Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Rate the window
Discussion started by MattySadler , 09 August, 2019 06:38
Rate the window
MattySadler 09 August, 2019 06:38
So this summer we've signed Martinelli, Saliba, Tierney, Pepe, Ceballos and Luiz.

That's two for the future, two for the here and now, and two short term fixes, though obviously there is a possibility Ceballos could be more long term.

On top of this we've got good fees for all of the players we've moved on so far, and it's likely at least one or two more will still be off.

Only way I think that our incomings could've been better would be if the second centre back signing was a long term one as well.

/10 ?

Re: Rate the window
Bergmars 09 August, 2019 06:46

Under new managment

Merlion96 09 August, 2019 06:55
7/10 for now.

8/10 if we can sell Elneny and Mustafi.

9/10 if we can sell Mkhitaryan grinning smiley

in summary, above my expectation after an underwhelming May/June with that news of 45-mil "available funds" bantering around.

In fact, 45-mil is the truth, i.e. only funds made available by that tight-as-a-gnat-ass Silent Stan and it is only the ingenuity of Raul and Venkat that came out with the idea to convince selling teams to accept instalments; like a hire-purchase agreement or mortgage housing loan.

Expenditures
6-mil for Martinelli
25-mil upfront for Tierney
14-mil upfront for Pepe?
8-mil for Luiz
2-mil upfront for Saliba maybe.

Expenditures = 55-mil

Revenues
3.5-mil - Ospina
2.5-mil - Amaechi
10-mil - Bielik
5-mil - Koscielny
2-mil - Jenkinson
30-mil - Iwobi with rest as adds-on.
5-mil - Bannacer adds-on

Revenues = 58-mil

Raul, Venkat and Edu balanced the book brilliantly with the limited 45-mil transfer funds, plus reenues generated by players' sale,and negotiating skills to convince seller to accept payment by installments.

55-mil total payable in FY2019/20.

'The more things change, the more they remain the same' Alphonse Karr.

CazOnARola 09 August, 2019 08:12
7/10. Not worried about elneny mkhitaryan and co.

Xhaka will start for us and he is a liability defensively as is guendouzi.

If ceballos displaces xhaka and our CMs start winning the ball back, i becomes 9/10 instantly.

Considering where we started, maybe i should just give raul 9/10

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2019 10:24 by CazOnARola.

Flava 09 August, 2019 08:12

weedz 09 August, 2019 08:14
8/10

goonerred 09 August, 2019 09:34
7/8 out of 10 for me. Would have like to see a solid CB with more deadwood out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2019 10:15 by goonerred.

AJ The Gunner 09 August, 2019 09:54
7/10 so far until the game against Newcastle

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

BootyDaddy 09 August, 2019 10:57

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Boston Gooner 09 August, 2019 11:45
Could have done better defensively.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Ares 09 August, 2019 19:39

what we've really done is

replace iwobi and ramsey with a decent cm/dm loanee from RM, Pepe and a brazilian kid who is good off the ball (and on the ball) all accross the forward line.

we've replaced

Kos with Luiz and Tierney who can fit in at CB

We actually covered Kos's departure with Luiz, Saliba and Tierney but I'm not going to count Saliba on account of: we actually aren't using him.

Emiliano Martinez. No 2 Gk. Low On Appearances. Bit of a gamble. He's got his big chance now.

Flava 09 August, 2019 22:34
Quote:
Boston Gooner

Come on mate. Much better than a 5. You can’t do it all. Raul has had a stormer

Boston Gooner 09 August, 2019 23:29
Quote:
Flava
Quote:
Boston Gooner

Sorry Flava.
I really can't see us finishing any higher than last season .
Pleased we got Tierney added to the defence when he's fit.
Just think most of us on here will be calling our defence as usual after 3 or 4 games.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Kalela 10 August, 2019 02:43
It was a good window even though I personally did not like that the club sold Beilik. I think I rated the kid more than anyone else.

AJ The Gunner 10 August, 2019 14:28
will reserve my rating till the first 10 games. i need to be sure Emery has at least improved our defence though Mustafi still around is not very encouraging.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Flava 10 August, 2019 19:19
Quote:
AJ The Gunner
will reserve my rating till the first 10 games. i need to be sure Emery has at least improved our defence though Mustafi still around is not very encouraging.

3/4 of our first choice defence are going to be out for 2 months

goonerred 10 August, 2019 19:29
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
Flava
Quote:
Boston Gooner

Sorry Flava.
I really can't see us finishing any higher than last season .
Pleased we got Tierney added to the defence when he's fit.
Just think most of us on here will be calling our defence as usual after 3 or 4 games.

Sadly, I agree. I gave slightly higher rating because I didn't think we'd buy anyone much. I'm still hopeful we might get rid of deadwood, but would that leave us a bit deplete?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2019 19:29 by goonerred.

Optimistic Gunner 11 August, 2019 02:11
7/10
could've been 8/10 if Tierney was so seriously injured (I also worry if he will be a sicknote)

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net