trust (I don't know his name im afraid), but he has apparently said they are not expecting any further complications with Ingleborough!

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz39/Journeyman_79/imagejpg1.jpg

Formerly Journeyman79

Kop Man Mike (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 20:26
whats this trust website ?

Mikey (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 23:52

28 March, 2012 09:34
The slides and information from last Saturday's Trust meeting are now on their website....

Link: Trust Vision and Business Plan

Deadly Submarine

Ricci (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 13:17
Just read through all of that for the first time in detail. The images of Prenton Park with boxes around it etc look brilliant. They have done their homework, credit where its due.

bigmart (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 20:08
It looks very impressive but so far only around 100k has been taken with another 100k pledged and yet the trust are hoping for 500k to possibly agree exclusivity, think they may have there work cut out to make that amount.

MalkinsNobblyKnees (IP Logged)
29 March, 2012 09:08
Excellent presentation. I'm confused about whether they are still accepting the gold / basic "investments" (I put that in inverted commas because I'm not sure what the correct term is - the website talks about gold and silver "option" or "donation" or "investment"). They put a clear deadline last year and I don't think that they ever announced that it had been reopened. The presentation talks about membership but I don't know whether that's the same thing. Does anyone know what's happening there? I didn't have any spare cash at the time of the deadline but now that I do, I feel the need to put it where my mouth is!

PeteTRFC (IP Logged)
29 March, 2012 12:11
Glad to see this is moving forward in the right direction

trolley_thief (IP Logged)
29 March, 2012 12:31
looks really good, very well thought through. unfortunately johnson doesn't seem to be taking them seriously. they don't even know where the cresswell and jennings money went. if johnson were seriously entertaining them as a prospective buyer he would have given them that information even before/if proper due diligence commences.

i suspect johnson has the same concern that most of us do - that the trust simply won't be able to raise sufficient capital and finance to cover thew acquisition of both the club and the debt.

which is a shame because there is a really solid vision there.

Mikey (IP Logged)
29 March, 2012 14:13
Pretty sure you can still join the gold membership scheme thing, just email them and sort it out smiling smiley

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac168/total-tranmere/goodison.jpg

Rob Mackay (IP Logged)
29 March, 2012 14:35
Quote:
MalkinsNobblyKnees
I'm confused about whether they are still accepting the gold / basic "investments" (I put that in inverted commas because I'm not sure what the correct term is - the website talks about gold and silver "option" or "donation" or "investment"). They put a clear deadline last year and I don't think that they ever announced that it had been reopened.

They are still accepting applications. If you check out the website (www.tranmereroverstrust.co.uk) there is an option on the right hand side, something like "Options to pay". Click on that and you can join online. Or e-mail them to pay by cheque or bank transfer.

Matt34 (IP Logged)
29 March, 2012 21:20
Johnson might not want what the money for Jennings and Creswell went, because it might give other clubs an idea of what Tranmere can or can not spend, in the way of extra finance from transfers.

That might affect what someone like Ronnie could do competing for free transfers next season, in relation to other clubs.

trolley_thief (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 12:29
perhaps, but if it was the case that some of that money had gone back into the club then wouldn't we have seen that reflected this year in wage budget etc. Remember Les said he missed out on two non-league strikers in the Jan window because we couldn't meet their wage demands, My strong suspicion is that the money went straight into Johnson's debt and he isn't being open with the Trust because he doesn't think they'll have the financial clout necessary to cover the cost of the club and its debt. I'd love to be proven otherwise, I really would,

Though of course the bottom line is no one on the 'outside' knows until Johnson shows some more of his hand.

Matt34 (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 19:54
Les did get some of the money I think. He tried to spend £100,000 on Ryan Lowe. I'm not sure of the last time a Tranmere manager tried to spend anything credible on a player.

I also don't think players like Fon Williams, Devaney, Raven and Robbo would be here now otherwise. I think at least 1 or 2 would have been unaffordable, if last season budget had still been on offer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net