Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Go French...
Discussion started by Gunnersingh1 , 12 June, 2019 22:24
Go French...
Gunnersingh1 12 June, 2019 22:24
Lets be honest we're not getting near challanging for the league for a long time so we might as well go for young players and where better than France to get those players...

We've been linked with a lot of French players and I'd rather see us sign the likes of Adrien Rabiot, William Saliba and Alexis Claude-Maurice, than sign players who have already peaked and won't improve and will decline, we've got enough of those.

We haven't got the money to compete with Liverpool, City and Utd and it's pointless signing players who will just make us stay where we are now. I'd rather sign young players and maybe in a few years they will be ready to win a league when City and Liverpool start to decline.

Thoughts?

Re: Go French...
Boston Gooner 13 June, 2019 06:59
And if they turn out decent we can sell them on. 😁😁

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

goonerred 13 June, 2019 09:06
And there was me thinking you were cheering on the French women's football team in the WC!!!!

Bergmars 13 June, 2019 11:54
Agree

Under new managment

MattySadler 13 June, 2019 18:29
As we're being linked pretty heavily with Saliba and Claude-Maurice, and probably would've moved for Pepe had we been in the Champions League, it appears that this is the approach the club is rightfully taking.

Lower the average age of the squad with young, hungry, exciting players on lower wages with greater potential for selling for profit in the future. It is literally our only option given our situation, but it involves a lot of gambling and can be a slow process.

I find it interesting with Rabiot. I'd have taken him on a free, although I've always thought he was a tad overrated, personally. He's still a decent player, but he's essentially been available to sign for a club since January and is still available. Sounds like his wage demands are pricing him out of a move...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net