Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Where to find Prediction League?
Discussion started by SA-Gunner , 08 August, 2019 02:03
Where to find Prediction League?
SA-Gunner 08 August, 2019 02:03
Using desktop computer, can't find the prediction league, can anyone help me please?

Re: Where to find Prediction League?
Padre Pio 08 August, 2019 09:55
Top banner Menu click on home, drop down menu appears, its on there

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

goonerred 08 August, 2019 13:31
I put in my predictions for the first two matches, but they didn't seem to register anywhere.

BootyDaddy 20 August, 2019 14:22
My first time doing the prediction league so apologies for the stupid questions:

1. When do the fixtures tend to get put up, i.e. I can't see the Liverpool game yet ?

2. How is the for and against calculated? There's loads of us sitting at 2 draws but apparently I have a better goal difference than all except Padre ... but I don't know how ?

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

goonerred 20 August, 2019 15:35
Quote:
BootyDaddy
My first time doing the prediction league so apologies for the stupid questions:
1. When do the fixtures tend to get put up, i.e. I can't see the Liverpool game yet ?

2. How is the for and against calculated? There's loads of us sitting at 2 draws but apparently I have a better goal difference than all except Padre ... but I don't know how ?
Time to get VAR involved?
I can't find the Liverpool game either.

Boston Gooner 20 August, 2019 16:13
Because they haven't put Liverpool game up yet.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Padre Pio 20 August, 2019 18:00
I will put up Liverpool game soon.
A draw as you know is when you get the result right but not the score.
If you win ( ie correct Score and result) GD remains neutral, if you draw (Correct result wrong score) or lose (both result and score are wrong) then GD is brought to bear. So if you predict Arsenal to win 3-0 and they draw 0-0, firstly no points, secondly negative GD of 3 + is awarded. The higher your GD the worse your position on the table compared to someone who has same points as you.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Padre Pio 21 August, 2019 10:36
Liverpool game is on the PL now

BootyDaddy 21 August, 2019 11:24
Thanks Padre.

Although I'm still not 100% sure I understand how the goal difference works.

I predicted New 0 Vs 2 Ars, score was 0-1.
I predicted Ars 3 Vs 1 Bur,, score was 2-1.

My goal difference is currently For = 1- Aga = 2 ??

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

goonerred 21 August, 2019 12:35
I used to post on a message board and they brought in some rule so that you were penalised if you predicted an Arsenal loss. You only got a point or something if you got the score exactly right, no points if it wasn't. I can't see Arsenal winning this but at least it gets a tricky game out of the way early on.

Padre Pio 21 August, 2019 16:51
I am not sure I know the calculation either.
But if we look at your newcastle pred you predicted 0 for NT so thats correct, but 2 for Arsenal so you get 1 goal penalty making GD +1.
In Burnley game you got Burnley correct so no problem there you earn 1, you exagerrated Arsenal by 1 so + 1 so F1 A1 .
Put the two together you have 2-1 against you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net