Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Arsenal agree deal for Saliba
Discussion started by Padre Pio , 19 July, 2019 18:47
Arsenal agree deal for Saliba
Padre Pio 19 July, 2019 18:47
Apparently by loaning him back Arsenal will be able to put transfer costs into the following year.

Agreed Deal For Saliba

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Re: Arsenal agree deal for Saliba
grayfox1 20 July, 2019 20:27
Bit frustrating deal tbh. I suppose that will leave us with 5m to spend next year.

Padre Pio 20 July, 2019 21:09
They will only make a small down payment this year because of the loan payment then start paying the year after, so its not as mad as it appears at first sight

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

goonerred 21 July, 2019 12:46
All very well, but we need players for the coming season.

Padre Pio 21 July, 2019 17:11
Quote:
goonerred
All very well, but we need players for the coming season.
Of course and soon, but this deal does not affect this season's purchases.

MattySadler 21 July, 2019 21:00
Emery has essentially said that Saliba was his absolute first choice CB target and he wasn't willing to settle for anyone else, even though that means us not having him until next season.

Fair enough. I think Saliba looks like everything you'd want in a modern CB. I just hope that doesn't mean we aren't looking for a CB for this season, although I have a feeling that will be the case...

mapleleafgooner 21 July, 2019 22:03
Emery was also very insistent on having Suarez. That worked out terribly for Arsenal.

Padre Pio 21 July, 2019 23:01
Quote:
mapleleafgooner
Emery was also very insistent on having Suarez. That worked out terribly for Arsenal.

He was also insistent on signing Guendouzi

goonerred 22 July, 2019 11:26
Quote:
MattySadler
Emery has essentially said that Saliba was his absolute first choice CB target and he wasn't willing to settle for anyone else, even though that means us not having him until next season.
Fair enough. I think Saliba looks like everything you'd want in a modern CB. I just hope that doesn't mean we aren't looking for a CB for this season, although I have a feeling that will be the case...
That's my worry, we need players this season. United can't be as bad surely? and other teams may improve...

younghansolo 22 July, 2019 14:03
He's a fool. I'm not even sure Emery will be at arsenal next season when the lad arrives

Padre Pio 25 July, 2019 17:20
Well is confirmed, I suspect the loan deal has been agreed because it suits an Arsenal owner who doesnt want to spend this year .

AJ The Gunner 27 July, 2019 16:22
we need a defender like yesterday then we sign one and loan him right out. what the heck is that???? this club has gone full blown crazy.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Big Guhnz 27 July, 2019 18:35
As muchn as I would like him now its only based on our bad defence. I like the fact he wants to be ready and have more experience it shows he has a good head on his shoulders and is not gassed by the money. It is also a signing BIG clubs make so I'm very glad we are starting to act like one with this signing.

Boston Gooner 27 July, 2019 23:30
The bottom line is whoever signed him they was going to have to loan him back.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net