Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Leno.
Discussion started by Boston Gooner , 03 August, 2019 15:56
Leno.
Boston Gooner 03 August, 2019 15:56
Anyone else think Leno has to do better this season.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Re: Leno.
goonerred 03 August, 2019 15:59
He's OK, but one thing I noticed with him, he often parries the ball into the danger area. I think he needs to sort that out and sort his positioning out, sometimes he makes mistakes and I think he's out of position when the ball comes in.

Flava 03 August, 2019 16:43
Quote:
goonerred
He's OK, but one thing I noticed with him, he often parries the ball into the danger area. I think he needs to sort that out and sort his positioning out, sometimes he makes mistakes and I think he's out of position when the ball comes in.

Nope, stop listening to Tony Cascarino

goonerred 03 August, 2019 16:45
Quote:
Flava
Quote:
goonerred

Nope, stop listening to Tony Cascarino
I'm not listening to anyone, I'm watching him. I do think he's saved our asses on occasions which is why I like him, just needs to improve bit in certain areas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2019 16:46 by goonerred.

SuperRob 03 August, 2019 20:45
I think he's probably over performing considering the amount of chances we gave away. Much prefer the defenders to do better and stop giving away so many chances from silly individual errors or positioning mistakes

Gooner Sod 03 August, 2019 20:59
Quote:
SuperRob
I think he's probably over performing considering the amount of chances we gave away. Much prefer the defenders to do better and stop giving away so many chances from silly individual errors or positioning mistakes

Agreed, the only defensive player that was excellent throughout last season.

CazOnARola 04 August, 2019 03:45
Leno is fine. He comes for balls he shouldn't at times but every single non premier league keeper does that even they first arrive.

In not sure if many have noticed that he makes long ping passes of both feet. I have never seen that in a goal keeper at this level.

Whenever he plays, it's like having an extra player who can pick out players.

He's excellent and will improve as long as he doesn't get long term injury. His temperament is excellent as well.

Bergmars 04 August, 2019 11:28
Wenger was right about one thing pundits are paid to talk irrespective of whether they have anything to say.

Under new managment

BootyDaddy 04 August, 2019 12:34
He did ok for his first season. The premier league is way faster than any other league so getting used to the speed can take time. De Gea struggled in his first season.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Trent2000 04 August, 2019 14:26
You guys are kidding, he has done a very good job.

How would the best goalies do with the clowns we have in front of them and the lack of intelligent midfielders to cover defensively.

Just watch him with a more attacking team and the hope of better center backs.

You could build a wall in goal and somehow Mustafi would give one up, he always finds a way to screw it up.

MattySadler 04 August, 2019 22:48
I was pretty happy with his debut season overall.

I'd love to see him in a side that is able to defend.

Boston Gooner 04 August, 2019 22:56
Quote:
MattySadler

He'll have to play for someone else then. 😁

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

goonerred 05 August, 2019 09:55
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
MattySadler

He'll have to play for someone else then. 😁
You're not wrong there!

Merlion96 05 August, 2019 17:48
Guys, let's compare the ranking of EPL goalie:

1 - De Gea
2 - Allison
3 - Ederson
4 - Leno
5 - ?

Surely, Leno is ranked Top-6 goalie of EPL?
Shouldn't we be happy with him … and which goalie is available that we can afford to buy - Oblak?

'The more things change, the more they remain the same' Alphonse Karr.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net