football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

£70m for 30 year old Aubameyang - Sell or Keep?
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
18 June, 2019 23:19
[www.dailystar.co.uk]

We sold them Alexis.

Why not sell £70m for 30 year old Aubameyang to rebuild Arsenal for the next 2 years?

Keep Lacazette and promote the likes of Nketiah, Reiss Nelson, Smith-Rowe, Amaechi and John-Jules into the squad.

Plus if we are signing that Argentina kid and aiming to buy another winger, then Emery can reshape his squad with the players he wanted to play his possession-based, high-tempo and attacking wingers and wingbacks.

By selling the likes of Aubameyang, Xhaka, (OZil, if he can move him), even Torreira, and a few more deadwoods, Emery can easily increases his transfer funds to about £200m to built a completely new Arsenal team for the next 2 seasons.

Plus, like at Selvilla and Valencia, he will be promoting youngsters in this rebuilding process; boosting the morale of youngsters that they do have a future at Arsenal FC.

'The more things change, the more they remain the same' Alphonse Karr.

Re: £70m for 30 year old Aubameyang - Sell or Keep?
CazOnARola (IP Logged)
19 June, 2019 10:04
Sell

Jonny Bravo (IP Logged)
19 June, 2019 14:44
Yup lets sell our 32 goals a season striker to United. That worked out reeeeeal well in the past.
As for rebuilding a new team for the next few years, Emrey will be out on his ear next summer if we don't get back into the CL.
Shift or pay off the players we desperately need to get rid of, we all know the main culprits, rather than selling the only components of our team that actually function.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
19 June, 2019 18:17
Keep.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Flava (IP Logged)
19 June, 2019 18:48
I'd want a lot more than £70m. They'd need to take Mkhitaryan back as well at that price.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
19 June, 2019 19:04
Quote:
Flava
I'd want a lot more than £70m. They'd need to take Mkhitaryan back as well at that price.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
19 June, 2019 19:43
Take more money and sell. Aubameyang does not know how to link up and play alone. Doesn't play well when Lacazette is not linking up play. Invest that in other areas of the squad. It's another couple of seasons of grind at the very least. Get those other areas sorted. We need at least 11 players and 40mn can't cut. We are in a far worse situation than we have ever been. We don't any player on more than 200k per week. That is champaign league level money. Aubameyang will stall the next contract and leave for 25mn or less in 2021 or worse free.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
19 June, 2019 21:32
Quote:
CazOnARola
Take more money and sell. Aubameyang does not know how to link up and play alone. Doesn't play well when Lacazette is not linking up play. Invest that in other areas of the squad. It's another couple of seasons of grind at the very least. Get those other areas sorted. We need at least 11 players and 40mn can't cut. We are in a far worse situation than we have ever been. We don't any player on more than 200k per week. That is champaign league level money. Aubameyang will stall the next contract and leave for 25mn or less in 2021 or worse free.

Yes.
Still no news as to whether he will sign his contract extension.

goonerred (IP Logged)
20 June, 2019 09:19
It's a tricky one. He has a proven track record of scoring and I don't want to sell him to United. He is knocking on a bit and we could use the money. I'll never forgive him for missing that Penalty against Spurs though, we would have been top 4 with totts finishing 5th if he'd scored it. It still hurts...

Flava (IP Logged)
20 June, 2019 12:31
Quote:
goonerred
It's a tricky one. He has a proven track record of scoring and I don't want to sell him to United. He is knocking on a bit and we could use the money. I'll never forgive him for missing that Penalty against Spurs though, we would have been top 4 with totts finishing 5th if he'd scored it. It still hurts...

Anyone can miss a penalty. You need to focus on the 51 goals we conceded not the one penalty your top scorer missed.

goonerred (IP Logged)
20 June, 2019 12:58
Quote:
Flava
Quote:
goonerred

Anyone can miss a penalty. You need to focus on the 51 goals we conceded not the one penalty your top scorer missed.
I know and I may have forgiven him, but it still rankles a bit,just because of what might have been. I f he'd missed it earlier in the season it wouldn't have seemed so bad.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
20 June, 2019 13:39
We should have finished top four rheln last six games were poor

Under new managment

goonerred (IP Logged)
20 June, 2019 13:43
Quote:
Bergmars
We should have finished top four rheln last six games were poor
Of course.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
20 June, 2019 16:11
Sell. We need that money to fix defence and DM positions.

Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
20 June, 2019 23:25
Why is everyone wanting to sell him. This is craziness.

£70m? Pretty sure that's basically what we paid for him. Pulisic who was Dortmund sub went for over £55m for gods sake. A 30goal a season player at a younger age costs like £150m in the current market. We won't replace them goals.

Stan needs to dig into his pockets like he has for LA Rams. We won't get anywhere selling and rebuilding whilst everyone else invests heavily.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
21 June, 2019 12:58
I think we paid £54 mill for him, a record for us. But I agree a club with ambition dosent sell stars

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
23 June, 2019 00:56
I will rather sell this satiated player who, like Ozil, look upon Arsenal FC as a soft-touch with him pick and choose when he will turn up and play.

Fab-4 retired, We sold Overmars, Petit and Anelka, and still win the 2003/04 title.

There is no excuse really for Sanllehi, Venkat and Emery for not building a competitive squad in this 2019/20 season.

We are expecting them to follow the Dein-Wenger act to rebuild Arsenal FC in the late-1990s after GG.

'The more things change, the more they remain the same' Alphonse Karr.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net