football
Latest News:
twitter Totally Tranmere Podcast Website facebook register rules help contact Image Map
Next Game: Oxford United (A) - Saturday 18th October 2014 at 3.00pm

Tranmere Rovers v Huddersfield Town Match Discussion
Total Tranmere (IP Logged)
27 January, 2012 16:57
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 16:36 by Deadly Submarine.

Re: Tranmere Rovers v Huddersfield Town Match Discussion
bigmart (IP Logged)
27 January, 2012 22:13
a comfortable win for them 2 0

Town Fan Terrier (IP Logged)
28 January, 2012 11:38
Tough match but Town to win 2-1

BELMONT (IP Logged)
28 January, 2012 12:03
Ye of little faith were going to win 2-0 (fingers crossed lucky rabbits foot in pocket do not step on any cracks in the pavements on the way to ground and avoid walking under ladders(Sm163)mind you it all could blow up in my face(Sm80))
Come on you whites and give us a bonus(Sm160) and deliver we need that 2-0 win.

dr.death (IP Logged)
28 January, 2012 13:52
I've gone for 1-0 scrappy backs to wall parked bus home win.
My wife has gone for a Desmond.
My son ever the optimist has gone for a Jordan Rhodes inspired hattrick and a 4-0 thrashing

28 January, 2012 14:05
I can see a good, honest, old fashioned Yorkshire style beating.... I'm affraid to say. 3-0 or 4-1 to the Town.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn81/tranmererovers_fan/gloucesterrugby.jpg

Damien McAleny (IP Logged)
28 January, 2012 17:40
Should have won it by a country mile!Fine performance from start to finish and a 4-1 win wouldn't have flattered Rovers.Well done lads!

jade-trfc (IP Logged)
28 January, 2012 17:44
A great performance today should have won the only disapointment was the parry boo boys we had just got game back to 1-1 against a club who spends 5million a year on wages who were sitting 2nd in the league and have jordon rhodes upfront and started singing we want parry out maybe the should support the manager in a game were we were the better team instead of asking for a new manager he done what the fans wanted he played 442 went for it from start there just trying to find any excuse to have ago
Les parry barmy army

big mustafa (IP Logged)
28 January, 2012 17:47
WE WANT PARRY IN!! Great performance today from the lads?goodison was rock solid(Sm49)

Lobby Ludd (IP Logged)
28 January, 2012 18:19
Real gutsy performance that made a top team look very ordinary. Great perrformance from all the lads but Buchanan stood out for me. Bennet must be the luckiest keeper in the league. Thought the banner boys were out of order. They should have been getting behind the team and leave the protests til after the game.

TranmereFan (IP Logged)
28 January, 2012 18:26
Yeah BOO BOYS were silenced by a great performance! Home fans shouldnt be trying to out do each other? what crazy fans we are! GET BEHIND THE TEAM ! and leave anything else until the end of the game! couldnt believe the amount of negative fans cursing every mistake we made and shouting Les out? WE PLAYED FFIN FANTASTIC!

jade-trfc (IP Logged)
28 January, 2012 18:30
There was nothing to protest about today not many teams can say the were the better team against huddersfield and fans still complain don't get me wrong they got behind the team at times but leave the protest in a match were coming to a crucial part of the season 3/4 wins u can be back challageing so let's give the lads and manager the support he and they need not ask for a manager to be sack when we played great wait till the end of season when it won't cost the club a penny if at the end of season and am not saying it because I love les am saying it because it makes sense he has proved sevral time this season he can do it

welsh rover (IP Logged)
28 January, 2012 19:15
played really well today. have to say les got in right droping talyor and playing a more attacking midfield. with devaney and wallace getting up to help tiryaki. we played higher up the field dident give them time on the ball. dident hit long ball every time and played some nice football. and where really unlucky not to get the three points. so much better to watch and hopfully les will of seen the light and not sit back with three deffencive mifielder from now on. just a shame he dident do it against bury, rochdale ect. but im feeling more positive after today.

BELMONT (IP Logged)
28 January, 2012 19:31
Good overall performance today play like that in the rest of the games and we should climb up thumbs downto mid table it`s just that extra we need 1,A proven striker(Sm148) to convert those chances we had today into goals it`s a slim margin between hitting the side netting and putting in the back of the net.2 A bit of luck in front of the net some of those misses today could have gone in but it was not to be Lady Luck was not sitting on the goal posts being kind to us today.Of course one could say you need part 1(proven striker)to get 2(Lady Luck on your side).
But can not knock the team today just keep it up over the next few weeks and beyond.Oh one last item Mr Ian Goodison(Sm60)did not put a foot wrong today and the back four were on top form(Sm85)today.

Matthew the rover (IP Logged)
28 January, 2012 20:20
We absolutely hammered them and deserved so much more from the game. Midfield worked tirelessly with Wallace in particular shining throughout. The forwards did well, with Devaney looking very bright in the hole, but the likes of Akins and Tiryaki should each have had at least one goal.

Still, we outplayed, out-passed and out-shone one of the best teams in the division, who have far more money than us and one of the leading strikers in England, so we've got to be happy with a point.

tran67 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2012 21:20
Nearly couple of fights in the Kop with the boo boys,or as i called them-MORONS

jade-trfc (IP Logged)
28 January, 2012 21:27
to be fair the boo boys were out of order

Matt34 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2012 23:06
Boo boys are out of order at any occasion. It's uncreative, caveman style drivel.

Either come up with something original or pipe down. It just makes people sound so unintelligent and creatively challenged.

Cracking result and well deserved.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

sincethesummerof69 (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 11:12
What a performance! So unlucky not to win.I would like to think that the Parry out flag and song just as we got back to 1-1 was meant as a bit of a wind up. If it was then it certainly worked as i would quite willingly have set fire to it there and then. I respect people having their view on the subject, i myself cant make my mind up about him but there is a time and a place to let your views be known AND THAT WAS NOT THE RIGHT TIME OR PLACE. To create disharmony amongst the home fans just as we were pushing to score a winner against one of the best teams in the league is nothing short of treason.Utter d***heads!!! If they had carried on there would undoubtedly have been fisticuffs in the Kop as there were quite a few who were not going to let it carry on.Get behind the team - if you want to protest, do it after the game.

bigmart (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 11:28
We played 4-2-3-1 not 4-4-2 and played really well we passed th ball around well harried them into mistakes and deserved to win the game and really should have but failed to convert the chances again.

Wallace had a great game welsh was top drawer as well the defence were excellant with the exception of the goal which should have been avoided. The only downside for me was injury to mcgurk though not sure how bad it was and that we only scored the 1 goal.

The parry out banners and chants wernt down to yesterdays performance they were for the poor performances from the last 3 months or so.

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 12:08
Quote:
Matt34
Boo boys are out of order at any occasion. It's uncreative, caveman style drivel.
Either come up with something original or pipe down. It just makes people sound so unintelligent and creatively challenged.

Wrong-it was a cracking performance but not a cracking result because we deserved and should have had 3 points.People have a right to say what they want if they are paying customers and many recent performances[not yesterday]justify criticism.Your patronising insults of people with differing opinions to yourself are out of order.

jade-trfc (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 12:49
i only said 442 because it looked allot that devany was playing along side muzzy with mcqurk and akins supporting them

stuart 12 (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 12:49
well didnt the boys do les proud yesterday,he played a attacking side and they did, dont think i could fault one person, hope we can play like that for rest of home games at least and may be the odd away i did hear les wasnt too happy in the dressing room he, hit the roof over missed chances ps when i said he hit the roof i dont think it was the roof of the mainstand ha ha just a bit of light humour

HughJarce (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 17:28
Couldnt make the match but has the penny dropped with Les. Different tactics?

bigmart (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 18:15
Quote:
HughJarce
Couldnt make the match but has the penny dropped with Les. Different tactics?

We can only hope so but i wouldnt bet on it yet.

Matt34 (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 20:19
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Matt34

People have a right to say what they want if they are paying customers and many recent performances[not yesterday]justify criticism.Your patronising insults of people with differing opinions to yourself are out of order.

Be real. out of order? The booing is out of order, not me.

People can think differently all they want, because it is their right and I agree with freedom of expression, I'm all for it, but expression of a viewpoint is a key consideration and they would get taken more seriously by the club, if they used intelligent comebacks, because booing is not going to get peoples greivances noticed that much, because it doesn't prove exactly what their beef is, bearing in mind their reasons for booing, might not always be the same week by week, but they could affect the teams performance in doing it.

Expressing a viewpoint works better when you specify what it is your upset with. It might be tactics, it might be someone consistently passing badly, one of your players cheating, or an opposing player who is cheating, or has cheated in previous encounters, or opposing fans shouting bad things, or the referee being poor, as examples, so it's not necessarily the same grievance week in week out, or even the same grievence from fan to fan, because one fan might boo for a different reason to another.

Have differing viewpoints to others, I don't care; have them, but better expression of viewpoints is more potent, because the club are not going to necessarily think, people booing have worthwhile gripes, but rather people who might just be there to antagonise other fans, or react to things they the club don't see as deserivng of critique.

That's why the sites like this exist, for constructive discussion and AGM's exist for constructive debate about the clubs situation and future.

Put it this way, who would Les possibly pay more attention to?

A: One or more fans shouting something like, stop punting the ball and just friggin' pass it around will you.

B: One or more fans going boooo, so he doesn't get what their beef is.

Most people will probably fail to be taken seriously, if their attitude is considered boorish and yob like, therefore booing gets the message across poorly and is a potential waste of time.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

@gony (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 22:09
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Matt34

Wrong-it was a cracking performance but not a cracking result because we deserved and should have had 3 points.People have a right to say what they want if they are paying customers and many recent performances[not yesterday]justify criticism.Your patronising insults of people with differing opinions to yourself are out of order.
Ah come on ! reel your nick in baby ! no need at all for this !
great to reads some possitive comments from some of the lurkers ! please join in more and contribute your views !

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 22:16
[quote @gony]
reel your nick in baby ! quote]

I'm not into fishing(Sm156)

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 22:18
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Matt34

People have a right to say what they want if they are paying customers and many recent performances[not yesterday]justify criticism.Your patronising insults of people with differing opinions to yourself are out of order.

Be real. out of order? The booing is out of order, not me.

People can think differently all they want, because it is their right and I agree with freedom of expression, I'm all for it, but expression of a viewpoint is a key consideration and they would get taken more seriously by the club, if they used intelligent comebacks, because booing is not going to get peoples greivances noticed that much, because it doesn't prove exactly what their beef is, bearing in mind their reasons for booing, might not always be the same week by week, but they could affect the teams performance in doing it.

Expressing a viewpoint works better when you specify what it is your upset with. It might be tactics, it might be someone consistently passing badly, one of your players cheating, or an opposing player who is cheating, or has cheated in previous encounters, or opposing fans shouting bad things, or the referee being poor, as examples, so it's not necessarily the same grievance week in week out, or even the same grievence from fan to fan, because one fan might boo for a different reason to another.

Have differing viewpoints to others, I don't care; have them, but better expression of viewpoints is more potent, because the club are not going to necessarily think, people booing have worthwhile gripes, but rather people who might just be there to antagonise other fans, or react to things they the club don't see as deserivng of critique.

That's why the sites like this exist, for constructive discussion and AGM's exist for constructive debate about the clubs situation and future.

Put it this way, who would Les possibly pay more attention to?

A: One or more fans shouting something like, stop punting the ball and just friggin' pass it around will you.

B: One or more fans going boooo, so he doesn't get what their beef is.

Most people will probably fail to be taken seriously, if their attitude is considered boorish and yob like, therefore booing gets the message across poorly and is a potential waste of time.

Why use one word when ten will do?

@gony (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 22:24
"people not being totally blinkered"
little quizz to see who reads the posts ! who am I quoting ??????

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 22:57
Read on. Then you'll see what you want to see.Another quote?(Sm6)

@gony (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 23:16
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Read on. Then you'll see what you want to see.Another quote?(Sm6)
is that your answer ? can't beleive you never got it right ! as it was what YOU said..........
can't see where anyone used the "see what you want to see.Another quote" ! is it thet bit ? not sure as you never put any quotion marks on it !! mokes a quote a tad week !!!!!

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 23:59
The quizmaster should always know the answers.

JonnyL (IP Logged)
30 January, 2012 08:03
We played well on Saturday, but doesnt that beg the question whay have we not been at that standard in the past dozen or so games? The arguement many of the so called 'boo' boys have is that they believe that this team is capable of so much more and if tactics are developed to draw on the teams strengths we will not look so disjointed.
Before we get too far ahead of ourselves though the fact still remains 1 win in 15 games. If you would have offered me a draw before the game saturday I would have took it but on reflection when leaving the ground I was a little disappointed we didnt take all 3 pts. Wycombe is a massive game as it would seem Yeovil are putting a little run together after changing their manager think they have managed 6 pts from a possible 9 and Rochdale who have also changed their manager have managed 4 pts from a possible 9, while we have managed to amass 2 pts.
While we are 7 points clear 2 of the sides below have a game in hand which could reduce the gap to just 4 pts. It will be interesting to see the reaction of those loyal to Les if we creep (as current form would suggest) toward the relegation zone.

SFP White in Exile (IP Logged)
30 January, 2012 11:37
I have to admit that b4 the game I would have been happy with 1 point ( having watched the last two away games) and over the moon if we won. Aaaaaaannnnnnnnndddddd we should have won !!!! A great game and the last 15 /20 mins were superb (a pity we could not get a second goal). The team played really well and for me Wallace was the stand out player ( playmaker)
A little constructive points- we need to use different tactics to get the ball out from the defence kick o a. Akins b. McGurk c. roll out from the back line Buchanan / Holmes or centre backs etc so that we make an effort to keep possession and move through mid field.
I agree with the comments about the banner boys - after the game please NOT during.
I hope we play as well next week at Wycombe to get 3 points.

ste24yearsafan (IP Logged)
30 January, 2012 12:16
But why did he leave it so long to bring Brunt on! other than that great performance, and a much better tactics, keep it up Les and the boys.

@gony (IP Logged)
31 January, 2012 23:34
mostly great to read all theese again SWA

tran67 (IP Logged)
02 February, 2012 15:12
All season it has been the same,we are creating the chances,just not converting them into goals,but you have got to ask how good a striker are we going to get with the money we can pay,but on the other hand,if we paid the money for a good goalscorer,we could be in the play-offs & maybe better,so he would pay for himself

Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
02 February, 2012 16:59
You have to ask how good the chances are and what quality service the often lone striker has been getting-by and large 'not very'.

@gony (IP Logged)
02 February, 2012 23:55
Quote:
Hoots Mon
You have to ask how good the chances are and what quality service the often lone striker has been getting-by and large 'not very'.
Sorry ! suffer with dyslexia ! could you either punctuate to give me a clue ! or stop posting ***lox ! that would be so appreciated oots

Mikey (IP Logged)
03 February, 2012 00:34
Eh? Punctuated correctly isn't it, to me it makes perfect sense!

(Also agree with what you're saying. For me, Hudders was the first game in ages we've created goalscoring opportunities rather than just pointless shots.)

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac168/total-tranmere/goodison.jpg

PeteTRFC (IP Logged)
03 February, 2012 13:15
yes, real chances, not half chances or long shots. A welcome change!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net