football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Time to focus on milan..then Brum
80'sGoona (IP Logged)
17 February, 2008 11:43
The FA cup is gone now. We got knocked out and there are a lot of differing views about team selection, performance and priorities. But there are now two MASSIVE games coming up. These games would be massive regardless of the man utd result.

Lets move on people.

A clean sheet is needed for a start. Hopefully (Please God) Clichy and sagna will be available. And even though Toure seems like his minds still in Ghana Im sure he will perform in this game.

1-0 will do me fine

Re: Time to focus on milan..then Brum
Gooner_Sans (IP Logged)
17 February, 2008 12:23
Can only move on, but is only one way to win back some pride from that loss, and that's to beat Man Utd when we return to Old Trafford in the league. That's the game that matters more than anything this season.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
17 February, 2008 13:44
We need a 2 goal lead and a clean sheet going into Milan.

Defence cant switch off.

I'd rather Senderos plays instead of Toure as toure really seems to be struggling.

ArsenalForever (IP Logged)
17 February, 2008 13:48
pace wise we need toure because kaka and pato are fast players

but if we dominate the midfield and hope cesc, who shows up in big games unlike ronaldo, has a blinder then we will win

80'sGoona (IP Logged)
17 February, 2008 16:05
I wouldn't like to see kaka running at senderos! I'd have to close my eyes! I honestly feel toure gallas and flam can protect keep them out.

I can see AW going with a 4-5-1 formation with eduardo on he left. He'll probably go with Gilberto Cesc and Flamini in the middle with hleb on the left.

Gilberto is more equiped to handle this game, ac milan play slower than PL teams.

ArsenalForever (IP Logged)
17 February, 2008 16:11
if rosicky is fit gilberto wont play

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
17 February, 2008 16:14
If we play 4-5-1 at home against Milan, their defence will overwhlem our single striker and we are likely looking at a 0-0 game. I will place my faith in Sendoros. He might be slower than Kolo but Kolo's mind is not in it after the ANC. Plus he might pop up with a headed goal from our setpiece. Cesc and Flamini will need to be very discipline to shadow Kaka whenever we do not have the ball. Forget about Gilberto. He shud be used as a sub. His mind is already made up to leave Arsenal this summer so don't expect him to throw his body and limps into the fray. Hopefully we have Rosicky back on the left.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
17 February, 2008 16:21
Maybe RVP can be on the bench?

80'sGoona (IP Logged)
17 February, 2008 16:36
AC's midfield will be compact with Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedof and maybe ambrosini. We may need more than 2 players in there. Clichy and hopefully sagna or eboue can exploit the wings.

Any news on the injuries?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net