Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Everton 30m bid for Iwobi rejected
Discussion started by Willy , 07 August, 2019 13:12
Everton 30m bid for Iwobi rejected
Willy 07 August, 2019 13:12
This has been confirmed today by Ornstein. Wondering what people here think is Iwobi's price for resale in the prem? He's homegrown, good attitude and improved last year. Probably a few years left on his deal. He is developing some end product too so I'd say at least £60m given the crazy market. Apparently we want at least 40...

Re: Everton 30m bid for Iwobi rejected
Kalela 07 August, 2019 13:39
Even though he didn't score a lot of goals he was really good for Nigeria when played through the middle at the 2019 African Nations Cup.. Still I wouldn't be to sad if he was sold if the club can get good money for him. There are definitely other players I would like to see go before him but I don't think there is a market for them.

BootyDaddy 07 August, 2019 14:04
Hopefully we have rejected it because we are confident they'll make an improved bid and not because we actually think he's any good and part of our future plans ....

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Gooner Sod 07 August, 2019 15:08
I believe he will be a better no.10 option for us than Mesut Ozil as the season wears on.

Keep, we don't have a good enough squad to be selling the likes of Iwobi. Now if we got Coutinho, then sell......

Gooner Sod 07 August, 2019 15:10
Quote:
Kalela
Even though he didn't score a lot of goals he was really good for Nigeria when played through the middle at the 2019 African Nations Cup.. Still I wouldn't be to sad if he was sold if the club can get good money for him. There are definitely other players I would like to see go before him but I don't think there is a market for them.

Agreed, i'm Nigerian and watched the whole tournament. He's definitely more comfortable there than out wide. He also got into the box on the end of things a fair bit and managed to score one class goal along with the odd assists.

goonerred 07 August, 2019 15:18
Quote:
Gooner Sod
I believe he will be a better no.10 option for us than Mesut Ozil as the season wears on.
Keep, we don't have a good enough squad to be selling the likes of Iwobi. Now if we got Coutinho, then sell......
I agree, right now there are several players I would show the door ahead of him. I liked his energy last season. At least he used to play as if he wanted to win and tried.

Willy 07 August, 2019 15:46
He's got great technique but has he got the vision to be a 10 for AFC and take over from Ozil? He is the right age to make a starting spot his own but can't see it happening this year, fewer minutes if anything...

goonerred 07 August, 2019 15:51
Quote:
Willy
He's got great technique but has he got the vision to be a 10 for AFC and take over from Ozil? He is the right age to make a starting spot his own but can't see it happening this year, fewer minutes if anything...

Probably not, but as we're rebuilding the squad I think he is worth hanging onto.

Padre Pio 07 August, 2019 15:57
Remember when mid/strikers used to get 8 or 10 goals a season?

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net