Latest News:
twitter Totally Tranmere Podcast Website facebook register rules help contact Image Map
Next Rovers Game: Monday 21st April 2014 - Tranmere Rovers v Sheffield United in Sky Bet League One at Prenton Park - Kick Off 3.00pm
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Ronnie
Posted by: Lobby Ludd (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 09:46

Spot on.

Posted by: MalkinsNobblyKnees (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 10:18

Reading through this post, about 90% of posters fall into the "definitely sign Ronnie up now" camp while the rest fall into either "lets make a considered decision and not rush into anything but I think Ronnie probably is the best person" or "I would have preferred to take a gable on a promising young manager but I'm happy with Ronnie".
Stirrers from other clubs please note that at over 100 posts this might be the most agreed-about subject in the history of football forums!

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 10:49

Sorry but the fourth alternative is just ''I would prefer a young progressive manager''. No mention of Ronnie Moore.

Date: 29 March, 2012 10:52

Quote:
pez

What this club needs now is some stability which IMO Ronnie has provided almost instantly. We are looking good and need to build from this.To make wholesale changes during the closed season could be suicidal and to bring in a Young Inexperienced Manager to oversee the whole thing is totally ludicrous.

Ronnie has the credentials for this league
Ronnie has the relevant experience - Fact
Ronnie has the team playing well - Fact
Ronnie has the Boards backing - Fact
Ronnie has the majority of the fans backing - Fact
Ronnie has the ambition to take us forward - Fact

All the above ensure harmony and consistency at the club, a firm foundation to build on and hopefully with a few new additions to our current squad of players, next season we could realistically be pushing for a play off position.

We are currently seeing positive things at Tranmere and to install a Younger Inexperienced Manager would generate so much negativity that I wouldn't even consider it as a viable option!

Again that's only my opinion,but I live in South Wirral not Cloud Cuckoo Land!

Date: 29 March, 2012 10:57

Pez
You say it's your opinion[which it obviously is] but you are very dismissive and contemptuous of any alternative[including my opinion].
The wholesale changes bit is very up in the air no matter who the manager may be because nobody knows how many of the current squad will still be here.

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 13:34

Quote:
Hoots Mon
Pez
You say it's your opinion[which it obviously is] but you are very dismissive and contemptuous of any alternative[including my opinion].
The wholesale changes bit is very up in the air no matter who the manager may be because nobody knows how many of the current squad will still be here.

Wholesale as in : Management Team, Playing Staff , Tactics , Targets etc And all within an 8 week window???

You'd have to employ Clark Kent to manage that lot successfully.

I am not being dismissive, just being realistic in terms of what is and isn't achievable to be fair?

A new manager brings with him uncertainty, some of the current out of contract players might see this as the straw that broke the camels back and leave as a result.

At least with Ronnie they know what they are getting.

Like I said, you are more than welcome to your opinion, I just think we would be better ploughing our efforts and energy into improving on what we've already got in place.

Posted by: Runcorn Rover (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 20:46

Quote:
pez
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Pez

Wholesale as in : Management Team, Playing Staff , Tactics , Targets etc And all within an 8 week window???

You'd have to employ Clark Kent to manage that lot successfully.

I am not being dismissive, just being realistic in terms of what is and isn't achievable to be fair?

A new manager brings with him uncertainty, some of the current out of contract players might see this as the straw that broke the camels back and leave as a result.

At least with Ronnie they know what they are getting.

Like I said, you are more than welcome to your opinion, I just think we would be better ploughing our efforts and energy into improving on what we've already got in place.
Case in point is Westley at Preston.Came with a great reputation and has upset a lot of players and staff with
his approach.He says it's a long term approach but how long
if the results are not being produced.As said by so many on this blog stick with what you know I.e. RM

Date: 29 March, 2012 21:03

Players are almost always reactive rather than proactive to change-Westley has his own methods which suited Stevenage hard work being one of his main attributes.Preston players I would venture to suggest have had things very easy under previous managements and probably don't take kindly to having to work hard for their living.The comparative positions of the two clubs now and a couple of years ago show things in their true perspective.

Date: 29 March, 2012 21:40

Quote:
Hoots Mon
Players are almost always reactive rather than proactive to change-Westley has his own methods which suited Stevenage hard work being one of his main attributes.Preston players I would venture to suggest have had things very easy under previous managements and probably don't take kindly to having to work hard for their living.The comparative positions of the two clubs now and a couple of years ago show things in their true perspective.
Hoots Mon.I doubt whether players are almost always
reactive to change which is a sweeping statement.The main
point has been missed by you.Why risk a change from a person
who knows TRFC,is currently successful and has the support.
Haven't seen too many reactive players at TRFC since RM s
arrival

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 22:26

I doubt Tranmere players would have been reactive to change. It's alledged Devaney didn't appreciate the 4-5-1 system and Goodison knows Ronnnie of old and I doubt ever had lack of respect for him and being Tranmere through and through I don't see any reason why they feel negative towards him.

I could understand one or two being a it worried about keeping their place, or trying to work hard, for the chance to be offered a new deal, as opposed to being shelved, but I doubt Ronnie would have caused any reaction.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Date: 29 March, 2012 23:20

Quote:
Runcorn Rover
Quote:
Hoots Mon
arrival

Players at the end of the day by and large primarily think of themselves and their careers first and the club second like most employees in most jobs. That is why the likes of Preston find somebody like Westley's methods hard to stomach. My previous reply was mainly geared to Runcorns example of Westley and Preston but it applies equally to other clubs.

Date: 30 March, 2012 08:40

Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Runcorn Rover
Quote:
Hoots Mon
arrival

Players at the end of the day by and large primarily think of themselves and their careers first and the club second like most employees in most jobs. That is why the likes of Preston find somebody like Westley's methods hard to stomach. My previous reply was mainly geared to Runcorns example of Westley and Preston but it applies equally to other clubs.
I think I understand what you are trying to say but it doesn't answer the main question of why change manager when
RM is doing a good job and is a known quantity

Posted by: jade-trfc (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 12:53

My main reason for him to stay is currently he is doing nothing wrong you wouldn't sack a man who is unbeatin in 6 games winning 4 of those 6 games also he has virtualy kept us up and in my opinion bringing in an un experianced younger manager is not an option after all tranmere rovers is a buisness qnd I don't think it would be right to make unessary risks

Posted by: Mikey (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 14:11

I agree with everything Jade just said.

It'd be great if we could bring in an Eddie Howe who could take us from the bottom of L1 to the top of the Championship like Howe did with Bournemouth (except it was from L2 to L1) but the chances of that are like 0.00001% and it's just not worth the risk.

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac168/total-tranmere/goodison.jpg

Date: 30 March, 2012 18:35

Quote:
Mikey
0.00001%

You are such an optimist!!!!smiling smiley[:wor kid:]

Posted by: Matthew the rover (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 19:11

Quote:
Runcorn Rover
Why risk a change from a person
who knows TRFC?

What's to say that there isn't a young and successful manager out there however who also knows TRFC inside out. There is one manager out there at least that I can think of like that - Dave Challinor.

I don't think anybody is arguing with the job Ronnie has done so far. He's done terrifically well to turn us round like he has done. However,the problem with Ronnie Moore is that he wasn't the most popular manager during his last spell here. I personally thought he was fantastic - his home record was superb and we were literally moments away from the Play-Offs, he did a great job, he should not have been sacked IMO. But many didn't like him or his style of football, and that's why some people want a change.

My personal opinion is that given the job Ronnie has done so far, it would be very unfair not to offer him the job for next season. That's what I always said with Les. We could never have not offered him another year after Stockport because he did the job he was asked to do.

However, the honeymoon period could end sharply and abruptly before the end of the season, and there are people out there who are saying now they don't particularly want him here next season, and that number would increase once we go on a bad run.

Date: 30 March, 2012 20:45

Quote:
Matthew the rover
Quote:
Runcorn Rover
Why risk a change from a person
who knows TRFC?

What's to say that there isn't a young and successful manager out there however who also knows TRFC inside out. There is one manager out there at least that I can think of like that - Dave Challinor.

I don't think anybody is arguing with the job Ronnie has done so far. He's done terrifically well to turn us round like he has done. However,the problem with Ronnie Moore is that he wasn't the most popular manager during his last spell here. I personally thought he was fantastic - his home record was superb and we were literally moments away from the Play-Offs, he did a great job, he should not have been sacked IMO. But many didn't like him or his style of football, and that's why some people want a change.

My personal opinion is that given the job Ronnie has done so far, it would be very unfair not to offer him the job for next season. That's what I always said with Les. We could never have not offered him another year after Stockport because he did the job he was asked to do.

However, the honeymoon period could end sharply and abruptly before the end of the season, and there are people out there who are saying now they don't particularly want him here next season, and that number would increase once we go on a bad run.
Excellent comments on the whole situation currently involving TRFC.Dave Challinor has done a superb job at Colwyn Bay and now AFC Fylde.Whether he is the right person at the moment for TRFC is questionable.He would be a real
gamble.Who knows what PJ and the board are thinking.These are the people who dismissed RM when he got TRFC within a
couple of minutes of the play offs.Pinky and Perky came in
and we were back to square one.
The next few weeks are going to be very interesting because
if we continue to get the the results RM could also be contacted by other clubs

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListLog In
Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
CAPTCHA
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net