Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Koscielny and Jenkinson
Discussion started by Flava , 06 August, 2019 09:08
Koscielny and Jenkinson
Flava 06 August, 2019 09:08
Looks like they’re out the door. €5m for Koscielny and £2m for Jenkinson.

€5m for a soon to be 34 year old one legged central defender

Re: Koscielny and Jenkinson
goonerred 06 August, 2019 09:12
Quote:
Flava
Looks like they’re out the door. €5m for Koscielny and £2m for Jenkinson.
€5m for a soon to be 34 year old one legged central defender
I won't be sad to see Jenkinson go, another one who got a new contract for no reason.

younghansolo 06 August, 2019 09:15
Jenkinson’s heart and Koscielny’s ability would have been the perfect combination.

grayfox1 06 August, 2019 09:40
Quote:
younghansolo
Jenkinson’s heart and Koscielny’s ability would have been the perfect combination.

I can't agree. You would still need a brain in there winking smiley

MattySadler 06 August, 2019 10:14
Doing well to get those fees for them both.

MattySadler 06 August, 2019 10:15
I believe that is £150k a week in wages freed up as well?

Boston Gooner 06 August, 2019 12:54
Kos has to pass a medical 😂😂

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

tigerline 06 August, 2019 13:49
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Kos has to pass a medical 😂😂

I would not touch him if you paid me.

His chronic Achilles problems were in BOTH legs.
The other one is ready to pop. Remember, when he tore the first one, he was simply jogging back upfield. He was not running, planting, or jumping. That signals an internal weakening of the tendons - tendonosis rather than tendonitis.

MattySadler 06 August, 2019 15:23
Koscielny confirmed. Jenkinson is now our longest serving player.

tigerline 06 August, 2019 15:33
Glad to be rid of the tramp.
Glad we got something useful to spend out of the deal.

Boston Gooner 06 August, 2019 15:36
Not sorry to see Jenkinson go.
Terrible player.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

goonerred 06 August, 2019 15:45
I'm sad to see Kos go in such circumstances. I know his time with us was finished, but he was a key player for us at times. He deserved a better send off.

tigerline 06 August, 2019 16:15
I still believe that Koscielny's bizarre behaviour is somehow tied to his undying loyalty to wenger.
Loyalty to wenger and NOT to The Club.

wenger spotted Kos in the French lower leagues and truly made his career into what it became, including wenger naming him as team captain.
I remember how ardently Kos defended wenger over the last few years.
"If wenger goes, I go."
I believe that Kos held a grudge against the club for pushing wenger out and that he knew that he was exiting as soon as he could make it happen.
But Kos needed to stay with us last year to rehab from his injury.
He needed to play last year to prove his viability for his planned exit to another club.

BootyDaddy 06 August, 2019 17:01
Good business to get something for each of these players at this point. Just freeing up their wages would be a bonus, so good riddance to both.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

goonerred 07 August, 2019 06:44
Do one Kos. Removing an Arsenal shirt to reveal the shirt of his new club. I don't care what issues he had with the club/management/missing Wenger, the fans deserve more respect than that. Good riddance.

CazOnARola 07 August, 2019 07:08
He served its well over the years. No use for him anymore. Good bye

younghansolo 07 August, 2019 08:55
Everyone seems curious about it but to me I just thought it was @#$%&. Like a rubbish way to show off a new player. Couldn’t they have come up with a better idea

CazOnARola 07 August, 2019 09:19
Ppl. Need to stop expecting anything from pro footballers these days. They don't really care about fans nor do they have any kind of IQ or EQ. Most of them are not even good human beings that you would ever want to be around.

Let's move on, the @#$%& gone and we got some money for someone who plays 15 games a season

goonerred 07 August, 2019 10:27
Quote:
CazOnARola
Ppl. Need to stop expecting anything from pro footballers these days. They don't really care about fans nor do they have any kind of IQ or EQ. Most of them are not even good human beings that you would ever want to be around.
Let's move on, the @#$%& gone and we got some money for someone who plays 15 games a season

You are right.

tigerline 07 August, 2019 11:44
Quote:
MattySadler

With Jenkinson now gone too, who is our longest serving player?

Gooner Sod 07 August, 2019 12:29
Quote:
tigerline
Quote:
MattySadler

With Jenkinson now gone too, who is our longest serving player?

Probably Monreal, i think he arrived before Ozil.

CazOnARola 07 August, 2019 13:03
First team football if would be monreal. Need to check how long has been at arsenal though at the youth level. By Senior team years of service its monreal, ozil, mustafi/xhaka and then chambers most likely.

SuperRob 07 August, 2019 21:55
Emi Martinez is up there

MattySadler 07 August, 2019 22:07
Apparently Emi Martinez was called up to the first team before we signed Monreal but wasn't officially promoted until after.

Shane 07 August, 2019 22:27
Martinez played in that stupid 7-5 game at Reading few years ago, and that was before Monreal arrived.

Padre Pio 07 August, 2019 23:48
Walcotts finest 20 Minutes

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

tigerline 08 August, 2019 02:00
Quote:
Padre Pio
Walcotts finest 20 Minutes

Who?

No. Not missing Poodlebrain AT ALL!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net