football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Andersen and Praet
MattySadler (IP Logged)
06 June, 2019 18:42
Rumours over the last few days that we're looking to sign Sampdoria duo Joachim Andersen (Swedish centre back) and Dennis Praet (Belgian midfielder). Apparently we could get them both for as little as €50 million, which seems a little low to me.

I can't pretend I know loads about them. I know Andersen is a ball-playing centre back who has been previously linked with Man United and Tottenham, and Praet is a midfield playmaker who Arsene Wenger once said he was very impressed by.

Thoughts?

Re: Andersen and Praet
Flava (IP Logged)
06 June, 2019 20:49
Wouldn’t recognise them if they walked past me in the street, dropping knowledge

djarse (IP Logged)
06 June, 2019 21:35
Praet played against us a few years back and is described as a Ramsey-type box to box midfielder. And of course he previously played in midfield with Torreira so they will already have an understanding which is useful.

I know nothing about Andersen - arguably that is the most crucial position to get right

Shane (IP Logged)
06 June, 2019 22:09
Quote:
djarse
Praet played against us a few years back and is described as a Ramsey-type box to box midfielder. And of course he previously played in midfield with Torreira so they will already have an understanding which is useful.

None of this matters mate. Flava doesn't know what he looks like so we can't sign him.

Flava (IP Logged)
06 June, 2019 22:27
I’m not saying we can’t, I’m saying we shouldn’t until I’ve familiarised myself with them.

I do actually know Praet, he’s not very good. There, I’ve said it now.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 04:58
I don't know them, at all.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 06:09
Im with Flava we have enough pratts already and apparently Anderson prefers a move to Milan

Under new managment

Kalela (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 07:02
First time hearing of Andersen. Did anyone on this board see him actually play in a game for club or country? Praet is an okay player but nothing to get excited about. Watched him play few times when he was playing in the Belgian League. On his wikipedia profile it says he has scored 4 goals in 98 matches for Sampdoria? Isn't that poor for an attacking midfielder? For a comparison, Mkhitaryan has scored 8 goals for Arsenal just in the league in 36 matches. I can't speak about Andersen but I doubt Praet would elevate Arsenal much unless he has improved a lot since I last watched him few years ago.

Dream acquisitions as of 10/15/2018:

CB: Issa Diop/Jonathan Tah
RB: Aaron Wan-Bissaka
DM: Franck Kessie/Yves Bissouma/Ndidi
CM: Kai Havertz
Wing/Attack: Ante Rebic/Pepe

MattySadler (IP Logged)
07 June, 2019 07:41
Quote:
djarse
Praet played against us a few years back

Think this is the only time I've seen him play.

Watched a bit of Andersen on YouTube this morning. He's tall and quality on the ball, which is something I guess.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
08 June, 2019 08:18
I don't have a lot of faith in this club to spot potential world beaters any more.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
08 June, 2019 10:24
Quote:
younghansolo
I don't have a lot of faith in this club to spot potential world beaters any more.

Under new managment

SuperRob (IP Logged)
08 June, 2019 10:47
Never seen either of them play. Seems like the right kind of profile though. Both younger players who have an upward trajectory in their careers. The best players at a smaller club rather than the worst players at the biggest clubs.

Quote:
younghansolo

True, but let's start by upgrading players who are complete liabilities (Xhaka, Mustafi, Kolasinac) and players who go missing (Ozil, Mkhitaryan) with players who are just "quite good" and who turn up most games and we'll be taking a step in the right direction.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
08 June, 2019 19:50
Analysis on what Andersen and Praet would bring to Arsenal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2019 19:51 by MattySadler.

litmus (IP Logged)
11 June, 2019 02:15
Our best bet is to go for top players at non-CL clubs as Europa at least gives them action in Europe. Players like Upemacano whom I want us to buy since 2 seasons ago is already gonna play CL next season so I doubt he wants to come here to play Thursday nights and almost every Sunday.

Felipe Anderson, Mario Lemina, Doucore are very good players with EPL experience and better than what we have. Gary Cahill would be a useful addition, leaving Chelsea and he has something to prove. A step up on Mustafi.

BTW it looks like we are on the verge of signing Carassco so I hope he works out for us but I am not convinced.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
11 June, 2019 07:05
Quote:
litmus
Our best bet is to go for top players at non-CL clubs as Europa at least gives them action in Europe. Players like Upemacano whom I want us to buy since 2 seasons ago is already gonna play CL next season so I doubt he wants to come here to play Thursday nights and almost every Sunday.
Felipe Anderson, Mario Lemina, Doucore are very good players with EPL experience and better than what we have. Gary Cahill would be a useful addition, leaving Chelsea and he has something to prove. A step up on Mustafi.

BTW it looks like we are on the verge of signing Carassco so I hope he works out for us but I am not convinced.

Anderson, Lemina and Doucoure are all great but can't see us affording them. Not even sure EPL proven is realistic for us at the moment.

I do think, apart from Martinelli and possibly Claude-Maurice, the players we're being linked with (as listed in transfer and youth thread), on paper would all be automatic starters for us.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net