Latest News:
twitter Totally Tranmere Podcast Website facebook register rules help contact Image Map
Next Rovers Game: Saturday 26th April 2014 - Leyton Orient v Tranmere Rovers in Sky Bet League One at Matchroom Stadium - Kick Off 3.00pm
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
lateef
Posted by: jade-trfc (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2012 16:28

some of you may not know but his loan deal has now finished

Re: lateef
Posted by: garyrov (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2012 18:43

and les only used him twice both times as a sub ,the mind boggles

Posted by: bigmart (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2012 20:04

Why dont we extend it then?

Posted by: trfcjames (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2012 21:39

he started at bournemouth

Posted by: PeteTRFC (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2012 21:56

what a waste of money

Posted by: SprayItAboutLikeJimHarvey (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2012 10:36

Strange system when you think about it . Depending on the weather and fixtures you might get anything between 2 and 8 games out of one month's wages. You can plan the playing budget on the basis of getting, say, premier league reserve players during the two busiest months of the season - maybe 14 games for only two month's wages.

Posted by: mallorcapete (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2012 12:54

wll done les (not)what a waste lateef was.we have mcgurk,akins,devaney,wallace,all fit and able to play in that position.instead of signing a young untested player-brunt on loan(bet he doesn,t start 3 games while here on loan)we could have got someone experienced here for at least a month.we have some good players,but no tactics if we go behind,and no plan b.what input do summerfield and mcmahon have?we might as well make goody player coach save a wagw and bring a player in.why we need all the coaches and scouts i do not know.talk about jobs for the boys-philpotts,mcmahon,summerfield

Posted by: Ricci (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2012 14:09

Lateef is one of few players we had who can ghost past players and create. Going to be even more of a struggle to score now.

Posted by: HughJarce (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2012 18:03

El Supremo does it to make us think he's a Manager. He knows somthing we don't. My son and I said that when Lateef came and when Brunt arrived they will be benched. Les the idiot.

Date: 14 February, 2012 18:43

Quote:
HughJarce
El Supremo does it to make us think he's a Manager. He knows somthing we don't. My son and I said that when Lateef came and when Brunt arrived they will be benched. Les the idiot.
now now lets not disrepect the man he is so loyle and done a lot for the club lol (Sm22) ie turning us into a league 2 club

Posted by: mallorcapete (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2012 18:52

dont think as bad as results are,we will go down.i think there are at least 4 teams worse than us and many points behind(6 is a lot when you hardly ever win)but les and most of his staff must go the sooner the better.we may have little money,but robbo,goodison,enoch,devaney,buchanan,welsh all experienced pros,cant be taught by les hes never played dont say mourinho,wenger we could train arsenal-real madrid players

Date: 14 February, 2012 19:05

Quote:
mallorcapete
dont think as bad as results are,we will go down.i think there are at least 4 teams worse than us and many points behind(6 is a lot when you hardly ever win)but les and most of his staff must go the sooner the better.we may have little money,but robbo,goodison,enoch,devaney,buchanan,welsh all experienced pros,cant be taught by les hes never played dont say mourinho,wenger we could train arsenal-real madrid players
i wonder if the likes of robbo goody and welsh and the rest do respect les ,i mean it must be hard to sit there and try and understand what he wants from them ,i mean we watch and i cant seem to work out what the hell he is doing ,ie loseing 1-0 takes off a forward puts on a midfield player odd to say the least ,i think most will agree that les is not a manager and never will be and the players must know that as well ,yes as i said and been told the mans loyle the mans done a lot for the club ,well so have many people but were they all made the manager ,that argument dont hold water anymore ,he is hopeless he has no idea and should go now before we get any deeper in the @#$%& ,sorry les you did your best but good god your clueless ,

Posted by: HughJarce (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2012 08:46

I think that is a good point. At the risk of being shouted at I could see what Barnes was trying to do, the difficulty he had was that the players weren't good enough. However with Les I cannot for the life of me see what he trying to do. No creativity and never any Plan B.

Posted by: Matthew the rover (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2012 16:04

We wanted to extend Lateef's loan and Lateef wanted to stay. But we couldn't afford it, West Brom wouldn't agree to our terms.

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2012 21:03

Signed for Bury till end of season,Bury must have more money than us mind you every body has apart from Glasgow Rangers(Sm22)

Date: 21 February, 2012 09:27

Well Bury probably got quite a bit for getting promoted last season, rent their ground out to FC United of Manchester every other week and have sold Ryan Lowe and Mike Jones this season, so yes, I'd imagine they do have more money than us.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2012 21:46

Don't forget Mozika for around £200,000. Knill poached him to Scunthorpe.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Date: 21 February, 2012 21:56

And weve had about £1 million for jennings and creswell.

Date: 21 February, 2012 22:06

Yes, but Bury don't owe an old crock a big old debt do they, so they can use most of what they get. Les can use about 20% if they're lucky.

If Les had the full amount for both players and could spend another £200,000 a season on wages over 5 years, great, but he couldn't.

That would have been good to have nearly another £4,000 a week for squad wages, but it almost certainly didn't happen.

Date: 21 February, 2012 23:21

Quote:
bigmart
And weve had about £1 million for jennings and creswell.

No we haven't. The money for Cresswell is being paid in instalments and we've not received anything like £400,000 for him yet.

We also have to factor for a wage bill which was hit by having to bring in an extra 'keeper on loan in the form of Rachubka, who was not cheap, as well as ground that it seems is in need of constant repair. Add on top of that that I imagine Ingleborough/Woodchurch is costing the club quite a lot, falling attendances etc. That money will have just about covered that. That's why there's nothing left...

Posted by: Mikey (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2012 23:39

800k upfront for Dale, 240k upfront for Cressa and we've had the first installment from appearances I think.

Rachubka was Les' signing, may as well have signed someone inexperienced (and thus cheaper) because the guy was fookin shocking!

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac168/total-tranmere/goodison.jpg

Date: 22 February, 2012 09:40

We got £650,000 up front for Jennings.

oRe: lateef
Posted by: tranmerepete (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2012 14:31

We wasted the whole budget on a keeper that we won one game while he was in goal well done for that. Should have put fletch the cat in.............

Every ball is a white ball............TRFC

Date: 22 February, 2012 21:25

should have at least used our own reserve keeper. Wold have cost us nothing, and given him some good first team experience!

Date: 22 February, 2012 21:32

Matthew, we got £650k for dale £240k for creswell plus 2 installments of £45k for creswell is £980k so we have had nearly a million

Date: 22 February, 2012 22:24

Rachubka wasn't that bad, but why not use Coughlin, because as has been stated before, Les favoured Coughlin over Collister, but hasn't used him, whereas Collister he did use; a player with 1-2 Man Of The Match awards as well.

I wonder if the club are possibly regretting not keeping Collister and canning Coughlin, especially as it would have been cheaper, as Coughlin was finishing his scholar terms and I don't think had signed when Collister got the brush off and Collister was contracted.

Looks like another possible mishap by the board in a similar way to the Curran deal.

Date: 22 February, 2012 22:31

Collister is on non contract with tamworth and has been loaned out to altrincham, i hardly think weve made a mistake getting rid of him.

As for curran we would not have got mutch money for him and lets face it hes done nothing at carlisle.

Date: 23 February, 2012 18:57

No but even if Curran went for around £60,000, that's enough to spend £300 on a couple of new players wages for 2 years, which might just have allowed one or two players with a little added edge to come.

Though yes he might have sold for less, but Tranmere should have still tried, because it's good business sense to try and get what you're entitled to, rather than look like you adopted an attitude of sod it.

I still think Collister was a mistake, he was good against Huddersfield in the 0-0 away draw and got man of the match and I think he did okay with experienced players infront of him and he was good against Everton in Tamworths cup game so I believe, because they only beat Tamwroth with an early one and a late penalty and the goal was reckoned to be pretty darn good, so I doubt he could have done much about it.

The reality is though, if you use the guy but not his successor, it looks like a flakey decision to can him, when you need a backup keeper and won't play the guy you favoured.

The logic of such decision making is perplexing to say the least.

I reckon he might have been a bit like Danny Holmes; the sort of player that was judged a bit too soon.

Curran's compensation, however useful for wages, should still have been sought, by doing things properly and then your board don't look like bozos ,when a young player walks off for nothing. You take the few tens of thousands and do what little you can with it, to help improve your squad, assuming it would have been given in full to Les and not just sidelined to replace some seats, paint some stuff and replace one or two broken office chairs.

Date: 24 February, 2012 21:41

Totally agree about Curran, its no wonder we have no money when we let things like that happen

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListLog In
Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
CAPTCHA
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net