Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Ferguson never whinges - only Wenger
Posted by: Arsenal Times (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2008 23:27

Ferguson never whinges - only Wenger

Re: Ferguson never whinges - only Wenger
Posted by: eduardo (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2008 23:53

Of course Wenger should be more like Sir Alex, for the rest of the season and for many seasons to come Wenger should refuse to speak to the nations national broadcasting station (BBC) and anyone else who happens to say or ask questions he does not like. Wenger should also ban any journo he does not like from attending his press conferances

Why can't Wenger be like Sir Alex was after Bolton beat utd, sir red nose said "Bolton got away with an over physical approach and refs need to be stronger here"

And lets not forget his reaction to Rooney being booked for divings v Spuds, he really took it gracefully with "the ref did not book huddlestone for diving" well now that was really condemning Rooney for his act of cheating, come on Wenger be more like that

Posted by: litmus (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2008 02:26

good one

Posted by: ArsenalForever (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2008 04:51

spot on boris

Posted by: Zissors (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2008 09:42

Great article Boris

Posted by: no1 gazza fan (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2008 09:54

article raises some good points but isn't balanced enough to be a great one, Fergie is a bad loser full stop and despite his achievements as a manager, he needs to learn tact and respect. Same will rightly be said about Wenger, who once again missed the Gallas (his captain) episode, yet had a strong opinion on the Nani incident despite Henry/Vieria/'Pires penalty' showboating of the past.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa146/no1gazzafan/VDVmegs.gif

no, put your wallet away Jack, that was too easy

Posted by: bergmars (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2008 09:56

Show me a good loser.and Ill show you someone who wins @#$%& all.

Dennis Bergkamp, simply the best

Posted by: Simon68 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2008 11:38

FFS gazza. Read the f*cking article.

It's not about Arsene Wenger being a bad loser, it's about FERGUSON for some ridiculous reason being portrayed as NOT being a bad loser.

Every piece of evidence over the past 25 years or so has confirmed his malice towards anyone who gets in his way or has the temerity to question him in a way Ferguson doesn't like or God forbid, actually criticizes him.

Ferguson's so-called mind games are just the rantings of a man under pressure some of the time or a bully the remainder of the time.

Instead of Ferguson coming out with pathetic tiresome cr*p like this, perhaps he should take care of his own players behaviour on & off the pitch. As we all know, they have several divers & actors in their team, plus their players continually harrass the referee throughout the game. One Spurs supporter I heard on the radio said he couldn't believe the amount of whinging, moaning & pressurizing of the referee the MoanU players did at Spurs ground recently.

We know what a bunch of a*seholes many of the MoanU players are off the pitch so I don't need to spell that out again.

Rest assured though, as soon as the media can take the smallest soundbite from something Arsene Wenger says and turn it into something they can latch onto to lay into Wenger, they grab the chance with both hands.

As for the showboating, where on earth do you get Vieira from in the middle of the Henry/Pires penalty f*ck up against Man City? As we were only 1-0 up at the time it was certainly not showboating. They saw it as a way of scoring a goal. Ajax had done it some years before in a game. It was obviously misguided but certainly not showboating.

Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2008 13:20

Thanks Simon, I amke no claims to a great article, its just banter for ass oles who try and portray Wenger as the only bad loser in the whole world and fergy as perfection.

I also put in the one Wenger sentence that all the Man U websites somehow managed to miss "I still thought we had a good enough team to have a chance but United were better than us."

He stated in his press conf several times that Man U were the better team. He also said he didnt blame the pitch for the result, but nonetheless the pitch was a disgrace.

Date: 18 February, 2008 13:30

Simon, calm down a second,

All I was saying is for it to be a great article it would need to be more balanced e.g. something like :
"at least Wenger does interviews, doesn't try to manipulate refs as much during games/ however "he often maybe gets less respect than Fergie post match for seeing so little etc"

I also wasn't too keen on the line Is it because he is French ? This line alone probably provoked my response more than anything else, and after reading the article twice now I think I have taken it in.

Vieira showboating applies to a game I think I saw when he flicked the ball over a players head at least twice simply because he was good enough and not a reference to the Man City game.
I might be wrong in remembering it as a show boat as he may have needed to do the second flick.

I do see the Man City penalty as a showboat as it is an easier skill to strike the ball straight in the net imo.

Posted by: Rockstaar (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2008 13:38

not to stray off topic, but no team showboats more than us

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4218/arsenalsigmilan2aq4.jpg

Posted by: Simon68 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2008 13:50

Any watcher of Vieira over his time at Arsenal would see that he flicked the ball over an opponents head on occasions during many matches. He used the skill purely as a way of beating a player, nothing else. He would do it at 0-0, 0-1, 1-0 or any score, the same way a player would push the ball past a player on one side and run around the other to beat him.

Date: 18 February, 2008 14:32

It was tricks for tricks sake - even Fergy condemmed him

Date: 18 February, 2008 14:41

not sure it was that clear cut imo

have watched it again and personally think it started as the best means to shield the ball, and ended up as a showboat

someone pointed out to me Platt's comment, if he had tried bringing the ball down he probably would have lost it

Posted by: Philly the kid (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2008 02:15

Balls to you alls.I think it was a good article!!
Well worth a read.(Sm53)

Posted by: dixon9 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2008 06:08

Wenger was very objective in his post match analysis - but he and the rest ALL winge - some more than others of course but they all do.

http://i44.tinypic.com/11r9ijr.jpg

"It is born out of hypocrisy and fundamental insecurity. There have been two kids on the block for the past 12 years. Suddenly, there is a third and that one is threatening to be more successful than the others and they dont like it." P Kenyon.

Posted by: Merlion96 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2008 06:22

(Sm6)..Agreed. I missed Mourinho's Wise Sayings in a Luandry BAsket....(Sm6)

�It is born out of an inferior complex to Arsenal. We had bought two premiership titles for the past 59 years. Suddenly, there is a third premiership title to be bought and that one is threatening to be more expensive than the others." P Kenyov
"Indeed the 2009/10 3rd title costed Abramovich £750m and counting" Daddy Bucski

Date: 19 February, 2008 07:25

That was my point Dixon, all managers including Wenger moan. But funny enough it was one of his most balanced post match comments ever.

Posted by: Willy (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2008 16:49

'When seven Manchester United players get yellow cards, you know that there's a problem with the referee'

Posted by: Zainy (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2008 16:50

that quote irritated me more than any other Willy, it wasnt just a moan but an incredible deisplay of arragonce and petulance.

Posted by: Philly the kid (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2008 02:23

ffs, the old alchie is at it again.......

Sir Alex Ferguson feels other clubs will be disappointed by the Football Association's decision to take no action against William Gallas.

The FA confirmed the Arsenal captain would not be charged in relation to an incident during his team's 4-0 FA Cup defeat to Manchester United at the weekend.

Gallas kicked the back of United winger Nani's legs during the latter stages of the game, with the altercation seemingly not witnessed by referee Alan Wiley.

Having reviewed video evidence of the clash, Wiley informed the FA that he was 'not satisfied that it showed evidence of violent conduct'.

Ferguson believes Gallas should have been sent off and intimated that Wiley did not want to show another red card after dismissing Emmanuel Eboue earlier in the game.

Very difficult

"Obviously, a lot of clubs will be disappointed because of their players who have suffered from a respective view of incidents," said Ferguson on Sky Sports News.

"I think, for Alan Wiley, maybe it was a tough game in the second half for him and he'd probably had enough and was quite happy to put a marker under it and get a rest for the remainder of the week.

"It was obviously very difficult for him in the second half and there could have been three or four red cards for Arsenal.

"The important thing was that everyone has been made aware of the incident, that's the thing we don't need to answer to. We're happy to leave it now."
-------------------------------------------------------------

Doesn't know when to shut up does he?!!

Date: 20 February, 2008 07:28

He fears that Arsenal will win the league and its his attempt to derail us. Suspensions cost us titles in the past so we have to keep calm - its main chance for him.

He is a nasty bit of work

Posted by: Zainy (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2008 10:03

I used to respect the man for his great accomplishments but he has made it increasingly difficult to respect him. Great man manager, but a complete moron as a person to put it bluntly.

Posted by: Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2008 13:14

Agreed Zainy.

http://oi42.tinypic.com/zsprti.jpg

Posted by: negotiator (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2008 14:25

in a sport competitive advantage is everything, whinging diving, mind games is the diffrence between winning and losing, if your saying this person whinges that person dives then your just being a hypocrite

Posted by: Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2008 14:35

Nego every manager in the world whinges, including Wenger, but old purple nose does to the extreme to point where it becomes just plain embarrassing.

http://oi42.tinypic.com/zsprti.jpg

Posted by: negotiator (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2008 14:48

whinging is whinging diving is diving mind games are mind games every one does it honesty gets you no were in sport just look at derby

if derby did a few dives here and there thats another 5 points

only the very stupid stay 100% withing the rules, the very competitive go beyond the rules ever so slightly, thats what champions are made of

Date: 20 February, 2008 16:55

He was still whinging about it yesterday and he won.
Wenger has moved on

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net