football
Latest News:
twitter Totally Tranmere Podcast Website facebook register rules help contact Image Map
Next Game: Portsmouth (H) - Saturday 29th November 2014 at 3.00pm

Tiryaki Heads to Cambridge on Loan
Total Tranmere (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 15:23
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Tiryaki Loaned to Cambridge
retro jim (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 15:07
Cambridge fan here, is he any good?

pez (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 15:14
That'll be to off-set the wages we have to pay Ryan Brunt.

Hopefully Cambridge will play Muzzy in a 442 formation so Les can see his full potential and where he is going wrong?

SprayItAboutLikeJimHarvey (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 15:14
All we know for sure is that if you leave him up front on his own and lump aimless high balls to him while he's up front on his own and marked by big league one bruisers he's not very effective.
On occasion when he's been given decent balls he's looked like a decent player - good control, layoffs and some surprisingly nifty tricks. Hopefully he'll see more of the ball at the Abbey Stadium and the Cambridge fans can tell us whether he's any good!

Mikey (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 15:15
Quote from Les

Quote:
"With the two lads [Robinson and Enoch Showunmi] coming back and coming on against Oldham they're both in consideration. Where to fit them in, if we do [select them] and whether we change the system..."

So how are we going to change the system if we only have 2 strikers. One is only here for another 3 weeks, the other is yet to complete a game since recovering from injury?! Was that bullsh*t then Les...?

Les also said we have Brunt/Enoch so his chances will be limited; meaning he really is sticking with the 9-0-1 formation.

Stupid move for me, can't be on that much £. Leaves us with few options, what if Brunt/Enoch get injured on Saturday? We have no cover IMO (I really don't see Akins as a central striker and can't see him moving McGurk from LW)

Suppose it's better for Tiryaki to go and play, hopefully he sticks in 4/5 goals and comes back confident and Les will play him up front in 4-4-2... well we can dream.

To the Cambridge fan: I genuinely believe he could score 10-15 goals if he was played regularly up front with a striking partner, we seem to play him on his own about 100 yards from his nearest team mate.

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac168/total-tranmere/goodison.jpg

Re: Tiryaki Heads to Cambridge on Loan
clue-les (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 16:21
9-0-1 ........... I like that!!
100 yards .........That too!
Mikey, I've told you a million times not to exaggerate.

Hope-Les (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 16:29
Tiryaki so isolated at Tranmere up front that it is difficult to tell exactly how good he is? Looked very handy pre-season but has found it hard to adapt to Les Parry's negative and ultimately flawed 4-5-1 formation! A thankless task playing up front fror TRFC!!

Mikey (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 16:39
Well it's not 4-3-3 winking smiley

Matthew the rover (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 16:57
Good chance for him to go and play some games. Hasn't scored a goal since November here so not fussed on him leaving at all, especially if it gives Les the chance to bring somebody else in up front.

pez (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 17:21
Quote:
Matthew the rover
Good chance for him to go and play some games. Hasn't scored a goal since November here so not fussed on him leaving at all, especially if it gives Les the chance to bring somebody else in up front.

To be fair to Muzzy, he was a none league player last season, and to throw him up front on his own is asking a lot.

With regards to bringing someone else in? Don't think that'll be the case.

We've just signed Brunt on loan for another month, I'm guessing the money saved by sending Muzzy out on loan with more than likely be paying Brunt's wages?

welshpool whites (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 20:04
Might have been unlucky playing up front on his bill, but am not sure he was ever good enough and wont be missed by myself. When Enoch was fit before leg break far better player than him just hope he is back to fitness now.

pez (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 20:36
Quote:
welshpool whites
Might have been unlucky playing up front on his bill, but am not sure he was ever good enough and wont be missed by myself. When Enoch was fit before leg break far better player than him just hope he is back to fitness now.

A bit harsh innit? You never know, we might have another Kevin Phillips but we just haven't given the kid a chance?

I reckon he might do well with a regular strike partnership?

The lad is new to League Football, and let's be honest, even seasoned pro's like Robbo have looked distinctly average under the guidance of Les Parry?

PeteTRFC (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 21:13
The problem is that Enoch hasn't been banging them in this season either

bigmart (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 21:45
The bigger problem is enoch hasnt looked fit virtually all season, so unless we bring another striker in then i think this is a bad move especially as weve got such a busy month ahead.

Matt34 (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 23:03
Robbo has looked really potent at times, scoring 1 goal and getting 2 assists in the first 5 games. Brentford quite possibly might have been 0-0 without him.

However it's all about where he's used.

Cambridge I think still have the honour of the best pies in the country don't they, so how will they like the taste of Tiryaki, because given his non-league exploits of the past, he might just persuade Cambridge fans, that their pies are not the tasitest thing around (Sm7).

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

JonnyL (IP Logged)
02 March, 2012 10:29
Good move for the lad. Must be soul destroying playing the isolated striker role week in week out, the ball gets hit at his head so often am surprised he hasnt suffered with concussion.
It wouldnt surprise me one bit if with the right supply and someone to play alongside him he could be a great success. Best of luck to him.

Ricci (IP Logged)
02 March, 2012 14:04
Its like with most strikers we have had under Les. We don't know how good they are becasuse of the role they are required to play.

Hope he does well there.

gazza102 (IP Logged)
02 March, 2012 15:28
At least Tiryaki looked to score goals, would take a shot and would get in the box, neither of which is Enoch's strength. Sorry to see him go as I believe he should be given more of a chance.

02 March, 2012 16:38
well thats what you get when you fail to turn up for the reserves match, named on the team sheet, but no show, thats why sent to cambridge for not following orders,

long live the king

Deadly Submarine (IP Logged)
02 March, 2012 17:57
Quote:
The kings Foot Solider
well thats what you get when you fail to turn up for the reserves match, named on the team sheet, but no show, thats why sent to cambridge for not following orders,
long live the king

I did think it strange that he was named on Tuesday as a starter and then was nowhere to be seen and we only had four subs. I assumed he had been injured in warm-up but couldn't recall if I actually saw him out warming up or not.

For what it's worth he scored a good goal against Scunthorpe but has been appalling in front of goal for the Reserves (people can argue about formation and supply but when he gets the ball he still doesn't finish).

IF (I don't know) the above is true maybe being a football league player as oppose his non league status last season has gone to his head?

Deadly Submarine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2012 18:00 by Deadly Submarine.

Mikey (IP Logged)
02 March, 2012 18:14
Doubt it's a gone to his head thing - more a completely demoralised and drained of confidence thing. In any walk of life its hard to deal with being successful (e.g. scoring goals) to not doing so. Harder to deal with when your manager is making your job umpteen times harder!

As the team sheet is only printed like 1 hr before KO though, surely if he wasn't present 1 hr before KO they'd have changed it...

Not so sure i believe above story tbh.

02 March, 2012 18:17
Perhaps what I wrote there was a bit harsh to be fair.

What is concerning though is that we only had four subs. Regardless of whether the above is true or not, if someone had got injured in the warm-up it seems strange we didn't have a back-up sub there just in case.

Deadly Submarine

welsh rover (IP Logged)
02 March, 2012 18:26
if thats the case then fair play to les. him not turning up is out of order. but from a football point not to happy to see a stricker going out when we are struggling to find the net. was hoping we would go for it tommorrow. but looks like one up front.

pez (IP Logged)
02 March, 2012 20:26
Maybe he wasn't there because he was on his way to Cambridge to sort out his loan move?

I still think he's been loaned out to help fund Ryan Brunt's wage bill for the next month?

PeteTRFC (IP Logged)
02 March, 2012 21:45
you're probably right pez

cadburygorilla (IP Logged)
03 March, 2012 07:19
i sense a falling out with him and les after the collapse of the turkey move.....

garyrov (IP Logged)
03 March, 2012 11:43
sorry to say he stood no chace thrown up front on his own ,as been said he was playing non league last year ,so feel les did not do him any good just playing him on his own i think he will come back a better player ,and a better manager will get him scoring goals (for us i hope )so i say good luck muzzy get the games in score some goals and come back confident ,and lets hope we have a better manager in place on your return i then think you will do ok for the rovers then ,

kennel (IP Logged)
03 March, 2012 16:52
Welsh rover,it's "striker" not stricker....thanks.

welshrover (IP Logged)
03 March, 2012 16:55
no one likes a know it all(Sm125)

03 March, 2012 17:35
He was on his tod up front for Cambs today and it appears he played quite well. Though Forest Green scored 2 quick goals to win the game eventually.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn81/tranmererovers_fan/gloucesterrugby.jpg

mattyj (IP Logged)
03 March, 2012 20:38
I actually quite like Tiryaki. He is completely isolated up front on his own but he looks a very decent player. He holds the ball up well and when on it, he is always looking to do something with it as opposed to letting it get away from him. Some of his touches in games have been sublime but without a partner, we are never going to see how good he is.

Looking forward to him coming back with a new manager who hopefully plays a better formation for him.

welshrover (IP Logged)
03 March, 2012 21:33
he would do better with a partner. he hold the ball up well had a good first touch and plays some good link up stuff. some of his finishing is not up to par tho. but in the hole i would not of let him go out on loan. personally i would play him over enoch. something must of gone on tho. he may of kicked of over not getting his move to turkey. hopefully he will bang them in at cambridge then come back and get the goals to keep us up.

03 March, 2012 22:40
The above is true about the Reserves and we can do without attitudes like that right now so good luck to him whatever happens to him.

Deadly Submarine

mattyj (IP Logged)
04 March, 2012 08:28
I agree about players attitudes but look at it another way. We got an offer from for him and Les was adamant to keep hold of him because we need him. For the player that's a massive confidence boost because you feel wanted, however then he finds himself out of the first team and in the reserves. Wouldn't you feel a little peeved yourself?

Matt34 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2012 20:14
The club wanted a better fee, so I doubt Les was holding out for more money, but more likely Johnson and Mick H.

Kop Man Mike (IP Logged)
05 March, 2012 19:33
do you think Ronnie might bring tiryaki back when his loan ends?

Matt34 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2012 20:37
I would think Ronnie might bring back Tiryaki and return Brunt.

It's possible there would be no money to bring Brunt back anyway, even if Tiryaki stayed put, unless they loaned out Power or Vaulks as well, because now Ronnie has come back, there's a chance he might be getting the same pay scale as he used to get, which was probably more than Les.

PeteTRFC (IP Logged)
05 March, 2012 21:19
I'd bring him back and play him as one of the 2 up front

Matt34 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2012 21:42
Tiryaki scored 3 in 3 earlier in teh season and his second at Scunthorpe was class, plus he's the only player who has scored 2 in match, so he must be up for more consideration.

PeteTRFC (IP Logged)
05 March, 2012 22:02
Exactly, if he doesn't do well in that role then fair emough, loan him out. Someone didn't put an offer in for him because he was crpa did they

Matthew the rover (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 09:04
He's not the only player who's scored two in a match - Akins netted twice vs. Hartlepool

Matt34 (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 17:26
Good call, I'd forgotten that. I think because games with more than 1 Tranmere goal in this season, have been fleeting, I had underestimated an individuals ability to nail 2 in match.

Either that or Akins is the sort of player that does good things sometimes, but doesn't stand out, a reason why Kevin Nolan has never played for England, not that I'm saying Akins is England class or could be, as that's highly unlikely, or he'd be playing top flight football now, or certainly commanding regular games for Huddersfield.

bigmart (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 22:02
Akins was truly awful last night and is a poor player, id rather we played stockton up front than akins.

Matt34 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 23:46
However Akins has has actually gotten 3 goals and 5 assists in all competitions and 2 goals in a match and McGurk has 5 goals and 1 assist, so Akins has helped the team to score 8 goals; more than anybody else.

So there must be some way to get him doing a bit more of the same, because he obviously has something worthwhile to offer, but how much more could he have given now, if Les had used 2 upfront all season?

Admittedly though, I have no answer to the "how do you solve a problem like Akins" conundrum, but technically in terms of scoring related output, he's the most successful player this season.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2012 23:49 by Matt34.

mattyj (IP Logged)
08 March, 2012 22:50
Akins is one of those players that I wish were good but they really aren't. He is a great athlete, will run forever and give you his all, but he is severely lacking in football skill. His control is terrible, always jumps far to early for headers but most importantly he has absolutely no footballing brain. On the wing he isn't that bad but up front, just completely useless.

I agree with the Stockton comment and I'm looking forward to him and Muzzy coming back, I think they both offer far more in that position.

Matt34 (IP Logged)
08 March, 2012 23:34
I admit, Akins is not wonderful, but he has something to offer and if he had not score 2 against Hartlepool, Tranmere would be in the relegation zone now and worse off and no doubt one or more of his assists have been useful in securing goals.

Whatever might happen regards Akins in the summer, he will get some respect from me, for anything he can do to help secure points, like Arnaud Mendy did last season helping to win the Peterborough game.

Tranmere need as many points as possible, so for me anyone helping however much has some use but I will admit, unless 4-4-2 gets him into some sort of potential groove, I'd relieve him come the summer to make way for fresh impetus.

stevo southport (IP Logged)
10 March, 2012 19:43
Muzzie scored winner for Cambridge today (Playing in 4-4-2 )

However taken off in early stage of second half -much to the puzzle of Cambridge fans (early recall !).

PS Good performance today !

10 March, 2012 20:02
Hopefully he can score a few more and make them interested in signing him.

Deadly Submarine

Matt34 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 00:06
Alternatively make Ronnie interested in recalling him, to try and see if he can do more of the same for Tranmere.

He needs a chance to play in Ronnies 4-4-2, to see if he is better than he's looked, or it might just be a case of the one that got away, if he was playing in league 1 in 2-3 years from now and scoring a fairly decent amount of goals.

Ronnie won't want Tiryaki to be the next Dagnall.

Mikey (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 00:54
Quote:
Matt34
Alternatively make Ronnie interested in recalling him, to try and see if he can do more of the same for Tranmere.
He needs a chance to play in Ronnies 4-4-2, to see if he is better than he's looked, or it might just be a case of the one that got away, if he was playing in league 1 in 2-3 years from now and scoring a fairly decent amount of goals.

Ronnie won't want Tiryaki to be the next Dagnall.

Agree, not many players I see and believe in but given an extended run of games with a suitable partner I believe he could play a massive part in the team.

11 March, 2012 08:59
No thanks!

Deadly Submarine

PeteTRFC (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 14:34
I agree that he could help out here

11 March, 2012 15:49
That's if he can be bothered to turn up though?!

Deadly Submarine

bigmart (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 15:55
Quote:
Deadly Submarine
That's if he can be bothered to turn up though?!

So your saying get rid because of one mistake? we need all the players we can get at the moment and he could potentaiily score the goals that keep us up.

11 March, 2012 16:15
A lot of people wouldn't want Sean Thornton or Steve Davies back after 'one mistake' I just don't see how it's any different.

Deadly Submarine

Mikey (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 16:44
Thornton and Davies weren't pushed away by the manager of the club. Muzzy was. Besides there's no confirmation from anyone that he actually failed to turn up, unless I've missed it.

A player used to scoring goals, used to playing 4-4-2. Gets his first pro contract, thinks he's made a step up but footballing wise he'd gone backwards to the dinosaur years.

He came as a striker and Les asked him to play 'long distance running' in the oppositions half on his own, constantly outnumbered and with worse support than Wigan.

It's no wonder he's pished off. A teacher would be pished off if he/she was told to teach something without using any handouts, an OHP, a black/white board etc, just allowed to use their voice.

Deserves his chance under RM in 4-4-2 and then we can finally judge how good he is if he gets a run of games.

EDIT: Not saying what he did was right, but I can see his point. Nothing like Thornton/Davies though.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2012 17:09 by Mikey.

bigmart (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 19:48
The situation with tiryaki is nothing like what happened with davies & thornton

jade-trfc (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 20:08
muzzy has never missed a training session that is fact, and the reason he was loaned out was because he was going to be sat in the reserves

PEZ (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 20:15
Do we know for sure he didn't turn up?

Where did this come from? or is it pure speculation?

Maybe he was on his way to Cambridge to sort out his loan deal?
If you look at the sequence of events, it was announced he had been loaned out at exactly the same time as that reserve game he allegedly didn't turn up for?

If it turns out he's totally innocent, then I think it's a disgrace the way some people on here have been slaughtering him.

Matt34 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 20:16
Thornton was just disrespectful and Davies was to some extent too.

I don't believe Tiryaki would diss people who gave him a chance to play better football, by jerking them around.

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 22:01
Quote:
PEZ
Do we know for sure he didn't turn up?
Where did this come from? or is it pure speculation?

Maybe he was on his way to Cambridge to sort out his loan deal?
If you look at the sequence of events, it was announced he had been loaned out at exactly the same time as that reserve game he allegedly didn't turn up for?

If it turns out he's totally innocent, then I think it's a disgrace the way some people on here have been slaughtering him.

Agreed.

PeteTRFC (IP Logged)
12 March, 2012 12:58
Also imagine someone puts an offer in for you which is rejected, and then you get loaned out anyway

PEZ (IP Logged)
12 March, 2012 15:23
Quote:
PeteTRFC
Also imagine someone puts an offer in for you which is rejected, and then you get loaned out anyway

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there Pete?

Think the suggestions he has thrown his teddy out of the cot are bit unfair without official proof?

I believe he has simply slipped down the pecking order and because Les wanted Brunt to stay for another month, Muzzy has simply been loaned out to off set the extra wage the club incurred for Brunt's services?

Had Cambridge not put in an offer to take him on loan, it may well have been one of the other strikers going out on loan to another club.

This move is probably as basic as trying to balance the books and nothing else?

mattyj (IP Logged)
12 March, 2012 19:39
I can't believe someone is comparing Muzzy situation to that of Thornton and Davies. First of all when Thornton was here we had a good team and were in the Championship. When Davies was here we had a very good team and subsequently finished 7th. Muzzy has played in a team that's under performed all season and he's played up front on his own and to be fair done a good job.

As to his loan I do believe it was to balance the books but in all honesty, I don't understand it as not 2 months ago we were fending off bids from Turkey with Les claiming he was a valuable asset to the team.

I for one am definitely looking forward to his return as for me, he's been the best forward player we've had all season.

HalfManHalfBrewery (IP Logged)
12 March, 2012 21:46
I'd get him back as soon as possible! Played up front on his own chasing long balls all season! He's been loaned out to balance the books but has looked as good as any striker this season! In a 4-4-2 formation he could score far more often and be a valuable member of the side! Ronnie needs to have a good look at this lad! He has the physical presence of Ronnie himself in his hay day and holds the ball up well!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net