football
Latest News:
twitter Totally Tranmere Podcast Website facebook register rules help contact Image Map
Next Game: Portsmouth (H) - Saturday 29th November 2014 at 3.00pm

Wembley 2000 Remembered Volume 3 - Match Report
Total Tranmere (IP Logged)
26 February, 2010 23:38
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Wembley 2000 Remembered Volume 3 - Match Report
whinfrey (IP Logged)
27 February, 2010 11:07
Also memorable for Aldo giving Leicester sub Theo Zagorakis a slap when Kelly scored after Zagorakis had danced around when Clint was sent off. I believe Aldo's comment was something like "You're not laughing now you t***!

tran67 (IP Logged)
27 February, 2010 11:22
But also one of the proudest moments of 30 odd years of supporting the club,when the Super White Army drowned out the Leicester fans prompting Ron Atkinson to say"Who won this match?You would think Tranmere had won it,i can't hear the Leicester fans".I was choking back tears of pride just listening to all the fans around me singing their hearts out in defiance & letting our team know how proud we were of them,showing what Lower League fans are all about,real fans who support their team through thick & thin,not like Premier League fans who moan when they lose a couple of games.It was a great day to be a Tranmere fan!!!

tranmerepete (IP Logged)
28 February, 2010 09:47
I just got goose bumps reading that

Every ball is a white ball............TRFC

Matthew the rover (IP Logged)
28 February, 2010 11:31
Glad you liked it. It's not my best written piece as I wrote it several years ago, but I hope it captures how we all felt on that day

glos white (IP Logged)
28 February, 2010 19:09
Great report. Brought a lot of memories back. Took my lad - 10 at the time - and it was our first and best tranmere game! Hooked ever since.

27 February, 2012 09:37
Twelve years ago today...

Deadly Submarine (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 18:11
Great memories of a fantastic day.

Can't say I'm surprised that no-one on here has cared to comment on the only upbeat thread on this Forum.

Looking back I can still picture Wembley Way and those fans inside the groundsmiling smiley

Deadly Submarine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/02/2012 18:12 by Deadly Submarine.

27 February, 2012 18:31
I've got many great memories of that day. We lost but we battled so hard and played so well. It was a brilliant day out.

BELMONT (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 19:34
I am sure I remember the pictures of the posters of the old Rovers mascot dog stuck to the lamp posts on Wembley way *have you seen this dog* it may have been around the time we were going to or had all ready changed the mascot to a more friendlier looking dog their was a school of thought that the old Rover was not child friendly hence the pooch we have walking round the pitch these days(mind you he does not look too happy these days).
But that day in the league cup was a good day out apart from the result mind you the best Wembley day`s out were the Bolton play off final when we are on our way up and the year before when we won the Leyland Daf Cup not the best trophy in the world but to watch a Tranmere captain climb those stairs to pick a trophy for the first time was one too remember,all those matches at Prenton Park south all that time ago seem a long time ago to what we are going through now.

Ricci (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 14:49
Absolutely amazing day. That spirit between the fans, and bond with the club was what captured me when I started supporting us.

What I would give to have just a little bit of that back.

garyrov (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 18:55
great day loved every minet of it ,yes we lost but we were a credit that day ,i can stil see kelly puting it in the net ,great memorys ,will they ever return ,god i hope so , we were a force then

Lobby Ludd (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 21:18
Fantastic day in a fantastic period for the club. Two things still bug me though.
1) Heskey tripped over his own feet when trying to run clear.
2) Why was Elliot credited with the first goal when it was clearly a Murphy OG?

bigmart (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 21:27
I went down the day before on one of the coaches and stayed over it was a cracking couple of days. Even though we lost the effort the players put in was tremendous and made us all feel proud im sure.

Matt34 (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 22:01
It was nearly so near, but yet so far. As close as Tranmere have ever come to competing in Europe, the Anglo-Italia cup no counting of course.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net