football
Latest News:
twitter Totally Tranmere Podcast Website facebook register rules help contact Image Map
LEAGUE TWO FIXTURES RELEASED WEDNESDAY 18TH JUNE 2014

Of the players we have today........
Jay D (IP Logged)
27 July, 2011 00:24
.....Who will make the biggest impact on the team this season?

I will get the ball rolling with Andy Robinson

Re: Of the players we have today........
Deadly Submarine (IP Logged)
27 July, 2011 07:20
Agreed 100%

Deadly Submarine

bigmart (IP Logged)
27 July, 2011 08:44
with the right formation and tactics adam mcgurk

Croydonwhite (IP Logged)
27 July, 2011 10:07
Akins, probably by signing for Bury or Rochdale or the like and running us ragged(Sm145)

Mikey (IP Logged)
27 July, 2011 13:10
Robinson, McGurk, maybe Enoch could add another 5 goals this season (didn't he have a massive spell without a goal at one point?!)

Also hoping Labadie will improve and add a few goals to his game, and maybe we may see Max Power break into the first team at some point

I also think if McChrystal improves his distribution a bit he'll be one of the best CB's we've had in a while!

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac168/total-tranmere/goodison.jpg

W.t (IP Logged)
27 July, 2011 17:58
Taylor 100%

Matt34 (IP Logged)
27 July, 2011 20:40
A hard one I feel, but I think it's a head to head between Enoch or Robbo at the current time, as no additional players have surfaced yet.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

@gony (IP Logged)
27 July, 2011 21:58
Labadie Wier and Adam Mc

Prenton oldpup (IP Logged)
27 July, 2011 23:30
Its not the players that we have to date that we should be concerned with. We have lost 2 good Div 1 players in Jenno & Cressie. The season starts a week on Saturday and who have we obtained to take their place, nobody. The team is thus weaker than last seasons and Les talks of a possible play off place at the end of the season. Who believes in Father Christmas at P.P.

Mikey (IP Logged)
27 July, 2011 23:32
Zoom always was better than Cressa defensively in fairness, though we definitely need cover for him, and yeah we also need a winger (or two.)

Dale is irreplaceable really without spending massive ££ which we don't have, and Akins still hasn't signed to.

We need a few more players, we only have 15 pro's at the moment which is extremely thin!

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac168/total-tranmere/goodison.jpg

stek26 (IP Logged)
28 July, 2011 13:27
Weir and Mcgurk,
Both done well against utd,think les will still favour his 433 at home,which is unfortunate,i think Mcgurk would be great up front alongside Enoch.He's been unlucky with injurys last year but in my opinion he's one of the best forwards we'v had in a long time.Has impressed me every time iv watched him.

Also i like Weir, i know alot of people are not his biggest fans but i am, took a while for him to settle last season but he was played in a couple different positions.He looked good last night going forward with welsh sitting,i expect him to be the midfielder who gambles more an gets into the box.At least 5 goals i expect from him this year.

DevonExile (IP Logged)
28 July, 2011 19:06
McGurgh would be pivitol if he can score goals and the jury nust be out on this one. If he does not then I see problems ahead. Showi is a 10 or so a season player and is hard to look anywhere else for a significant contribution.It is pne of the reasons for fearing the worst this season. I agree that it is aweaker squad than at this time last year. Yet athis time last year I thougt Ladabie would make amajor impact and did not forsee the speed at which Jennings developed.Hopefully this year Ladabie will make a major contribution and some other youngster will suddenly make a major leap forward. My point is that there are more reasons for expecting struggle than success but there is always the hope of some unforseen surprises that may make the squad more effective.
But surely even the optimist must be disappointed that so little has been done to improve the squad

Bolton Rover (IP Logged)
28 July, 2011 21:51
We need to add a few players and will do. Les is holding out to get the best players he can that we can afford so i reckon we'll be signing the day before we play Chesterfield

jade-trfc (IP Logged)
28 July, 2011 22:47
well it looks like the team will take place next week as he said were in talks with a championship player and if another club from that league doesnt come in he is basicly ours which seems to be good news

we have this other lad who signed today the lb/lm so that would be 2 new players so possibly get a 3rd we should be ok atleast he has aimed up the leagues and is will to let a player hang around for a bit to hope another club will come in in which case les is playing a dangrous game but is keeping the lad happy at the same time im just wondering what maybe hinds may end up doing i think he is still training with us so maybe he would sign fairly cheap

@gony (IP Logged)
28 July, 2011 22:57
allways liked Hinds ! but said b4 never liked going back to old players tho would make an exception for Gaz Roberts

jade-trfc (IP Logged)
28 July, 2011 23:00
i think hinds is in that exception to me simply he has player for sheff wed in championship and is a great player and could strenghten our team

@gony (IP Logged)
28 July, 2011 23:11
we'll see ! see if he still has the legs and ambition to get up and support the forwards as an attacking threat like he used to ! tho remember he used to get some stick from the 'fans'

Matt34 (IP Logged)
28 July, 2011 23:34
Well for me, if Tranmer ever had a chance to resign Hume, Gareth Roberts, Anthony Kay and Steve Jennings I'd be happy. Perhaps Hinds would be worthwhile too, as I'm sure he'd give his all to the club, becasue he never left in acrimonious circumstances.

Navarro is on a free, so why not sign him, because he was only let go supposedly because the appearance fees where not affordable.

The one I'd absolutely never want back would be Shaun Thornton, as he's got about as much understanding of the concept of loyalty as Tiger Woods.

jade-trfc (IP Logged)
30 July, 2011 00:07
dont but tiger woods on the same page as him that just not fair

Matt34 (IP Logged)
30 July, 2011 21:39
Yeah you're right actually. At least with Thornton, you'd know if he was hitched to anyone, he wouldn't go putting about with a Dock Road Ho.

Now Woods on the other hand, that's a different beast altogether (Sm7).

Birkenheadlad1979 (IP Logged)
23 August, 2011 18:53
[news.bbc.co.uk]

Richard Hinds on his way to Crewe for a trial according to the Beeb. Did he have a trial with us in the summer, or was he training with us? Or have I got that completely wrong?

bigmart (IP Logged)
23 August, 2011 19:30
he was training with us but wasnt with us very long think he broke a finger then seemed to go.

Matt34 (IP Logged)
23 August, 2011 22:17
He was used, but obviously the budget wouldn't permit it perhaps and presumably Raven looked like a slightly cheaper or more considered bet.

I don't really know though, because until I saw the story today about his trial, I would have presumed he was too pricey, but clearly he wasn't.

Matty_1985 (IP Logged)
24 August, 2011 01:15
Fon Williams is a good acquisition and has made an impressive start. I always think Andy Robinson, if kept fit, is going to be a massive player for us this season. Editing to say Devaney as well. Very impressed with him so far.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/08/2011 01:17 by Matty_1985.

kennel (IP Logged)
25 August, 2011 18:44
Owain Fon Williams.......absolutely superb...could be in trfc,s goal for many years to come.Da iawn i'r hogyn o Pen-y-Groes.Also Mustafa is going to be a brilliant signing ......wait and see.If Josh can keep the fire in his belly under controll what a player he could be COME ON YOU WHITE BOYS.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net